Not a good day yesterday...

Soundwave

...Well not all bad but ended not so well :(

As some of you may be aware I was out looking at Zed's yesterday & drove 2...

A JDM Tiptronic one & a UK GT Spec

Both were amazing with the manual obviously being better & lots more fun.

By god are they quick...that extra 100bhp over my Cupra is SO noticable & the drive...absoulutley amazing...I MUST have one :D:D

That was the good bit the bad bit was getting home to try to sort the finance...cant get anything from anyone :(

The reason being that as I'm in a new job they wont entertain me for at least another 3 months (my probabtion period) which means it will be some time before I can move upto a zed which sucks big time & was a serious kick in the pants yesterday :cry:

Anyway doesnt mean I wont get one...just have to wait a tad longer...which might not be so bad because I could at least save some more towards it in the first place ;)

Sorry just thought I'd share

Neil

3 months will fly by, and now isn't going to be the best time of year to be learning how to drive a 300bhp RWD car!! My mate wrote off his S2000 this morning as a case in point.

Take some time to find one you want, and come the spring you'll have a nice new toy! ;):thumbs:

By god are they quick...that extra 100bhp over my Cupra is SO noticable & the drive...absoulutley amazing...I MUST have one :D:D

That was the good bit the bad bit was getting home to try to sort the finance...cant get anything from anyone :(

The reason being that as I'm in a new job they wont entertain me for at least another 3 months (my probabtion period) which means it will be some time before I can move upto a zed which sucks big time & was a serious kick in the pants yesterday :cry:

Anyway doesnt mean I wont get one...just have to wait a tad longer...which might not be so bad because I could at least save some more towards it in the first place ;)

Neil

Where did you try for your finance?

Neil

Just the usual...my bank, Sainsburys bank, Alliance & leicester etc.

Could have probably got the dealers finance but at about 11% no way I was even entertaining it when the highstreet rates are about half that.

Neil

There was a woman in the news about a month ago who got a loan for a about 500 hundred pounds at about 2million percent. To make matters worse she got another loan of about 200 for a few thousand percent.

Anybody can get a loan. :lol:

There was a woman in the news about a month ago who got a loan for a about 500 hundred pounds at about 2million percent. To make matters worse she got another loan of about 200 for a few thousand percent.

Anybody can get a loan. :lol:

Here it is.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1298006,00.html

You'll have a Z with in a week with these guys. :lol:

cant you get your parents or someone who trusts you to take the loan out for you ?

i think sarnie is considering a "sign your soul away" type loan for you as we speak :teeth:

Erm the big problem is my parents currently have the loan out for me for the Cupra & if I went to them to say can you get me a new loan for another new car they would most likely kill me :lol::lol:

@ Zummentor,

Both the ones I saw were Blade silver.

Ideally though I'd like an Azure Blue one :)

Thanks though guys but your right a bit longer to learn about them & then when the good weather arrives I should be in a position to pick one up :)

Neil

You'll get there and just imagine what the anticipation will be like by the time you get it!

As already said better weather will make it better, you will certainly know the market and what to look for.

Totally agree with Zummertor on this one. You'll appreciate the Zed, just that little bit more. :D;)

There might be away around waiting the 3 months mate...

When i bought my beemer in 2006, i'd just started my job about 6 weeks earlier. However, i took the loan option where you dont start repaying for another 2 months, which took me past the 3 month probationary period...!

The bank said this was fine - it was through hsbc @ 9% or something. It ended up costing me about £3 a month extra for the privelage but big deal, i got the loan that day!

Whether this was cos i only borrowed £6k i dont know, but its worth phoning up and giving them a try.

Neil

Could have probably got the dealers finance but at about 11% no way I was even entertaining it when the highstreet rates are about half that.

Neil

According to my local Nissan dealer the APR of their finance is negotiable! Although i think it helps if you have a better quote from somewhere else.

Andy.

Neil

Neil

According to my local Nissan dealer the APR of their finance is negotiable! Although i think it helps if you have a better quote from somewhere else.

Andy.

It is. They get it at a flat rate and will flog it to you at whatever they can get away with. Which is why they are always desperate to know your finance details as often they will hack their own rate to get your biz. ;)