Engineering Explained

88 Zed

Ive stumbled upon this guy on YouTube, very informative without being over complicated.

I can't work out how to put a link up on my I pad so you will just have to search it in YouTube.

Covers some interesting topics that are discussed on here like the use of preimium fuels, exhaust systems, suspension setups and engine mods.

Worth a watch ðŸ‘

I saw something cool on the internet once. It was great, but you'll have to take my word for that.

;)

Yeh, but that was late at night while you were alone in the house and you went to great lengths to delete it from your browsing history Dan...

• Like 1

My bad! I forgot to mention it's actually called engineering explained haha

He isn't a midget tho, and i haven't seen him do any 'late night' stuff to any bits of cars 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Que the Engineer jokes, a couple of my favorites...and yes I have worked in the field in the past.

Q: What is the definition of an engineer?

A: Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand.

An engineer dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, "Ah, you're an engineer -- you're in the wrong place." So the engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in. Pretty soon, the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and starts designing and building improvements. After a while, they've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and the engineer is a pretty popular guy.

One day, God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?" Satan replies, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God replies, "What??? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake -- he should never have gotten down there; send him up here." Satan says, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him. God says, "Send him back up here or I'll sue." Satan laughs uproariously and answers, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

There are three engineers in a car; an electrical engineer, a chemical engineer and a Microsoft engineer. Suddenly the car just stops by the side of the road, and the 3 engineers look at each other wondering what could be wrong. The electrical engineer suggests stripping down the electronics of the car and trying to trace where a fault might have occurred. The chemical engineeer, not knowing much about cars, suggests that maybe the fuel is becoming emulsified and getting blocked somewhere. Then, the Microsoft engineer, not knowing much about anything, comes up with a suggestion, "Why don't we close all the windows, get out, get back in, open the windows again, and maybe it'll work!?"

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 4

That's a great informative YouTube video.

Lots of other good stuff explained by him too :thumbs:

Theres an interesting one about the pros and cons of different brake disc designs, apparently drilled rotars are no good!

Iv'e been subscribed to his videos for some time now, very informative and well explained.

Also, check out the CarThrottle channel, its a UK run channel, very funny car videos.

MusclevsTuner is also a funny one, run by some southern US guys.

And if you have Netflix, I highly recommend the documentary 'A Faster Horse' about Ford and the design & production of the new 2015 Mustang, was added to their library recently I believe.