Mayday! Tyres

Commander

they're the replacement for MPSS, so should be good! Also consider the new GY Eagle 3 and Conti Sport Contact 6.

NOOOO, they're a replacement for the MPS3 and sit below the MPSS in the product line up, an MPSS replacement will be out later.

Commander, Yokohama AD08Rs are my tyre of choice, better than the MPSS in the dry, a bit low grip in winter+wet although still predictable but I'm a summer driver anyway.

I hope you Bridgestone guys mean the 050A, not the awful 040s...

I've always found the 50s sh1te too, certainly for the cost of the buggers. Crap on the Zed and crap on the VW.

The black circles premium brand on the VW are fairing just as well as the bridgestones if not slightly better.

• 3 weeks later...

Having just bought a set of four new alloys that came fitted with Yokohama Advans,I was sceptical being a Dunlop fan.

However I have to admit to bing very pleasantly surprise by grip,lack of squeal

and braking distances are a bit shorter.Longevity?we'll have to wait and see.

Why not Bridgestones all round?

All I've ever used on my 12yo Zed

That is rather like saying the telegraph is still the best means of communication......honestly the MPSS are night and day compared to the 'Stones' on the Zeds.

Edited by Ebized

Why not Bridgestones all round?

All I've ever used on my 12yo Zed

That is rather like saying the telegraph is still the best means of communication......honestly the MPSS are night and day compared to the 'Stones' on the Zeds.

Guess my driving stye is not extreme enough to notice the difference - I'm mainly a communter/sunday driver in the Zed