Car Sales Sites

starky5

Nope. That my friend is the joy you will receive from each and every car sales site because each and every buyer uses each and every sales platform to look for cars.

People in the main......are arseholes

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Ricey@revolveautomotive
  • Like 3

Generally i found AutoTrader to have less timewasters.

I used to buy and sell for a while, and i hardly got any interest from PistonHeads Classified.

Ebay is hit and miss - General rule is dont use an auction, put a BUY IT NOW/ Best Offer - and dont accept any offer on the site until they have paid a deposit/ come and paid cash (otherwise youll just spend ages relisting all the time)

There are loads of timewasters out there. - i say this after worked as a 'professional car salesman' - As well as doing it on my own as a 'Home Trader'

• Like 1

I may stick it on PH as well and see how I get on.

Are "what's it worth" posts allowed on the forum? I had a quick search and didn't come across any, don't want to put my foot in it! Looking at others for sale i think i have priced mine fairly but I could be wildly wrong haha

Are "what's it worth" posts allowed on the forum?

Yes but only if following the rules as below.

"What's it worth" type posts requesting valuations of cars, parts etc will be permitted so long as the post satisfies the terms and conditions stipulated in the relevant sub sections of this forum section.

For selling a Zed though the rules are...

MINIMUM LIMIT OF 100 POSTS before you can post in this section and has been a MEMBER FOR A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS.

This rule is there for anyone wishing to get an idea of the history of the car and its owner. We are sure you can appreciate we do need to place some control over advertising sections.

The OP can request for the thread to be locked after posting. Please contact a member of admin/mod before placing ad.

No spamming to get the post count up permitted.

Any advert placed without passing the 100 post count rule will automatically deleted.

Any posts posted under the minimum count will be removed and spamming to get the count up quickly is not permitted Buyers

So unfortunately you don't meet the regulations as stated above. Sorry. ;)

What I'd do though is just simply put into the search criteria on Pistonheads or Autotrader your Zed. Eg. Look at similar mileage/age/model cars and just look at what the top & bottom end prices are for them.

Then using that information price yours somewhere in the middle providing that it's like for like and you're happy with the price you'd get. :thumbs:

Ok thanks, I've been lookin at others on auto trader and if anything I've priced mine a bit lower than similar cars but still get jokers over in far less than the asking price.

I guess that's just the fun of selling a performance car though, plenty of people that don't have the money but wish they did! Hahaha

im not so sure on Autotrader having the biggest audience as mentioned above as I only managed 250 views after 14 days

On Ebay I had a 100 views per day and over a 9 day period I racked up 890 views, I had best offer/buy it now. Plus I had tags in the title, Like Type ;-), I got a warning message after the second advert went up, so I changed the title, views reduced to 80 per day which was okay, On the third advert I reverted back to using tags, they said it ruined the search experience for people and diverts traffic the wrong way. Which is true, but 900 views, the extra 200-300 views made a difference, The guy was asking about the car for about 2-3 weeks and finally came and bought it. I was honest and told him everything

I also had to list it 3 times and no one wanted to meet the price. I sold my Civic 2006 CAT D after 2 and a half months. Eventually he came and bought the car from Wales. He turned out to be genuine, His dad owned a 370z, big coincidence ofcourse lol.

Wording the advert correctly helps, but not too strong as it puts off people even genuine buyers as I found out. Also a lot of people dont read the ad in full. You will get used to answering questions like how many owners again? service history did you mention that? its grey right? :headhurt:

What I meant by biggest audience was they have the most cars advertised by a long way and anyone looking for a car would put auto trader high on their priority list

Had a quick search just now and the numbers are easy lol

135k cars on pistonheads

235k cars on ebay

435k on autotrader

That's a huge jump. They have been around longer than anyone so you would expect them to have more sellers

Autotrader tried to call me so many times to renew my ad, I would have but when I looked at the stats then looked down at my phone, it didnt make sense for a site like that, time of the year maybe, . Maximum exposure I would say Ebay, because you get suggested or related items, its not concentrated traffic. "popular" without paying extra

plus its easy to go from searching for a samsung s6 to looking at what the used car market is like in seconds,

I am afraid shows like wheeler dealers and others have increased the, whats your lowest price, in other words, the low ballers. I sold mine from ebay, all I got on the add from here was people wanting a deal (on the most part) and sold for a fair bit more than the price I asked on here.

My advise would be, get a comprehensive add up on ebay, answer any sensible questions and just ignore the rest along with the stupid offers.