Really need advice - UPDATE

Has

UPDATE - So I met with the dealership owner/manager. He was quite defensive at first and admitted being so later on once seeing the footage.

He seemed disgusted at the footage and pretty much said that 80% of that garages work was from him and makes him question whether or not he will continue business with him. In fact he went on about that point a lot and I found myself bringing the topic back to the car itself a few times.

He took a copy of the footage which I put together and will be escalating things. He was the person right at the top of the business.

So the resolution we took...

- Full car health check carried out by one of his other garages (dash cam stays on at all times). I wanted this mainly to see if any damage was caused to the exhaust.

- Suspension fully rectified.

- Free service on the car.

- Courtasy car for as long as it takes for free.

- If I am not 100% satisfied with the car once I get it back then I get a full refund.

I'm quite happy with that and the dealership itself handled the situation very well.

Let's just hope there wont be a part 2 to this saga!

Quoted for those lazy enough to not want to skip back to the start, like me :D

Sounds perfect to me, not sure they could do any more for you. See folks, this is why just talking to people can often get the best results. :)

Its topics like this that make me feel better about just spending £80 on a dashcam.

Has, seeing how the garage doing the work that you have the footage of, is not the same garage you purchased your car from, now can we see it too? Unless theres anything obvious that links the 2 garages I dont see how we would ever establish who/where it was taken?

Well done mate, its not a nice situation to have to be in, but you did the right thing, stay calm, put your point across and know what you want to get out of the conversation and definitely do not go down the route of 'I will put this on Facebook/YouTube etc' as its confrontational and will often get you nowhere apart from a long drawn out dispute rather than a nice resolution like you have got. Good work fella. Hope its all sorted quickly in the new year and you can get on with owning your car!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FINAL UPDATE!

Well, no update on the state of my 350z from the garage and the the hire car didn't work out too well as it was a bit of a deathtrap. Went to the dealership, handed the courtesy car keys back and asked for my refund.

Had enough, fresh start.

Need a new zed! :)

The dealership I bought the car from wasn't at too much fault here. They did their best which ultimately wasn't good enough and I'd rather walk away with my money than have the headache of trying to sort it all out. So I expect to see them have a Silver 350z up for sale soon.

The garage that Prestige Auto Lounge used for the warranty work on the car which I had the BIG problem with is called M A P Motor Services Ltd located in Coventry. Avoid!