So I'm booked on a track day

nissanman312

Cadwell is very narrow with next to no run off also take plenty of fuel with you. It's my least favourite track but that's on a bike so might be different.

That's interesting my mate loved it in his evo

We have a massive group going including

S2000

R35

R1 kit car

Subaru

M3 dedicated track car

And there is tuition including in our price so I'll be making full use of that and taking it slowly for starters

The guy with the R1 kit car used to race and 800bhp time attack car also so he's offering a drive in that with his advice along the way

I think I'll be fairly nervous on the day but that's part of the buzz

ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA :)

conversely, i think its my second favourite (after donington) the twisty bit under the trees is less good, but everything from barn to Mansfield is brilliant, a real rollercoaster.

but fair play for doing your first trackday at cadwell park, in february! braver man than me lol. somewhere like snetterton or bedford would be good for the next one, better suited to heavier cars with a lot of power. you need somelight light and nimble round cadwell really.

I might have to consider an insurer that offers a few trackdays come my renewal, i really want to see what my 335i is like round a track (i'm guessing a handful lol)

conversely, i think its my second favourite (after donington) the twisty bit under the trees is less good, but everything from barn to Mansfield is brilliant, a real rollercoaster.

but fair play for doing your first trackday at cadwell park, in february! braver man than me lol. somewhere like snetterton or bedford would be good for the next one, better suited to heavier cars with a lot of power. you need somelight light and nimble round cadwell really.

I might have to consider an insurer that offers a few trackdays come my renewal, i really want to see what my 335i is like round a track (i'm guessing a handful lol)

Donington is one of my favourites too,also oulton and mallory. :lol:

The question of track day insurance is comparable to the lotto/ Russian roulette!

I have done probably a 100 + track days,motorsport events over the past 25 years without insurance/incident which if you factor in around £100'per event is a great saving of well in excess of £10,000 if you are lucky.

This happened to me last year and I have £10,000 bill to put my car right!

0ab9d25f39130620465ab0cd408605be_zpsgbpjpoix.jpg

I broke even by pure luck,but it could have been her maiden voyage!

Will be insuring my car at all events this year.

It's March not that that's much better lol

The question of track day insurance is comparable to the lotto/ Russian roulette!

I have done probably a 100 + track days,motorsport events over the past 25 years without insurance/incident which if you factor in around £100'per event is a great saving of well in excess of £10,000 if you are lucky.

This happened to me last year and I have £10,000 bill to put my car right!

0ab9d25f39130620465ab0cd408605be_zpsgbpjpoix.jpg

I broke even by pure luck,but it could have been her maiden voyage!

Will be insuring my car at all events this year.

I wouldn't even atempt it without but then I'll be doing the odd one so the odd bit of insurance is worth it for me

Gutting for you andy but glad to see you building it back up :)

• Like 1

Your probably more likely to crash on the way to a track imho.

I have never really looked but are you covered if your crashed into on a track day if your insured?

Yes that was my question to pace ward

They said it all centres around the car

Said if I crash or someone crashes into me Im coverd if I hit someone though my insurance doesn't cover them

Donington is one of my favourites too,also oulton and mallory. :lol:

I did Donington for the first time last year and I loved it. Such a fun track. Not overly technical but still enough of a challenge to never get bored and to know that there is still so much more time to be found by improving lines and braking etc.

With regards to insurance, regardless if I had it or not, I take the approach that can I afford to replace the car if I smash it up. If the answer is no, then I have the wrong car to do track days in and I'm not going to relax and enjoy it as much. A bit like gambling, only bet what you can afford to lose :)

With regards to insurance, regardless if I had it if or not, I take the approach that can I afford to replace the car if I smash it up. If the answer is no, then I have the wrong car to do track days in and I'm not going to relax and enjoy it as much. A bit like gambling, only bet what you can afford to lose :)

I really dont understand the, because I am on track I am likely to or possibly going to crash mentality. Perhaps a little different if like Andy you are at a motorsport event and your competing and on the edge, but if the red mist mist comes down as soon as you roll out of pit lane and you dont feel in control, i wouldnt go out in the first place.

Accidents happen on the road and track, sure you may have the odd spin but you would have to be very very unlucky to write a car off on most uk tracks through no fault of your own.

hmmm lets see, im my years of doing trackdays I've seen two cars end up on their roof, plus a handful more that have had an encounter with the barrier. Plus there are numerous videos online of drivers who appear to be perfectly capable drivers dropping a wheel on the grass, losing control and having an expensive accident...

and then theres our first track car, which we crashed into a barrier.

Personally my philosophy is that the money I've spent on a track car I will never see back - it cost £800 and its done 6 trackdays now, so I only value the car at £200 anyways now. If I did track my £9k roadcar i'd definitely be getting insurance!

Agreed and I have insurance, I didnt say accidents dont happen, but there seems a mentality that tracks equal crashing, quoting Linus, "can i afford to replace the car if I smash it up", why would you smash it up just because your on track is the question, not am I going to be involved in a third party accident.

It's not even about the relative risk of being on track or your driving ability attitude, third parties, or relative likelihood of encountering fluid spills. The question is simply, "I'm thinking of gambling my car value of X to win insurance cost of Y at Z number of trackdays, should I?".

If your car value is £1,000 and insurance is £50 and you're doing 10 days a year, probably not. If it's £10,000 and you're doing 3, who the hell stakes £10,000 to win £100??? That's the world's crapest bet, whatever the odds :lol: