3 months on 07 (313- angry fedup and thinking of getting rid

KS2006

/rant

Hi All,

For those that didn't see my other thread the fan belt shreaded on my 07 (313) whilst the car sat idling. Was a Sunday but thought no worries only a fan belt. How wrong was I :rant:

RAC wouldnt and couldnt change (warranty issue & don't carry the parts). Fair enough tow to dealer sort it out Monday (14th)

RAC diagnosed water pump seized (said it wasn't moving - the fan belt was still attached but shreaded in places) - and rear lift towed me (18" wheels struggle to get on there!!).

Dealer - no fan belts - 18th at the earliest :scare:

Today told - no fan belts till 24th at the earliest.

So I am going to be without my car since 13th January till 24th minimum.

Thats not even taking into account the 'disupted siezed water pump' and trying to find out why the fan belt dropped / broke on a 7month old 6k car.

I have found the whole experience so far to be a complete and utter joke (at my expense). Some say I'm over reacting. Well if the engine was broken or some strange part I'd take it on the chin. But a fan belt???? I'm sitting here thinking if anything else is broken how long am I going to be off the road :angry:

At the moment once I get it back I'm seriously going to look at how much of a loss I'm going to take to sell or sell back to the original dealer.

Then I will go back to a boring hatchback that they sell more then 10 a year so I can get parts easily. I think the dealer network/backup and service I've received is p*** poor. I could have flown to Japan and got a part and back in the time they have wasted so far :(

Stupid thing is I'm one of the people that 'not being egotistical' that would be considering a GT-R in a couple of years as a upgrade from the Z. Now I wouldn't even consider it. I guess all Japanese manufacturers are not the same.

So to all you 07 (313) owners with the nice spanky 80% new engine. Hope yours doesn't need anything doing.

/rant over

PS

Luckily I have my dads car as I wasn't offered a courtesy car. Apparently they will try to sort something next week.

Indeed I have. Apart from not bothering calling me back they have been as usefull as a chocklate fireguard :( I don't even know if the warranty will cover it when its eventually fixed so might have to pay and then complain to Nissan again etc to try to recoup costs.

I will be writing a formal letter of complain to whoever I can at Nissan once the whole joke is over.

I'm not a mechanic but can't they take it off the static in showroom demonstrator for example (or once fitted is it fitted). It just seems there's no backup and the dealer doesn't give a monkeys.

Indeed I have. Apart from not bothering calling me back they have been as usefull as a chocklate fireguard :( I don't even know if the warranty will cover it when its eventually fixed so might have to pay and then complain to Nissan again etc to try to recoup costs.

I will be writing a formal letter of complain to whoever I can at Nissan once the whole joke is over.

I'm not a mechanic but can't they take it off the static in showroom demonstrator for example (or once fitted is it fitted). It just seems there's no backup and the dealer doesn't give a monkeys.

Have you asked them why they haven't done that?

I know sometimes you can be on the bad end of service, but the car when working is great, honest! :D It looks like a freak occurrence, and in the scheme of things 11 days isn't the worst case. Don't go wasting a load of your own money because of a fan belt that you don't even know the true cause of the damage of. And just because the RAC said it was the water pump, it doesn't mean it definitely is.

The lack of a courtesy car is inexcusable, and I would suggest a letter requesting a car and them covering your cost of travel should see you right.....

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Have a word with the MD, and mention this site! ;)

Problem is as well that if you are unlucky in that your dealership is a muppet, then its worse. I'm lucky in the that I found (through recommendation from here) a very customer focused one, but agree generally its the after sales that are the biggest problem.....

You could try writing to the MD of Nissan UK after, but its not going to solve the problem now. Have you tried talking to the dealer principal (main guy at the dealership you are at now) and telling him that you are telling all 2200+ of us all NOT to use their dealership?

Which of course you are going to do now...... I know it doesn't help, but sometimes being firm, not taking a no and insisting on talking to the most senior person (whilst being polite) goes a long way!

Its a shame you have to do it, but I'd say get this out of the way then enjoy the car rather than loosing lots of money and selling it back!

Then make sure you find another dealership that cares about you.... I drive about 25 more miles to another that does, rather than using the 3 os so shite ones nearby!

But its not acceptable.....I'd propose your suggestion of taking it off the static demo? What reasons do they give for that! :rant:

The main problem with Nissan is although they are manufacturering German beaters these days, their dealers are used to Bluebirds and Micras. How difficult is it to get a fan belt, to be honest if the cared they would pull it off their showroom car. The answer is to pull the mother of all tantrums in the dealership on a Saturday morning

:boxing:

unfortunately you are in a bad position with the car being off the road, the natural advice if this wasnt the case would be to go to another dealers

it sounds as though you are being too polite, go in there and "kick some ass!" mate :boxing:

you have spent a lot of money and you deserve better service, have you told them you are writing to NMGB ?

Nissan dealers are rubbish, but then again many other manufacturers dealers are.

I thought all car warranty included a car. Our Jeep, (now sold) had a gearbox problem and the part was on back order from the US. The warranty provided us a latest shape new Jeep for over a month. They even delivered our car back to our home and took the hire car when it was fixed.

Well I've left it with Nissan UK atm to deal with the dealer (they have already been in contact with the dealer). Still waiting to hear back from Nissan UK - the dealer is calling me Monday as 'apparently the dealer principle has to authorise a courtesy car). Yes perhaps I'm being too polite but they have my car, it's not driveable so I'm sorta stuck till it's fixed - Yes the dealer has treated me poorly imo but the fault is with Nissan UK not having simple parts in stock.

Yes I could shout down the phone at them - I'm not going back up there as the more I have thought/dwelled on it the angrier I become and that would not be good in the dealership!!

As has been said I'm stuck with the fact my car is in their compound now undrivable (don't want to melt the engine) so even if I could amazingly source the part nothing I could really do.

Some people I've spoke to find it funny that it's happened over such as small item - of course they chuckle because it's a 'flash motor'. Others have the same opinion as me - get rid and never buy or recommend a Nissan to anyone every again (irrespective of how good the car is).

Others have the same opinion as me - get rid and never buy or recommend a Nissan to anyone every again (irrespective of how good the car is).

I wouldn't say that Nissan dealers have the monopoly on p1ss poor dealer service.. I have had some atrocious behaviour from Vauxhall dealers , Jaguar dealers and BMW dealers. (the Jaguar dealer standing head and shoulders above the rest for p1ss poor service and downright deception :lol: ). Best I have experienced by far is from a Mercedes dealer.. so I wouldn't let one bad experience sour your relationship with your Zed... Sh1t happens as they say :)

Well I've left it with Nissan UK atm to deal with the dealer (they have already been in contact with the dealer). Still waiting to hear back from Nissan UK - the dealer is calling me Monday as 'apparently the dealer principle has to authorise a courtesy car). Yes perhaps I'm being too polite but they have my car, it's not driveable so I'm sorta stuck till it's fixed - Yes the dealer has treated me poorly imo but the fault is with Nissan UK not having simple parts in stock.

Yes I could shout down the phone at them - I'm not going back up there as the more I have thought/dwelled on it the angrier I become and that would not be good in the dealership!!

As has been said I'm stuck with the fact my car is in their compound now undrivable (don't want to melt the engine) so even if I could amazingly source the part nothing I could really do.

Some people I've spoke to find it funny that it's happened over such as small item - of course they chuckle because it's a 'flash motor'. Others have the same opinion as me - get rid and never buy or recommend a Nissan to anyone every again (irrespective of how good the car is).

Sorry but what a load of rubbish that it needs the dealer principle to authorize a courtesy car. This sounds like a very poor Nissan dealership. I took mine to Holdcrofts in Stoke last month for some warrranty work and was given the option of having a courtesy car by the Lady on the service desk!! It is poor that you need to wait for these parts for such a long time, Holdcrofts needed some parts for mine and got them over night!!

You need to kick some ass.....i know i would (BIG STYLE).

And final note i know it's not nice having this happen and i am sure your car's failiure is a one off, but for one i would not be getting rid :thumbs:

You could try writing to the MD of Nissan UK after, but its not going to solve the problem now. Have you tried talking to the dealer principal (main guy at the dealership you are at now) and telling him that you are telling all 2200+ of us all NOT to use their dealership?

Which of course you are going to do now......

Have you said who the dealership is anywhere? I have read through but can't find the dealers name.

Then make sure you find another dealership that cares about you.... I drive about 25 more miles to another that does, rather than using the 3 os so shite ones nearby!

You're not too far from me Jacko, which one have you found to be the best in the North West? I've only tried Chorley Nissan in Wigan up to now. I went to them on 15th December to diagnose an exhaust problem, turns out I needed a new back box but they couldn't get one in until 16th January! Maybe its Nissan GB who need to start stocking more parts?

The other local dealer to me is Middlehursts in St Helens. I'm thinking of going there for my next service in a couple more thousand miles???

Others have the same opinion as me - get rid and never buy or recommend a Nissan to anyone every again (irrespective of how good the car is).

I wouldn't say that Nissan dealers have the monopoly on p1ss poor dealer service.. I have had some atrocious behaviour from Vauxhall dealers , Jaguar dealers and BMW dealers. (the Jaguar dealer standing head and shoulders above the rest for p1ss poor service and downright deception :lol: ). Best I have experienced by far is from a Mercedes dealer.. so I wouldn't let one bad experience sour your relationship with your Zed... Sh1t happens as they say :)

+1 I've had very poor customer service from BMW aswell as Nissan in the past. BMW were just shocking and I hated even thinking about having to get in touch with them.

I spent over £5000 with Drive Direct Nissan in Warrington in 1996 fixing a 200sx that my boss at the time had crashed (when I say I'd spent, he did really). When I got the car back it was pulling to the left slightly so I got back in touch. After beeing fobbed off by them several times because they knew they'd not replaced something that they should have done and it was a bitch of a job to fix they started getting frustrated by my persistent phone calls (I was 19 at the time and I was VERY persistent). It worked though because in the end the lady on Customer Services told me to "F%@K OFF!" on the phone :D Just what I needed to get the problem sorted out very quickly and get her sacked. A few weeks later I went in to my local Jaguar dealership and she was working there on customer services! (Go figure...). Drive Direct Nissan no longer exist in Warrington, they did have a Rover Sealership in Widens for a while but I assume thats no longer there either now.

My best dealer experience by far has been with Subaru and I've also had excellent customer service from Land Rover (don't ask!)

i've had major problems before with renault in chester, parts being delivered late when they were promised to arrive, they had the car 6wks ! and when i picked it up it was filthy as it had been left outside, when i complained they gave me a voucher for a car wash, then when i arrived i found the cd's had been stolen from the multi changer while it was there :scare:

they eventually paid for replacements, firstly the said i couldnt prove they were in there :headhurt: after contacting renault GB it was sorted

nissan certainly are not unique

Very sad to read this.

I'm on my second Z now and using a second dealership for service. With my first Z in the first garage they were great until I made arrangements with the for a particular day to check and reset the engine management light. 30 second job. When I arrived they wanted the car for the day and said they'd call when it was done. I left went to another garage owned by the same group and had the job done there and then. Later that day I e-mail a complaint to the owner. The boss of the first garage called me with half an hour and I told him his business is based on customer satisfaction which I wasn't and wouldn't be returning nor would I be referring any others to their garage. He asked could he call me again after he'd investigated what happened. I said I wasn't interested in hearing back from them again and told him I was going to the other garage. I didn’t tell him it was part of the same group but should of as it would of shown he’d lost the future sale of a Z at €65k as well as servicing costs.

I don't really think Nissan suck. It's more the individual people working there.

A mate booked his Renault in to get it serviced and to have a shock replaced. They gave him a day for the following week. I told him to ring first to see if the parts were in. They weren't. On the day he did get it serviced and I told him to ring again to ask if it would be ready at the time they said it would. It wasn't.

I find these people just don't care about the business they work for and I don’t mind kicking up a fuss even if it means getting them sacked.

Anywho, the fault you’ve had should be fixed under warranty. You should have had a courtesy car from the moment the car reached the garage. It’s a great car and I’m sure you love it as much as the rest of us. Fight your corner. You’ll win.

Agree with the comments already made. A bad dealer can significantly influence your overall opinion of a brand. I know, I worked in the motor industry for many years.

My advice would be to let the dealer know how you feel in no uncertain terms and to attempt to get the required work done before you make any hasty decisions. The Zed is generally a good car and if you can find a dealer that actually cares about it's customers, I think you will be happy to stick with it.

Ive had a growing number of problems with my current stealer - all based on customer service. Ive bought two cars from them and expressed an interest in the GT-R with them as well. I am also in the market for another Z from 'em as well, but it seemed like I was the salesperson and they were the customer, what with all the chasing up calls I make to them! So, I said enough is enough and voted with my feet and gone to another stealer - their lack of attentiveness has cost them possibly 80k in known future sales from me.

Thanks guys for all the comments.

I will update with who the dealer is once I've got my car back (not that much is happening but I don't want to jinx it further).

GIXER - thanks for your post ;) I've left some stuff in the car including a full set of CD's so hope I'm not going to be calling the police when I get my car back.

GC350z - Thing is assuming I keep the car (depending on how much of a hit in my pocket to get rid) the dealer I bought the car from is 50 miles away. I had great service during the sale etc from them. He discussed servicing with me and said he knew I had a local (8 miles) dealer but if I didn't mind the travel and a micra courtesy car they would love to have my business. I think they will have the servicing - might not always be possible to get that distance for warranty work.

Trev - your spot on. The thing is Nissan is a japanese company and whether its a mind thing you expect top quality (the old Toyata/Honda effect). When I had my Ford I expected crappy service and generally it was average at best. But as my dad says the old saying was about Ford's and always getting spares/work done. My workmate has a Golf TDI 56 plate). When he rang for service booking the altered the car foc to do long life. When he booked it in at 18k 1st question asked was about courtesy car. He got rang when done - price spot on the money. His Golf gets thrashed to with an inch of its life every day. No faults, rattles, sqeaks. Maybe he is lucky but he knows he is going to get good service from his dealer already.

We shall see what a new week brings but I'm not getting my hopes up for the 24th for the parts.

Sorry to hear about all the sh**e you have had mate?

Hope you get the car sorted soon? (I am interested particulary as I am after that model also!)

I know its a difficult time don't give up on the Zed though keep focused - as can be seen from all the replies on the forum we have all had bad experiences with our cars regardless of make or model.

Its definitely worth travelling to find a decent dealer.

If anyone is North West based I can recommend West Way Nissan Oldham they have generally been great - even when the turbo exploded on my X trail the day before it was to be part ex'd for my Pathfinder (dont ask) they were cool about it.

I always get a courtesy car no hassle at all (They know I work in Wales and live in Bury) so they try to get me either another Pathfinder or at least a larger car - Girls on the helpdesk sort it and because its a small dealership you get to know all the people including the mechanics.

Nissan Chester appear to be a great on sales (price matching) bad on after service from my experience and expensive.

Westway Rochdale - are run by 12 year old children who dont seem to know much about erm these things called Nissan's?

Keep us posted on progress and good luck. :thumbs:

Stan

You're not too far from me Jacko, which one have you found to be the best in the North West? I've only tried Chorley Nissan in Wigan up to now. I went to them on 15th December to diagnose an exhaust problem, turns out I needed a new back box but they couldn't get one in until 16th January! Maybe its Nissan GB who need to start stocking more parts?

Andy, best I've found is Lockwood and Greenwood in Ashton Under Lyne (J23 M60).... they been going for years and remember what customer service is and have always price matched the Chorley group on price. To be fair a lot of the guys here use the Chorley group both in Wigan and Bolton so they get good reviews and competitive, so maybe you were just unlucky!

I wouldn't trust West Way (any of them) as far as I could throw my own legs for after sales care...... AND they rediculous on price.......

And Stan, I had the same experience with WW Rochdale as I "disturbed" them during the football one time....... and had to tell them about the car. Useless! BTW, I'm in next town over from Bury so keep your eye out of me at Heap Bridge roundabout making a racket .... :thumbs:

Update.

I now have the car back :yahoo:

Was promised on Friday a call Monday to sort out courtesy car. Never received call. I had to chase the dealer on Monday regarding the courtesy car. Was given some story about a hire car being organised but not till Tuesday (great!!). Promissed a call back - never got one.

Tuesday comes no call back (suprise). So I ring up again chasing. Told they haven't bothered getting a hire car as the fan belt had come in early. They had fitted it and it was fine but my battery was flat and would require on overnight charge. Was told aswell that they basically struggle to provide any form of courtesy car at all (WTF??).

So Wednesday (today) I get my car back. No charge for the work done under warranty. It's grubby as they have tried to clean it (perhaps use clean water in the pressure washer might help) but everything that should be there is.

I have documented everything and just wonder who I should be firing my complaints off to (MD Nissan?, Westway MD?, Nissan Complaints. I want to vent in writing to someone (even if they bin it) - 13th January to 23rd for a fan belt and the crap treat

The dealer - Westway Coventry. I don't think I will be using them for service / warranty again if I can help it. I got the car from Sunwin Derby so might travel the extra to see if they will provide better service.

Perhaps crap service because I didn't buy my Z from Westway or crap service just because they are crap?

Now once I'm less angry perhaps I can enjoy the car again and my dad can find something else to joke about other than fan belts. :thumbs:

Glad to hear the car is back.

Things I would do now:

Complain to West Way Cov. about crap customer service. You can probably push them into a free service. I pestered West Way Basingstoke about crap service and they did my next server (P3) for free. Its an easy win for you.

Also complain to Nissan GB. Not sure what you'll get back off them, as the problem has been sorted for free, but worth a punt to see what you can get.

:thumbs: