I want my Z to sound like a Jag F-Type V6

RorySolow

Afternoon peeps,

I know there is much more to it than piping, but I am getting a custom cat-back system built this weekend and I want my Z to sound like the Jaguar F-Type V6:

Any engine acoustic experts out there willing to lend some advice?

Jag put a lot of time, effort and money getting the F-type to sound the way it does . . . your car won't ever sound like it.

My advice . . sell the Zed and get a Jag :lol:

This unfortunately.

Still though you can get the Zed to sound great imo. I used to love the noise mine made with Berks De-Cats, an Invidia Gemini true dual system and the Vortech supercharger. B)

Brief outside sound of my Zed filmed by another member on here whilst I was on a Castle Combe track day. You can hear the noise it makes over everything else as I accelerate out of the corner & up the straight. ;)

Static rev up.

Sounded at it's best though at full WOT going through tunnels. :cloud9:

• Like 2

forget decats youll need a port and polish on the head and a set on long headers to sound close they spent more money on how it sounded than they did setting it up to drive properly lived with a bloke who worked on the engine development and they tried about a 100 different exhaust combos ie headers(exhaust manifold) hfc , mid pipes and back box getting it to sound great was easy getting it to pass the euro tests and still sound good thats where the money went

• Like 2

Afternoon peeps,

I know there is much more to it than piping, but I am getting a custom cat-back system built this weekend and I want my Z to sound like the Jaguar F-Type V6:

Any engine acoustic experts out there willing to lend some advice?

Think the closest you'll get to the jag without buying is this

Wow, looks seriously complicated!!

It's not that complicated at all imo but it is expensive.

Cheaper option is a decent exhaust set up and then add a Driftworks QTP valve to it plus a screamer pipe. Another member on here has done it I know but just can't seem to remember who? :dry:

It's BBK who posted above btw. :teeth::lol:

Link: http://www.driftworks.com/blog/2012/07/electronic-bypass-retard-valves-now-in-stock/