Address for credit check/mortgage

Vlad

Evening all,

There are quite few clever people on here, so I thought I'll ask here ;)

I'm planning to start looking/applying for a mortgage in January/February time.

Was gonna get a credit check done myself using Experian.

Question is - do I put all my address in or just the main?

Let me explain...I moved out of my parents house about 6 years ago and been renting properties since and moved around 6 or 7 times and I can't remember addresses or time periods for all of them.

I kept all my main things registered at my mums (banking, driving license, phone bills, work related stuff etc)...

Should I just "declare" 1 address when applying or can they find out that I lived somewhere else by checking my name against other bills (water, electricity, council tax etc)?

Hope above makes sense :)

You're really going to need dates for every place you've lived, and you're definitely going to want to get your bank and DVLA records (the latter of which is an absolute must-do by law) in your CURRENT address.

Trust me, do this now so you don't get caught out later when they ask you for proof of address for stuff. Having it at your Mum's place is no good at all.

They will want to know EVERY address you've lived at, and when. Go find the info now, make like a lot easier for yourself.

You're really going to need dates for every place you've lived, and you're definitely going to want to get your bank and DVLA records (the latter of which is an absolute must-do by law) in your CURRENT address.

Trust me, do this now so you don't get caught out later when they ask you for proof of address for stuff. Having it at your Mum's place is no good at all.

They will want to know EVERY address you've lived at, and when. Go find the info now, make like a lot easier for yourself.

This.

Also get yourself registered on the electoral register at your current address. it's worth quite a bit on the credit checking front. Takes up to 6 weeks to appear on a credit check from point of registration, so do it now in time for Jan/Feb.

• Like 1

I don't have British passport, so don't think I'm allowed to do it.

P.s. I am legally here before anybody asks :lol:

I have indefinite "live to remain" visa. Just need to apply for a passport now (should've done years ago) as its now over £1k for me to get one

Hi Vlad, an "indefinite leave to remain" visa won't entitle you to a passport. You will first have to apply for citizenship and then apply for a passport. Being eligible to vote and therefore on the electoral register is something of a grey area too. PM me if you need more info. Russian spoken.

You should declare all of them otherwise it's fraud.

That said credit reference will provide 'linked' addresses to anywhere you've had credit, applied for credit, been registered on voters roll etc

If you don't declare it they technically might decline it due to non disclosure and you can loaded on CIFAS for submitting fraudulent applications.

That's all a view 'by the book'.

(I used to underwrite for a mortgage company)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't have issue with declaring all address and I'm sure I can sit down and configure out what periods of time I was at each property...

The issue I can think of - I don't have any proof of address for my past properties, only for the current one as I never saved any old bills etc.

All my loans/credit cards/debit cards/finances are registered to my parents address.

You really shouldn't have done that, y'know. I mean, I can see why you would, but that's going to be a major PITA I think.

Indeed it is unfortunalely, stepdaughter no 2 had the same issues a year or so ago, everything now registered to her own address now (rented) and all sorted now.