What engine to fit in my car with a damaged engine???

cearnshaw85

Hi All

So i've asked around about engines types that fit in my car

My car is a 2004 (54) DE 276bhp.

I found an engine 2005 GT4 300 bhp (297) with ECU and loom but after discussing with a forum member they said it wasn't a direct "plug and play" and wasn't easy.

I can't seem to find another engine that doesn't look like a lemon or is way too expensive...

My question is what extra would it take to fit a 2005 DE-R engine to my 2004 DE and what other parts would be required to make it work?

Thanks in advance

Chris

all i want for christmas ... is a working 350z :yawn:

I would suggest you will spend more trying to get a rev up to fit (wiring etc) than the £3500k Clark want (although that does seem pricey). I think your on the money with £1500 mark imho, just have to be patient.

I didn't say clark wanted £3500 thats the ones on ebay.

Clark offered me want for £1500 bare engine 60k but I've just promised on another one for £1500 with 43k

• Like 2

Hi,

A Rev Up motor will fit as long as you have the complete engine loom and ECU. Just have the NATS turned off then a bolt in job.

But we have found that the Rev Up Motor is more prone to using oil than the DE motors. There was a re-call on the Rev Ups for oil usage.

The DE is a strange motor, low mileage doesn't always mean it is going to be a good motor these engines do suffer from oil usage, the issue comes from the oil control rings lose there springiness so don't clean the oil from the bores. We have seen high mileage abused motors that use no oil at all.

Compression and cylinder leakage tests won't show this issue. If the car runs Cats it won't be shown with oil smoke as the cats clean the oil smoke running without cats will show with blue oil smoke.

Personally I would have a motor rebuilt may cost a little extra but you know the motor is fresh and known.

• Like 2