Rear tires need replacing

Kharmon

So my car has hit 9000 miles and I think my rear tires will make it to 10000 then they have about has it ps I do spend alot of time sideways haha. They are just the Bridgestones stock from factory on the nismo v2. What sort of mileage is every one else getting ??I was hoping they was going to last me the winter but I carnt see it as I'd like to get a semi slick tire for the summer months .

No-one will have the same mileage out of a set of tyres as you: Some will get 5K, some will claim 20K. However, 10K from the 050As would be about average.

If they're under 3mm, I'd be changing them. Don't wait for a magic 10K to appear, just change tyres if they're worn, as this isn't the weather* to be eking about a few extra miles for the sake of it.

*Well, it might not be if winter ever actually arrives!

Yeah my MPSS are getting low now no idea how many miles they have done.

Is like petrol to me it goes in fun comes out lol

They are so much nicer than the Bridgestone tho they hang on for dear life

Is it worth just getting new rear Bridgestone then changing to mpss in the summer ? Or do they handle the winter months just as good ?

Don't mix tyres: Either match the fronts, or swap all four. Personally I'd replace with 050A on the rear again, then swap once all are worn.

The 050As are excellent tyres, much better than the MPS3 IMHO which really weren't all that. Neither as good as MPSS though :)

Don't mix tyres: Either match the fronts, or swap all four. Personally I'd replace with 050A on the rear again, then swap once all are worn.

The 050As are excellent tyres, much better than the MPS3 IMHO which really weren't all that. Neither as good as MPSS though :)

What's your opinion on cup 2s i was going to try a set Litchfield swear by them

Use them on there gtr rs6 and so on

Sorry I meant swap all four I'd never mix tires haha I loved the mps3 on my old car maybe it was just the fact it was front wheel drive , had a dsg gear box and only 200bhp is why it felt like it handled better than this car haha

What's your opinion on cup 2s i was going to try a set Litchfield swear by them

Use them on there gtr rs6 and so on

Never tried them, but by all accounts they are a billion times better in the wet than the original Cups were along with better feedback and dry handling too. If you can accept the price and the wear rate, then they're the premium performance tyre to buy right now bar none.

Do it, then let me drive your car to review them :D

• Like 2

Needed to replace my stock Bridgestone's early part of this year. Went for a full set of Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Got a full set unfitted for £573.00 from Germany via TYRELEADER . Fitting was £16 a corner. So all in all a good deal. Good looking tyre. Better road grip. No tracking. Road noise- the same as Bridgestone.

I had Potenzas on mine when I bought it , thought they were truly awful, poor in the dry , lousy in the wet . Since fitting the MPSS I have been continually impressed they grip far better in the wet and cold than I expected them to (not that it has gotten properly cold yet) and exceptional in the dry

• Like 2

I'm just going to replace the rears for the same this time around then when the fronts need doing judging from what people are saying I'll go for the mpss

Much as I agree with the man like Ekona on most things, I dont think having quality tyres of different makes on front and rear axles is as much of a problem, if youre used to a bit of sideways then youll be fine :)

Id add that there are two types of Potenza fitted to Z33/Z34, the RE040 which is crap and the RE050A which is very good, second only to MPSS IMO :)

• Like 1

16k on my Nismo Bridgestone S001 rears, new boots on the way this week. I know we like to b*tch about them but they are a hard wearing compound if nothing else...

Is 9000miles hard wearing for this car?haha I used to get 17000miles out of the mpss(fronts) I had on my vw scirocco. Any one running the cup 2 tires heard these are the bollocks for summer driving ?

The Cup 2s are much, much better than the Cup 1s in the wet. A lot of the GT3/RS guys are happily running these year round, including Euro trips.

Hellishly expensive, but the ultimate if you can cope with the cost and the wear.

The Cup 2s are much, much better than the Cup 1s in the wet. A lot of the GT3/RS guys are happily running these year round, including Euro trips.

Hellishly expensive, but the ultimate if you can cope with the cost and the wear.

What sort of wear should you exspect is say my driving is fairly lively as I carnt resist the accelerater would they last to 9000 miles or alot less? my pockets dont go deep enough for anything that's going to be destroyed after a few thousand miles haha

If regular tyres are lasting you 9K, then I'd expect Cup 2s to see about 6k at a guess.

Bearing in mind it's a LOT harder to slide the Cup 2s unless you're doing silly speeds or are Billy Big Balls, so if you currently slip a lot on regular tyres then you may well get closer to your usual mileage.