Bounced email

ioneabee

anyone know what this means - apart from the obvious - the stars are where I've removed some characters for privacy

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

wm******@aol.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

host mailin-03.mx.aol.com [152.****100]: 52******1 :

AOL will not accept delivery of this message.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

------ The body of the message is 281880 characters long; only the first

------ 16384 or so are included here.

Quick google suggests you're not the first to have mail rejected by aol. Could be some new mail rule they've implemented or perhaps you've been added to a naughty boys list at their end :lol:

You could ask the reciever if they have an alternate email and try that, or if you've got another email address, try sending it to yourself and seeing if it gets bounced - then you'll at least know if it's aol or not.

If it's not too secret and you don't have another email address to try it on, I can let you have mine for testing purposes.

Typically if it was the address it would say so. The rely you get suggests any mail is being rejected to that address.

That said depending on the client the person is using they could've fat fingered their reply address it the message doesn't suggest that.

Sounds like an issue at AOL side, maybe maintenance is going on or a rule has been applied incorrectly to their edge servers.

If you have another AOL contact you could send a test with a delivery receipt to is try that.

I've been on AOL for many years and one of the things is that you can add words to the reject list. If you put one of those words in the message then it'll get rejected by AOL and won't be delivered. Not foolproof by any means, some E-Mails still get through, worth sending a blank message and if that fails the E-Mail address has been removed or its a technical problem over at AOL.

Pete

I've had similar recently my domain is on a spam list or similar but I only get the message from one person's email, I'm not sure who hosts it. I've got to try and get it resolved but I dont like the guy much who I'm trying to email so not too much of an issue :)