Black mercedes SLK Coupe L*63, unmarked police car

Kraziekatz1

I've just done a double take and read this threads title.... despite already having posted in it! I must have read Merc and just went 'default' in my mind. An SLK!? Were thy planning on getting a winters breeze during a persuit? :lol: Off all the things...a small convertible tin top. Or was it meant to be CLK?

Edited by AMT

• 3 weeks later...

The only unmarked cars they use around my area are silver focus's and fiestas, I imagine there funding isn't as good as some other Parts of the country lol

Yarmouth have two unmarked Jaguars XF's just FYI, there's also a Unmarked White VRS thetford/Bury way and that Lotus is out all the time.. it patrols the new stretch of the Thetford road, luickly enough i went past it on the opposite side :dry:

the last time I got caught speeding it was 10:30pm on a dry dual carriage way at the end of the M 53 that had recently been reduced from a 50 to a 40 and the only sighnage that would have warned me was solar powered and obviously wasn't lit up as it was dark.

Admittedly I was doing 56 so I was breaking the old limit but that's not my point.

My point is at no point on that bit of road was I a risk to anyone other than myself and there was no need for a traffic officer to be hidden behind a Toyota dealers show hi-lux. Surely at 10:30pm on a Saturday there are other matters the office could be dealing with (drunks or people speeding around residential areas)

I'm sure people (including the desk sergeant) will agree that this was a bit harsh.

So.....I was asking if anyone knows of any decent radar systems that would have possibly prevented this situation?

the last time I got caught speeding it was 10:30pm on a dry dual carriage way at the end of the M 53 that had recently been reduced from a 50 to a 40 and the only sighnage that would have warned me was solar powered and obviously wasn't lit up as it was dark.

Either that's BS, or I really hope you fought it as if they did you for that then that's a massive miscarriage of justice.

Because of the lack of sighnage?

At the time I didn't argue because I wasn't 100% sure they were the only sighns and he was giving me a right bollocking.

He even asked me where I was the previous Wednesday, trying to accuse me of causing a crash nearby in a similar car.

I'm gonna change this one... "if you drive a car with 300 odds horses... certainly at some point in the past and in the future you'll drive like a tit.. just don't be too much of a tit that endangers others or yourself" :lol:. Even if you behave 'we' will always be tits, as soon as that person your overtaking sees you... "what a tit"... :lol:;).

Getting back to it, how weird it would be to see Z all stickered up with blues and twos!

Traffic cops came into our work the other day (open road thingy) and I found myself thinking... what a handsome 'beast' the 5 series is. Amazing how 'cool' a car can be when you turn it into a police car (the inner kid in you).... except focus, astra diesels obviously

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

Because of the lack of sighnage?

At the time I didn't argue because I wasn't 100% sure they were the only sighns and he was giving me a right bollocking.

He even asked me where I was the previous Wednesday, trying to accuse me of causing a crash nearby in a similar car.

Exactly because of the signage! Bit late now, but if that ever happens again then go back and take photos of it, if the limit isn't posted then how are you supposed to know exactly what it is?

• Like 1