Recomended discs/pads ? Mixed motoring, no tracks...

inspiral

Ah good ol DBA, had them on my Fiat Coupe 20vt. The only ones that didn't warp. The Coupe had the same brakes as the Z but with small 16" poorly vented wheels that melted pretty much most discs :wacko:

Thanks guys, any more tips before I fire up Google for suppliers/prices ?

Edited by inspiral

Standard discs dont cost anything ;)

Id probably say DS2500 pads as well :)

Can't say I'm particularly keen on grooves n holes but options seem to be limited without these. So you may have a point.

Do the DS2500 pads take a lot of warming up to work ?

Edited by inspiral

DBA T2 and Hawk Ceramics supplied by Clark Motorsport and fitted by me absolutely love the set up and no brake squeal , great all round and noticed a big difference to my old standard oem kit

Each to their own though and obviously budget restrictions

Standard discs dont cost anything ;)

Id probably say DS2500 pads as well :)

Can't say I'm particularly keen on grooves n holes but options seem to be limited without these. So you may have a point.

Do the DS2500 pads take a lot of warming up to work ?

They're not perfect from stone cold, but don't take spirited driving to get them warm. Spot on on my urban commute and equally at home on B roads. They don't mind creating a bit of dust.

• Like 1

DBA T2 and Hawk Ceramics supplied by Clark Motorsport and fitted by me absolutely love the set up and no brake squeal , great all round and noticed a big difference to my old standard oem kit

Each to their own though and obviously budget restrictions

Another vote for these and Clark Motorsport. Give Ewen a shout

I went for pagid discs and ds2500s. They have finally given up 3 track days later but only after some excessive abuse at oulton park. For road use I'm sure they'll be fine as stopping power was never an issue, mine are still fine stopping wise really just badly warped.

Edited by Jimmyflo

if you don't do trackdays and aren't in the habit of doing long alpine descents then i'd get standard discs and brembo pads, the brakes on a zed a perfectly capable for normal round use just as they are.

If you're feeling flush, i'd change the brembo pads to EBC redstuff, but wouldn't consider anything other than standard discs unless I was doing trackdays.

EBC oem discs with red stuff pads, love them

I agree, I cant help thinking that DS2500 pads (whilst they are great on track) are an unnecessary expense for road use. I fitted EBC grooved discs and red stuff pads to my 370z recently as I found the standard pads weren't so great braking from 110mph plus, its a big improvement over stock and maintain performance when braking from high speed and cost about half of what DS2500 do

• Like 1

Current discs beginning to get the wobbles I'm afraid :mellow:

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Brake discs dont warp or wobble. Its either suspension bushes or deposits on the face of the disc which can be skimmed off.

Seriously, Ive driven plenty cars with mega big brake packages and the standard brembos teamed up with high quality pads are up with anything, Im sure Ive had the back wheels off the ground :lol:

Current discs beginning to get the wobbles I'm afraid :mellow:

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Brake discs dont warp or wobble. Its either suspension bushes or deposits on the face of the disc which can be skimmed off.

Seriously, Ive driven plenty cars with mega big brake packages and the standard brembos teamed up with high quality pads are up with anything, Im sure Ive had the back wheels off the ground :lol:

My Discs were worn too. Ebc make their own direct replacements. Not grooved, standard size and fit. But made with higher quality materials, and painted with their anti corrosion finish. They arrive black but the mating face goes shiny once beded in.

post-23080-0-81762200-1452877084_thumb.jpeg

post-23080-0-43664500-1452877096_thumb.jpeg