what about the options?

AK350Z

Right then, i am just thinking of getting my finances sorted out for an eventual Zed purchase.

Obviously the options list is a litany of expense, but i quite fancy spec'ing the Nismo bodykit just save faffing about with bodyshops etc after delivery.

Is this a bad choice? Yes i know i'm paying through the nose, but the convenience is quite compelling!

I'm planning on a red non-gt as i dont fancy paying £2.3k when the seats are the only extras i'm interested in.

Cheers,

AndyK

:teeth: nice problem to be having, IMO - the GT on UK cars makes it an easier and slightly better resale. As most leasing companies will look favourably on items like GT and less on others, this tells you a lot about the total overall cost.

However, as you are buying the car for you to enjoy and not as an economical investment you spend the money where your heart lies.

Looking good in that colour. Personally not enough awareness of the options on bodykit in aftersale market, others will undoubtedly jump in.

Welcome and enjoy when you get it :teeth:

Right then, i am just thinking of getting my finances sorted out for an eventual Zed purchase.

Obviously the options list is a litany of expense, but i quite fancy spec'ing the Nismo bodykit just save faffing about with bodyshops etc after delivery.

Is this a bad choice? Yes i know i'm paying through the nose, but the convenience is quite compelling!

I'm planning on a red non-gt as i dont fancy paying £2.3k when the seats are the only extras i'm interested in.

Cheers,

AndyK

You can probably get BigPhil to sort you out the Nismo for abit less and put you in touch with a decent bodyshop.

However i dont think its that bad of a choice. You can get your seats recoevered in leather of your chocie for ~ £500-£600

edit - and after reading another post on here you only live once.. GO FOR IT!! :thumbs:

If you are planning on buying new, what about a nearly new one? I've just bought a nearly new Roadster which has pretty much every option ticked (bar tracker and Nismo kit) and with 6500 on the clock, for £27k (which I think is around the price of a brand new coupe before extras). I specced it up on the Nissan site and it would have cost £34k!!!!. May 07 model so latest spec as well :thumbs:

You buying brand spankers new Andy?

Hehe, with a bit of luck yes! I know nearly new would save a chunk of change, but a) i definatly want a MY07, and B) i'm planning on keeping it for a good while, so second hand value isn't that big a deal.

Oh, and c) i don't think i've ever seen a second hand red one (i bet there's one on ebay now i've said that! :angry: )

The gt/non gt decision is made though.

Andy.

You buying brand spankers new Andy?

Hehe, with a bit of luck yes! I know nearly new would save a chunk of change, but a) i definatly want a MY07, and B) i'm planning on keeping it for a good while, so second hand value isn't that big a deal.

Oh, and c) i don't think i've ever seen a second hand red one (i bet there's one on ebay now i've said that! :angry: )

The gt/non gt decision is made though.

Andy.

Welcome to the site. My advice would be go for the GT and NISMO from factory. If you wanted a different kit then I can see the point in getting a non-kitted one. But since it can roll off the line with it on, I would take that option. Plus, the hassle of the car going away again etc. :)

welcome. :teeth:

remember also, if you go second hand it will likely be Chilli Red. Where as the the new red (Rosso red) has only just been released

IIRC first batch was released from the Sunderland Compound on the 7th along with the new pearl whites.

Al

remember also, if you go second hand it will likely be Chilli Red. Where as the the new red (Rosso red) has only just been released

IIRC first batch was released from the Sunderland Compound on the 7th along with the new pearl whites.

Al

True. And Rosso's not as nice as Chilli.

Welcome BTW! :thumbs:

Al

True. And Rosso's not as nice as Chilli.

Welcome BTW! :thumbs:

Are there any pics of the new red? How is it different?

oh and :welcome:

FWIW I'd get the kit added afterwards but spend the money saved on the GT pack......... :)

Am I correct in saying that if you go non-gt you dont get the satnav option-why is this?

On the options list it is a seperate item, so in theory you can have sat nav on a non-gt. (for just over a grand! :scare: )

You see Im all for non-gt spec especially now that Rays are standard. But I do like the cruise control feature and unfortunately people look for GT pack/sat nav on the second hand market :dry:

Am I correct in saying that if you go non-gt you dont get the satnav option-why is this?

On the options list it is a seperate item, so in theory you can have sat nav on a non-gt. (for just over a grand! :scare: )

Just checked - satnav does not appear on the non gt pack option list

Haven't read the entire thread, but here is my 2 cents.

Get the GT pack. The extra you pay now will make your car 100 times easier to sell in a couple of years (and you will want to sell it one day, even if now it would look as if you would be happy with it forever. ;) )

The money you would spend on the Nismo kit is better spent on a Nismo exhaust and the satnav system. The satnav is really good, nice integration in the dash, no ugly pda-gps stuck on the window of your otherwise cool looking sportscar, and the Nismo catback for that extra B), and both will help sell the car later on (esp. the satnav). I hesitated to get it because of the pricetag, but I haven't regretted it one minute!

Also do yourself a favor and get the rear parking sensors. Looking through the back window is like looking through a letterbox and parking will be 100 times easier with it.

I don't think i can afford all that! And there's no way on this earth i'm paying £1k for a satnav that can't do post codes!

I might conside the gt pack if i can haggle like £2k of the list price! Anyone else got decent money off new?