Aliveboys new project(s)!

AliveBoy

Progress has been slow the last week or so, Thanksgiving etc slowed down my parts arriving from the states, so I can't do much without them and I've struggled to find someone to modify my gearbox for me, I've found someone now, but they are fully booked up until early January. So far only my lowering springs have arrived, I'm still waiting on the next 18 parts :lol: All I've really got done is that I've taken the engine back out and given the chassis rails a sanding. I've got new arch tubs on the way, so they and the firewall will be painted together in the new year before the engine goes back in permanently.

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

• Like 1

DSC_0342_1.jpg

Not much to report, just some primer going down :lol:

all of my parts have arrived in Watford which is cool, so I'll be collecting them in the next few weeks. Next week I'll be putting the corvette brakes onto the truck and then fitting the new suspension springs/struts on the front as soon after as I can :)

Progress will be slow now for a bit as Christmas is happening :(

• 3 weeks later...

The 'gear lever' caught my attention - wonder if it is still fit for its original purpose :scare:

It says it's not in the description :lol: I like it, was tempted by using a modified one of these for mine:

61vS1zX0g1L._SX522_.jpg

I'm thinking probably not though :lol:

• 1 month later...

LOOK!!!

DSC_0466.jpg

I may have cut the hole a smidge too big though :lol:

I finally got the gearbox back on Friday, really good service apart from the time delay and came in under the quoted price. This build has officially recommenced!

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome work Matt B) Although that engine looks tiny :lol:

I know right! Bearing in mind it's a 6.2 :lol: It's going to have a really thick ron davis rad which will fill the engine bay a bit more, but it's definitlely going to have space for air :lol: Maybe a big block will be a future upgrade :lol:

Awesome work Matt B) Although that engine looks tiny :lol:

I know right! Bearing in mind it's a 6.2 :lol: It's going to have a really thick ron davis rad which will fill the engine bay a bit more, but it's definitlely going to have space for air :lol:Maybe a big block will be a future upgrade :lol:

Nah just fill the space with a couple of turbos. :DB)

• Like 1

More progress! I decided to test fit the panels before I get the wiring done so that I can try and hide as much of it as possible to keep the bay clean and tidy.

Front "fender" on:

DSC_0473.jpg

The new (to me!) grille/front end with the wing.

DSC_0474.jpg

The C10 grille matches with the reproduction wings, reproduction radiator core support, reproduction metal arch liner and the original c15 bonnet catch. These parts are pretty good copies I must say!

DSC_0475.jpg

Please ignore the mess of wires in the bay, they will be replaced and tidied :)

• Like 2