332 WHP / 283 lbft thanks to Abbey Motorsport!

Chris Wiltshire

Took a trip to Abbey Motorsport after having my previous 350z uprevved by them, this time I went for the ECUTEK for the 370z.

Motordyne exhaust (E370) with ART pipes and Stillen Gen 3 intakes.

Stock baselines are around 290 but as the car had the mods already the first run was 313 whp and ended the day on 332 whp which equals to about 372bhp with 12% drive train loss.

Completely happy with the outcome and the car is now a little rocket thanks to Abbey Motorsport!

Photos to come!

• Like 2

Yeah I would definitely recommend the ECUTEK for the 370z over UPREV,

That's awesome to see its not far behind those set ups! Mark did say this was his second highest from a 370z n/a, the first highest had headers installed but was only slightly more.

The car feels totally different now, traction kicks in a lot easier even 3rd gear!

I'd been looking at dyno results for a while and remembered one or two from the USA had got over 330, I was expecting to get around 315/320 but 332 made my day haha.

Security map is a nice idea too if your parking somewhere overnight etc,

My 350z got 267 whp with similar mods so this feels like a decent upgrade.

How much was the ECUTEK compared to the UPREV if you don't mind me asking?

I was considering having my 370z upreved later this year, but looks like ECUTEK could be the better option if its not massively dearer.

Ecutek allows much more control over fi applications as well it's the way I'll be going if I go with fi on this new z

If abbey are getting 330 whp with a decent exhaust and decats .... I question the extra hassle and money supercharging for the extra 70 bhp . Yes it's still a lot more power but on the road I reckon a z with well set up suspension. Would easily keep up ....

Once I am sat behind a computer not on my phone I will post up why we like and use the EcuTek now. So many more features to use to improve the output and power delivery.

Bodyboarders we see 120/150bhp gain from going FI with a 370Z and there maybe someone new coming to the FI upgrade supplier for the 370Z.

Do you have a E92 M3? Manual or DCT? Do you like it?

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 2

So is it the case that a 370Z like mine with aftermarket exhaust and HFCs would in theory make more power from Ecutek than uprev?

I'm not planning to boost or track the car in the foreseeable future, so I doubt most of the additional features would be of much use but it would be tempting to see a noticeable hike in power over the uprev.

Once I am sat behind a computer not on my phone I will post up why we like and use the EcuTek now. So many more features to use to improve the output and power delivery.

Bodyboarders we see 120/150bhp gain from going FI with a 370Z and there maybe someone new coming to the FI upgrade supplier for the 370Z.

Do you have a E92 M3? Manual or DCT? Do you like it?

But it looks like you're achieving 50+ bhp from a exhaust , decats and ecutek ! That's the best sort of gains Ive ever seen on a n/a zed ! And would seriously doubting if for the extra 70-90 hp is worth the extra hassle/expense/worry . Just my opinion obviously .

I'm in the dct m3 and it's pretty good to be honest ! .......do ecutek cater for these?

It has its flaws like any car but the engine and drive train are the best I've experienced .

Lets not use percentage for trans losses as it doesn't work like that.

Stock 370Z versus Chris Car dyno plot below;

mkjjM3.jpg

torque is hub torque divided by final drive ratio.

Pretty good gains over a stock car for just bolt on and a retune.

Working on a post regarding differences between EcuTek and Uprev

• Like 1