Condensation in my zed, advise please =)

veeg33

Been trying to investigate where the condensation comes from since last winter and still hasn't found the root cause yet!!

I've bought some mini dehumidifier and placed them in the car for about 4 months, and this doesn't seems to sort it out. I've also removed all car mats, dry them out on radiator (in the house) and placed some news papers under the mats before putting all mats back in. After 1 months, there isn't any sign of water on the news papers hence I think there isn't any leaks.

Next suspect is the door rubber seals and boot rubber seals. I've seen a post earlier this year that one can stuff some sponge/foam under door rubber seals to lift them up for a better sealing. I will try this once I've managed to get some sponge/foam.

And this morning, i noticed that the condensations (from last night) have frozen near the top brake light. I'm assuming that the rubber seals at the top has failed? Anyone experienced this before? Can I still get them new as I only found used ones on Ebay?

I've checked many common issues that other fellow zed owners has diagnosed but mine still hasn't resolve.

Edited by veeg33

All zeds have condensation problems. (have a search in here, including stuff that's archived,probably dozens and dozens of threads)

Biggest source of internal condensation is you. Your skin and your breath. Just leave the air con on permanently,that's what most people do..

• Like 1

All zeds have condensation problems. (have a search in here, including stuff that's archived,probably dozens and dozens of threads)

Biggest source of internal condensation is you. Your skin and your breath. Just leave the air con on permanently,that's what most people do..

+1 :thumbs:

+2 :thumbs:

Its a fact of nature, when moist air cools below dew point, water falls out as condensation.

+2 :thumbs:

Its a fact of nature, when moist air cools below dew point, water falls out as condensation.

+3 :thumbs:

The guys are right - unavoidable, but manageable.

Silica gel pouches such as pingi or the one Rich linked to work a treat. My recommendation is have a pre-microwaved one sat on a radiator in the house staying toasty warm (and dry), when you go driving, take it with you and once you're finished your journey, take the rich (saturated) one out - nuke it and rinse / repeat.

For long-term storage, you can put a room dehumidifier (homebase B&Q sell them) in the car, but in all honesty, they will be overpowered pretty quickly ion the Zed. Just be ready with a nice absorbent towel when you plan on taking it back out on the road to soak up the condensation.

• Like 1

Aircon is permanently all the time, no issue whilst driving, only issue when I park my car after driving. I did try to few times driving with windows open for the last 5 mins before stopping my car, condensation still an issue after. Sorry, I didn't make it clear that the condensation issue only happens when my zed is parked after a period of time, not during driving. My apologies.

I also have 2 bags of reusable silica bags which I almost have to put them in microwave every week during 'peak' times.

Thanks guys, sounds like I don't really need to buy new boot rubber seals.

Issue I find is generally Nissans of a similar age or older don't tend to breathe very well at all. My 92' sunny suffered from condensation when the car has been left for overnight or while parked up at work. I've fitted smoked wind deflectors and lower both front windows very slightly say 4mm, this aids the warm air in the car to escape as it rises and not settle on the larger cold piece of glass. Well that how I resolved the matter with the Sunny the Zed I'm yet to defeat sadly.

• Like 1