Anyone wanna sell me cheaper sparkys? :)

AMT

So called up Infiniti Glasgow to check the pricing for my P3 and I've decided to do the sparks since its struggled 3 times in the cold so far so might aswell. Pricing for P3 fine but the spark plugs are £18 per plug from them and they kindly as always advise to check elsewhere too, which I will. So who can give me the best price or direct me to somewhere that has them and aren't cheap knock off rubbish lol. 58' plate HR model (whether these are different from DE's I don't know).

Cheers much!

Edited by AMT

*LINKS REMOVED TO STOP CONFUSION*

*ALSO BECAUSE I'M A KNOB AND DIDN'T READ PROPERLY*

All six for £19.50. Don't waste your money on super wonderful magic fairy dust plugs, no need for them.

*EDIT* That's for an HR.

That's for the DE, £13.24.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

http://www.eurocarpa...e28bb925

All six for £19.50. Don't waste your money on super wonderful magic fairy dust plugs, no need for them.

*EDIT* That's for an HR.

http://www.eurocarpa...a0c4c809

That's for the DE, £13.24.

Is that not £19.50 each for the HR ?

Ooh you're right, I was looking at the wrong bit of text on there. Serves me right for not checking and just assuming it'd be as it was when I bought the Clio some the other day.

Both are actually priced per plug! http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Nissan_350Z_3.5_2004/p/car-parts/engine-parts/ignition1/spark-plug/?408771120&1&6d35c91ce6a2296ca13068f679627a9b1788230a&000301 is the correct link for a single DE plug, nowt better on the HR though.

I got the NGK iridium ones for a good price £ 23 odd I think .

Alan

for all 6? tell me more!

EDIT: ignore this too, the price I was looking at was about double this for a single one. assumed it was for all 6...

Edited by Tom-89

So called up Infiniti Glasgow to check the pricing for my P3 and I've decided to do the sparks since its struggled 3 times in the cold so far so might aswell. Pricing for P3 fine but the spark plugs are £18 per plug from them and they kindly as always advise to check elsewhere too, which I will. So who can give me the best price or direct me to somewhere that has them and aren't cheap knock off rubbish lol. 58' plate HR model (whether these are different from DE's I don't know).

Cheers much!

I bought mine from here mate and had them changed this Monday gone

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/denso-spark-plugs-infiniti-ex-35-10-08-super-ignition-fxe22hr11/

All 6 for HR for around £76

Cheapest I could find anywhere by a long way

• Like 1

IMHO standard copper plugs are false economy on the 350Z whether DE or HR.

As well as all the other arguments about which is the better plug regarding performance etc. etc. the Iridium will give you around 5 times as much time/ mileage than the copper.

Copper will require changing every year or 12,000 miles

Iridium should last you circa 5 years or 60,000 miles.

If you have to pay a garage to swop out the plugs, they will charge you North of £100.00 each time.

Do the maths.

I rest my case:

• Like 3

There will be no changing myself lol :lol: I just need somewhere to get them from that's cheaper that's all.

Infiniti are not charging me north of £100 for the plug replacement :thumbs: Def want the best ones that will last longer, these ones have lasted to 70K and tbh prob have plenty life left but they've struggled 3 times on some cold morning so while I have spare cash I don't mind doing them. For the sake of even £20 odd saving or something I'd just get Infiniti to supply them. Just wanted to see if others had found cheaper iridium ones.

And yes the threads a bit all over the place lol

Edited by AMT

IMHO standard copper plugs are false economy on the 350Z whether DE or HR.

As well as all the other arguments about which is the better plug regarding performance etc. etc. the Iridium will give you around 5 times as much time/ mileage than the copper.

Copper will require changing every year or 12,000 miles

Iridium should last you circa 5 years or 60,000 miles.

If you have to pay a garage to swop out the plugs, they will charge you North of £100.00 each time.

Do the maths.

I rest my case:

Performance aside, and I challenge anyone to actually scientifically prove, not just makers super claims, that one plug is better than another.

Completely disagree! I have used nothing but copper in all my cars, if your not paying someone else to do it, the cost is around £10-15 for a set of six,

anyone who actually self maintains and mods their car will most likely check the plug condition periodically anyway, so changing them is no problem, personally I would rather know the condition of my plugs (also a good indication of engine combustion condition anyway) rather than fit them and forget for a couple of years or more.

Horses for courses! ;) if your a mechanical numpty and rely on a garage for servicing then yes let them fit the long life version IE Iridium or Platinum and pay and be happy, if your the opposite then its a no brainier ;)

Checking periodically ... theres a bloody big brace across it, I wouldn't be removing it to ..have a bit of a check :lol: I wanna stick these ones in and not look at them again until 140+K miles lol

The strut brace is a 5 minute job, but as I said horses for courses, you where asking for cheap plugs, hence my answer. :)

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

...No lol They'd 'probably' be ok up to 100K..just depends if yours lasts mind you. They've last me the full 70K, I wasn't even gonna replace them until they properly were struggling to start (and that was only 3 times on cold days the other week or so, starts just fine), just no need. Plus I have spare money for it the now so I'm happy to have them put in. If they ones can last the full way I'm sure same replacements should...should :lol:.

My cars 7 years old and they work fine besides those random 3 times

Edited by AMT