Zed Won't Rev Past 5k ?!?!?!? Thermostat?!?!?

Ollydykins

Hey Guys,

Another question, my zed will rev past 5k in first and second gear 100% of the time, third gear 50/50, and never in 4th, 5th & 6th. I'm not a big car guy (as some of you may already know :teeth: ). I've recently just changed my oil, oil filter, spark plugs and battery. So i'm guessing its a thermostat/thermometer problem? not telling the edu that the engine is warm so its holding it back?

BUT, when i do rev past/hit the 5k revs, it will trip out the ECU, turning my check engine light, my traction control and the usual, and obviously then i have to reset it. but this is becoming a big pain in the ass, as i've got my rev limit to 6k anyway, but sometimes just want to have some fun.....

Anybody have any idea's please let me know, as the last thing i want to do is go into a garage with absolutely no idea...

Thanks,

Olly,

P.S, if any of you would like a video to explain things better, please let me know (Y)

I'd do an ecu reset and throttle/pedal position resets and see how you get on

Read the OP. He already does that every time.

He needs to find out what the codes are before clearing them to get an idea of what is going on when it's throwing up the CEL.

Can I ask if the car is running on 6 cylinders, very easy to refit coil wiring in correctly after changing plugs.

Either cylinder 3 and 5 on drivers side bank and 4 and 6 on passenger side bank.

The looms do have numbers in them from new but these do fade and fall off with heat.

So easy to be done worth a double check.

Normal limp for these cars is 3000/3500rpm

Knock detection doesn't restrict rpm, it just retards the ignition timing a few degrees, I would go for the mixed up coil pack theory, providing the DE doesn't run wasted spark? but it is an odd one, I did wonder if it had something to do with the restricted throttle opening in lower gears, but that shouldn't restrict overall rpm.

Hey guys, right, as typical as it is, I now can't even get it to trip the ecu, it's now changed its mind what to do, so now I can't even do the self diagnostic test?

Now it will go past 5k BARELY, with the car juddering and shaking like mad, I've got a video;

(Yes I know I crunched my gears 😷😷😱😱)

https://vimeo.com/153564981

Thanks again guys for the help,

Olly

so we've got;

P0335 CKP (Crank Shaft Position) Sensor

​and i can't find one for 1003?

can't find one for 1003,

the one close is ;

P1103 MAP Sensor Heater ??

will try again now.

symptoms of p0335;

• Car shuts off suddenly while driving
  • Tachometer needle jumps around or is jerky
  • Engine Speed dips when letting off gas
  • Poor performance

which explains a bit ...

Edited by Ollydykins

These cars have a maf, not a map sensor so I'd be looking towards the crank sensor. My thinking is that would causing starting issues as the ecu wouldn't know where the pistons were in relation to the cams/valve timing for its spark signal.....