Failing Relationships

TT350

When my other half kept leaving empty loo rolls on the cistern instead of putting them in the bin, I just started leaving them in his shoes! When he asked me why I just said because you obviously wanted to keep them! He doesn't do it now........ perhaps there's a new place for your cat poo............ :lol:

• Like 4

RabbitStew should think about investing in 2 items - or better still get Mrs RabbitStew to invest in these items:

* A dishwasher machine

* A Cat Genie - http://www.catgenie.co.uk/

For those who can't be bothered to click the link and wondering what it's all about:

catgenie0226091.jpg

I actually had one for a while with moderate success. Unfortunately I think one of my longhaired cats got snagged in the mechanical workings as I got home one day to find lots of cat fur surrounding it and none of them ever used it again. Also, when the machine malfunctions and the poo hasn't been properly mulched up the house smells of baking cat turds thanks to the hot air dryer.

But give it a go Rabbit, might make your life easier. And your lady can deal with the smell of the baking cat crap brownies.

I hope the OP has had a sit down and talk with his other half.

S.

• Like 2

RabbitStew should think about investing in 2 items - or better still get Mrs RabbitStew to invest in these items:

* A dishwasher machine

For those who can't be bothered to click the link and wondering what it's all about:

catgenie0226091.jpg

I actually had one for a while with moderate success. Unfortunately I think one of my longhaired cats got snagged in the mechanical workings as I got home one day to find lots of cat fur surrounding it and none of them ever used it again. Also, when the machine malfunctions and the poo hasn't been properly mulched up the house smells of baking cat turds thanks to the hot air dryer.

But give it a go Rabbit, might make your life easier. And your lady can deal with the smell of the baking cat crap brownies.

S.

Without a doubt my favorite ever post on this forum. I am loling everywhere

• Like 1

From my experience, children is the easy bit. Its the wife/girlfriend/other half and their pets which is the problem. Since I met my other half, I have one by one given up every single one of my hobbies as I just do not have any spare time to do them. I now do 3 times as many chores / daily house tasks as I had when I lived on my own as not only do I have to do all my own washing/cooking/cleaning but also clean up after her, plus all her pets, plus the kids.

Take today for instance, and this is pretty much every single day off my life now....

I got up at 6am well before anyone else in the house. I stuck the washing machine on as it was full. I washed up the food plates & stuff the wife left over in the sink from last night (id already washed my stuff up the night before), I tidied the lounge as sweet wrappers, drink bottles, used tissues etc. left everywhere. Quickly hoovered around downstairs. Cleared out the litter trays, fed the animals, made my lunch, ironed my shirt, had a shower. Quickly checked work emails and made myself a cup of tea. I could then hear the little one waking up, so made his milk ready, got him up & dressed. Other half was still in bed. Take little one downstairs to allow the other half to "get ready". Washing machine now finished, so I sort clothes out, put dryer on. Make little one breakfast, make myself some. Play with little one for about 15mins. Clear litter trays out again as the animals have now had their morning dumps. One now throws up all over the floor so I clean that up. Other half now comes down stairs, so I go back up stairs, pick wet towels up off the bedroom floor and put on the radiators to dry, make the beds, tidy rubbish up off the floor which other half has left there, tidy little ones room up, then come down stairs again. Dryer is finished now so I sort clothes out and put them away whilst other half watches telly whilst playing on her phone. I then down my cup of tea which is now stone cold & leave for work, dropping the little one off at his childminder/nursery on the way. Ive been up 2 hours already and now have a 1hr 30min drive into work.

At the other end of the day, its pretty similar, get home from work after another 1hr 30mins drive, clean out litter trays, tidy up all the new rubbish which seems to have appeared in the lounge during the day, wash up the new load of plates & stuff which have appeared in the washing up bowl whilst ive been at work. The clothes/towels which were left on the radiators during the day are now dry so I fold up them and put them away. Run bath for little one, get his milk ready, feed the animals their evening meal & let them outside to play. Put little one to bed and by now its rapidly approaching 8pm. Ive still got to make my own tea if I want anything to eat and so that maybe gives me 1hr to have a workout if I want to end up sitting down at 10pm for my evening meal, although by then im very often so shattered I just want to go to bed and sleep.

Out of all that if I do a time/motion study, id guess only a small fraction is down to children, getting them up, dressed, fed and off to nursery doesnt take long.

Compare all this with how it used to be.... id get up at 6.30am, have a workout for 1 hour, then make my breakfast & lunch, eat a relaxing breakfast and have a nice warm cup of tea, then drive to work. Get home from work at 6pm, have a workout for an hour, have a shower and then it would still only be 7.30pm and id have the whole evening ahead of me to go out with mates, play on xbox, watch a movie etc. Weekends id have so much free time I could spent all Sunday morning on the car, or out on the bike or playing football, whatever I wanted and still spend the rest of the weekend with my girlfriend.

From what TT350 says, realistically the only way forward will be to end it. You can look back at the good old days of the relationship but things have changed and in my experience they wont go back even if both of you tried. In my situation I just dont know how the OH would cope looking after a kid plus a whole zoo of animals by herself if she cant look after them now, and my pride/stubbornness says that I made my bed so I must lie in it. Plus I dont want some other bloke hanging around my kid as a "dad figure". Maybe when they are older things can change.

Strewth!!!! That's not good. That will destroy you, go and get some help, I don't quite know where from but from the outside looking in you could do with some.

Kids. Hell no.

One of my friends' sister looked at me puzzled one time when I said that I didn't want kids. She said "what's the point to life then?"

That made me a bit sad for her. That she couldn't see past her own little snippet of the world. No desire to travel and see the rest of the planet.

Imagine, living in Rochdale, never leaving it and being content with it. Scary.

My best friend is a new father. He's completely binned all his mates since his daughter was born. He goes to work, goes home, stares at the baby, goes to bed and repeats the next day and he's blissfully happy.

Again, he has no desire to do or see anything else in life.

I feel a lot of people have children to give themselves a purpose and basically, something to do/live for.

That's partly true but, if you can't find something to live for, find something to die for. Edited by Rock_Steady

* A dishwasher machine

catgenie0226091.jpg

S.

even the cat looks like WTF

• Like 1

* A dishwasher machine

catgenie0226091.jpg

S.

even the cat looks like WTF

Cat looks like its been photoshopped in there tbh!

• Like 1

I change the cat litter tray in the morning but then get grief in the evening as the cat's have actually lo and behold taken a dump during the day in my absence!

Lol.

Rabbitstew, your other half sounds completely bone idle!

Things are going better now.

I've stopped taking anti depressants for 3 weeks or so now and for some reason, it seems to be helping. I'm starting to feel things again. Probably doesn't make sense that not taking them would help.

I remember a discussion about depression on another forum. How Fluoxetine seemed to help depression by just blanket bombing your emotions. I didn't relate to that at the time but I can see it now.

Maybe I was projecting my own gloom and apethy onto the relationship.

We had a good talk and she revealed how lonely she felt too.

Will take each day at a time.

• Like 8