Ark Grip & Cobra HFC's fitted

EvansJD2112

Looks great and the sound is AWESOME.

So nice to have a decent sound back. One of the few things I missed from my 350z

Thanks to Tarmac Sportz for the great service, Blobbish for his HFC's and TDI North for doing an excellent fitting job

Will post a vid clip over the weekend

IMG_20160401_132705.jpg

• Like 4

Hey. Video would be great. I find my ark with Berks incredibly loud and drony. It sets the neighbours alarm off in the mornings when I cold start it lol also some vibration which might be the W brace the exhaust might be touching now. You have any issues like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues with vibration so far.

Had the engine warning light come on this morning on the way to work.

Did the accelerator pedal ECU reset dance before leaving work.. so far so good!

Didnt get a chance to take a clip over the weekend. Will do soon.

Not had any vibrations so far but I havent had a chance to do many miles yet.

It is loud on cold start. I work from home most days so the neighbours are excused an early morning alarm call.

I didnt know about it either until I happened to Google

There are posts in this forum, but this is the first I hit

http://enginepartsdiagram.com/how-to-reset-check-engine-ecu-warning-light-on-nissan-370z/

Having done it Tuesday, the light came on again yesterday :-(

Have reset again.

Will be plugging my OBD in this weekend if it comes on again to double check the codes.

If not, it's the perfect excuse for a remap :-)

• Like 1

Interesting. I didn't get it to begin with, but after it came on once it then started to come on periodically. Have you had an uprev? I was sceptical about the benefits (apart from getting the 02 sensors deactivated in the process), but there was a noticeable improvement in throttle response.

I only have a 9 mile drive to work. Tends to come on just as I get home each night

Will put up clearing the code for a few weeks, but I think it's justification for an Uprev :-)

Uprev makes a nice difference on the auto's especially , no huge power increase but car will drive much much better and no CEL's

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will a remap get the emissions to a level that will get the car through the MOT, mine blew out due to CO2 off the scale.

Taff

No it wont , it can be difficult getting a car fitted HFC through the mot emissions test , they need to be very hot and even then many are borderline

Will a remap get the emissions to a level that will get the car through the MOT, mine blew out due to CO2 off the scale.

Taff

No it wont , it can be difficult getting a car fitted HFC through the mot emissions test , they need to be very hot and even then many are borderline

The Cobra website says

Cobra Sport performance exhausts enhance the sound, looks and quality of your vehicle giving you the ultimate driving experience. Our sports exhausts range is fully guaranteed to give you assurance of our quality.

These Nissan 370Z performance exhausts are made in 2.5"/63.5mm bore pipework and fits from the manifolds to the y-section.

These sports cats exhausts will enable you to pass a UK MOT emissions test or police road side checks.

All relevant fittings and gaskets are supplied.

I'm due for my first MOT in September. I went with the Cobra HFCs because Mark at Abbey explained they have a different internal structure to Berks which should enable them to pass the emissions test. If the car fails I'll probably go back to stock cats. I can't be bothered with getting them taken off and put back on every year. I'll just go for a louder exhaust instead.