Old school (80's) Bmx

Jetpilot

Ah takes me back to when I had my good old raliegh night burner.

Link below Not mine ! Same colours going on with the zed. Haha

http://www.dtrcartwr...urner/stuey.htm

I don't say this often, heck hardly at all tbh, but that is a cool bike. B)

I had a BMX for a very short period but then I wanted a mountain bike as they had gears & could off road better. My brother also had a BMX for a period, ...well sort of; it was the "Raleigh Wolf" as below. :blush:

Soldbikes276.jpg

Ah takes me back to when I had my good old raliegh night burner.

Link below Not mine ! Same colours going on with the zed. Haha

http://www.dtrcartwr...urner/stuey.htm

I don't say this often, heck hardly at all tbh, but that is a cool bike. B)

I had a BMX for a very short period but then I wanted a mountain bike as they had gears & could off road better. My brother also had a BMX for a period, ...well sort of; it was the "Raleigh Wolf" as below. :blush:

Soldbikes276.jpg

Yes it was cool mate, so cool my mate had the same ! Haha. Traded it in for a mountain bike, which was also red and black ! well my dad did anyway. Haha

Yes it was cool mate, so cool my mate had the same ! Haha. Traded it in for a mountain bike, which was also red and black ! well my dad did anyway. Haha

Another mountain bike convert then. Ha. :lol:

Still got my mountain bike although compared to todays mountain bikes it is seriously heavy. :dry::D

Another mountain bike convert then. Ha. :lol:

Still got my mountain bike although compared to todays mountain bikes it is seriously heavy. :dry::D

Yes, though sadly that's gone too. Still got my trek y3 I bought back in the late 90's

I've still got my BMX from when I was a young teen. I was given it for my birthday (second hand) . It came from a guy that used to race it and was badged up as a SKYWAY.

I spent all my school days fighting off people that wanted to buy it off me, it even got stolen twice, but I managed to find it on both occasions!

A few years ago i decided to find out exactly what model it was and after a few days research I found it wasn't a Skyway after all ...But a Raleigh :dry: This upset me a bit, as the back in the day it wasn't cool to have the Raleigh......

Anyway, I finally found out exactly what it was and its actually quite rare so pretty cool in the end. :)

A 1983 Mk1 Chromo Burner as can be seen here - http://dtrcartwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Burner/tw.htm

Mine needs a bit of a polish up but isn't too bad, I'm looking forward to getting it down from the roof of the garage and giving it a clean up now!

IMAG0082.jpg

My Bro's still got his Burner in his garage. He had it in the 80's, i had it in the 90's. I remember riding it one time and this bloke said to me, 'what you doing with that bike, kid. That's my mate's bike, not yours!' It turned out to be my brother's best mate as a child and he remembered it...!

Another time my friend and i got chased by 'The BMX Bandits', a local gang of about 8 teenagers who knicked BMX's.... it was a hairy half hour but we just about managed to escape. Well scary as a 10 year old!

• Like 1

Cool thread, I sold my Skyway TA a couple of years ago but still have my old GT performer in bits in the loft :)

I was a free styler not a dirt racer, first bike was a gold and black super burner followed by the TA and then the GT. Regardless I still did my paper round on my mighty Grifter.

Edited by Zeezeebaba