Potential 370z Nismo MK2 owner.

Scooby67

Hi everyone!

I'm currently the owner of a 2006 Impreza STI which i've had for just over three years but i now fancy going for a Nismo. Originally i was going to go for the GT edition but i just love the look of the new Nismo and now no other model will do! I went to my local Nissan dealer recently and test drove a standard 370z which was nice to drive but i felt the steering to be a little lacking in feel but everythig else i liked, it felt a little strange driving something without a turbo but i did enjoy the smooth power delivery of the zed. My question is that do you think the Nismo is worth the extra cash over a standard 370z as i'm looking at buying a new one rather than second hand. Also i would like to hear some feedback from owners with how well the zed treats you pros/cons. My Subaru is 316bhp/332ftlb how would a Nismo stack up in terms of straight line performance? as it was hard to tell them apart on the test with such different power deliveries.

Thanks

George

Hi and welcome. I am sure some Nismo owners will be along soon to tell you how much better they are and I have to concede that I`ve never driven one. But for me giving the Nismo just an extra 16bhp was pathetic and certainly not enough to notice any difference in performance and firmer suspension is just what I wouldn't want on our crappy pot holed roads. It is a nice looker though (Mk2 not MK1) and if cost is not an issue perhaps worth the extra for that alone.

Edited by Wayne370Z

I had a similar dilemma to yourself, decided to get a standard car (bought a 370z GT Edition) with the aim to buy the 2015 Nismo Kit.

It can be done but it will cost you in the region of £1500 (genuine parts) then add £1300 to that if you want the genuine LED DRL's) + paint for the body kit - extra if you want the wheels and mirror covers.

Front is a direct fit but a few extras are needed such as wheel arch extenders, DRL's, plate holder (I taped mine to the bumper), tow eye cover, red inserts for front bumper, NISMO badges (not cheap), I think there are mounts for the pedestrian impact sensors too.

Side skirts go straight on and require no extra parts.

Not sure if anyone had done a rear yet, so I don't know the parts required on top of the bumper itself.

One bit of advice Pearl White is a nightmare the colour match if that's the colour you wanted. Looks stunning in the sun though.

After the pathetic price the Nissan dealer offered me for my 370z against the Nismo Mk2, and the no noticeable difference in power on the test drive,I opted to spend the money on modifications and have a much faster modified car and save money in the bargain.

Zeditis took over and I ended up spending more than if I'd bought a new Nismo.....OOPS!!

Would I change my mind if I could start again....Erm no thanks, love mine as I've made it my own ;)

Hi Scooby

Go for it.

The handling alone is considerably better than the standard 370 (I should know because I have actually owned two standard 370s).

Looks wise, again from actual real life experience, the Mk1 Nismo garners massively more positive attention than either of my standard 370s ever did and the Mk2 will do the same for you.

My up-revved Nismo feels distinctly quicker than my up-revved standard car did but either way there's always the option of turbo or supercharger if you're desperate for a big hike in power.

Edited by sipar69

Thanks for the advice everyone it's appreciated! I think i will go to my dealer again this weekend to have another good look at the car before making my decision. I was tempted to try an E90 M3 before making my mind up but the M3 doesn't do anything for me in the looks department and a GT-R is a bit expensive on the running so i think it will be the zed. I think i would rather go for a Nismo as i feel if i bought a standard 370 i would always be wishing i bought the Nismo.

Hi Scooby,

Welcome to the forum. I've had my 370z GT ultimate now since march and love it. Having had a 350z before it was the right choice for me. Mine has orange interior which i like as it seperates it from the standard zeds.

Power wise its a very smooth power being a big grunty engine compared to the scooby, but it just has buckets of torque no matter what gear your in.

With regards to the nismo, the mk2 i feel is sexy but the mk1, which i didnt used to like, i've grown to adore it. Just think its more in your face, but at the end of the day its personal to you.

Def on the exhaust though, you will want to change it. Ive just fitted a 2015 nismo exhaust to mine and it suits me perfectly,tips dwarf the oem exhaust and most aftermarket looks awesome. The nismo should have more noise though than standard.

Would i buy a brand new nismo over a used zed and mod to supercharger or turbo?? Probably not but its all a pipe dream for me anyway. You could have a stealth gtr killer for same money. But ultimately your choice. Try see a few before making your mind up.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Well guys i picked up my new Nismo yesterday and she looks gorgeous! I will get some pics up when the weather is better, already cleaned her twice :lol:. The day time running lights don't seem to be working so she has to go back in to nissan on wednesday which is a bit annoying! Just have to get the engine run in now before i get to enjoy her!

• Like 2