What not to do: Test driving a Zed before you can afford it!

AK350Z

Went down my local nissan dealers today for my first wee spin in a Zed. The weather was distinctly rubbish for driving a 300bhp RWD car, but i just took it (fairly) easy and all was good.

The coversation with the dealer was something like;

"How long have i got?"

"Hmm, Did you have a route in mind?"

"Not really, just going to follow my nose."

"Two hours long enough?"

"............ err, i think that'll be fine!" :yahoo:

"Here's the keys, have fun."

" :teeth: "

?action=view&current=IMG_1871.jpg"%20target="_blank">[img]<a href=http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/AK350Z/IMG_1871.jpg' alt='IMG_1871.jpg'>[/img]

Put a good few miles in, and managed to visit one of my friends who has just bought a Clio R27. He was most jealous! :D

p><p>Unfortunately, the test drive proved to be even better than i thought it would be, so now i

The Zed proved to be ballistic, and infinitely more solid and refined than other quick cars i've driven (just a 225bhp TT and my mates MR2 turbo to be honest!). Well, the Audi was well built, but it was like driving though a letterbox, the Zeds cabin is much more airy.

Enough raving, it will be mine - oh yes, it will be mine! :D lol.

Andyk.

[How can you stand next to that and not smile :lol:

I know where there is a very nice black one for sale ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11221

I wasn't ready for the camera dammit! :)

I have a pic where i'm laughing with the dealer, but it makes me look a bit mental, so i left it off!

i have decided that if i'm having one, it'll be a new one. It appeals too much, don't ask why - cos i don't know! :wacko:

I think i have "one owner from new" issues.

why? If it's under warranty no issues. Save yourself the 3k you loose when you drive it off the forecourt.

In saying that though, if nobody bought new cars I'd struggle to get a nice 2nd hand one :teeth: When I got my zed it had 5000 miles on the clock and was 1 1/2 years old and £9000 less than new :teeth:

A familiar story, glad you liked it! Now turn the heating down, only have beans on toast for dinner and save!! :teeth:

...and once you've saved £30K invest it in something which is guaranteed to loose money and have you visiting your local petrol fore court on a regular basis ...hehe but since your buying a Z, common sense goes out of the window :p

A familiar story, glad you liked it! Now turn the heating down, only have beans on toast for dinner and save!! :teeth:

...and once you've saved £30K invest it in something which is guaranteed to loose money and have you visiting your local petrol fore court on a regular basis ...hehe but since your buying a Z, common sense goes out of the window :p

There are worse things to buy, but that's the spirit!! :teeth::thumbs:

Just go for it matey - I am in the same boat as you but fortunately not had a test drive yet - on purpose as I know I will find some stupid way to justify buying it there and then!! :D (I am not ready for one yet (money wise anyway!)) :lol:

Just keep saving like me and read this forum for background info and people doing this :p:p:p just to rub it it that we ain't got one! :wacko:

Stan

Just go for it matey - I am in the same boat as you but fortunately not had a test drive yet - on purpose as I know I will find some stupid way to justify buying it there and then!! :D (I am not ready for one yet (money wise anyway!)) :lol:

Just keep saving like me and read this forum for background info and people doing this :p:p:p just to rub it it that we ain't got one! :wacko:

Stan

Neither was i when i bought mine, however i got it and loved every moment and never regretted it. :thumbs:

Unfortunately its either mortgage or 350Z at the mo? Call me old fashioned but I'd rather have both and I really fancy the newer 07 version which is not cheap! So save save save an step away from the test drive!

Incidentally has anyone had a dealer let them borrow a 350Z for 24 hours ?

Stan