How much is reasonable for a good colour vinyl wrap?

Woody2shoes

Hi, I'm brand new to this, I've had my 350z for a year after having to change my other sports car for an automatic, so the 350z was the obvious option,

I love the car, albeit the colour of Silver, my last sports car was vibrant in colour, and I miss that bit terribly, so I've decided to treat myself to a vibrant colour vinyl wrap, and with 3 other family members have silver cars, I want to be different again.

I've got a few quotes (a couple word of mouth and a couple i phoned up for) from £1,000 to £2,000, I know usually it's a case of buy cheap get cheap but I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend anyone 50 miles radius of Andover Hants, and if anyone has had a recent wrap at roughly what cost? I didn't want to automatically assume that the £2,000 job would necessarily the best job, nor that the £1,000 job would be rubbish,

I just wondered if anyone had first hand experience with their own wraps and how much is a reasonable cost?

Also any good tips on getting the yellowish tint off the front headlights, they were recently polished by the garage for MOT purposes, but are yellowing again, any tips please, my car is a 03 fairlady auto,

I look forward to getting any advice.

£1500+ for a good wrap going from what i have seen on here and in the flesh. Dont expect miracles though from what i hear, it will lift in places etc If its a normal colour (not matt/satin etc) and you dont want to return to std at any point i would pay the extra and get it resprayed imho.

Once you have polished the headlights you will need to put a protective coating on, check the detailing thread for examples.

Edited by Jetpilot

My pal runs a wrapping company here in the midlands he's called rsv.graphics I'll give him a shout and see what hed ask to do it

I've seen his cars he dose a good job

Thank you very much, but I'm really wanting to just stay 40/50 miles of Andover, so I can get a friend to drive with me to drop car off and be back in a couple of hours, but just an idea of a reasonable cost would be very helpful cheers.

£1500+ for a good wrap going from what i have seen on here and in the flesh. Dont expect miracles though from what i hear, it will lift in places etc If its a normal colour (not matt/satin etc) and you dont want to return to std at any point i would pay the extra and get it resprayed imho.

Once you have polished the headlights you will need to put a protective coating on, check the detailing thread for examples.

Thanks, I just wanted conformation of what was deemed a reasonable cost,

The company most local to me quoted £1,800 then a mate said "their mate" 40 miles away had it done for £1,000, so I was left with the dilemma of paying £800 over the odds for the same job, I think I'm going to go for the £1,800 job, now I've heard that £1,500+ is sort of the norm,

The car is a weekend/twice monthly used car, I don't think I'd consider a wrap to stay good looking for everyday use on the stoney roads near me,

The advice on the lights to put a seal on, is what is needed, thanks, I think the garage did a quick polish only as they would fail MOT, I've just had a peek on another topic, where someone has shown theirs after a home polish and they are like new, I will try that (was even going to try tooth whitening paste lol,)

Regards your headlights, were they treated with a uv sealer after being polished? If not I can recommend the 50ml bottle of uv sealer sold by Glass Polish Ltd via Amazon. Sorry I can't seem to put up a direct link via my iPad.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Surface-Sealant-Coating-Repellent-Glass/dp/B00A3S1RGU/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_2_dp :)

• Like 1

Regards your headlights, were they treated with a uv sealer after being polished? If not I can recommend the 50ml bottle of uv sealer sold by Glass Polish Ltd via Amazon. Sorry I can't seem to put up a direct link via my iPad.

http://www.amazon.co...c_mrai_2_dp���� :)

If

Cheers, after Richard's post I did a look on Amazon and found it, £7.99 then found a whole kit for £21.99, I will get that and save the toothpaste for something else....like cleaning teeth :-)

• Like 1

My plan is to get plasti dip. A company near me does standard matt/gloss colours for £275. (Whole car)

£400 for a satin. Not sure on pearlescent pricing.

The only reason I have decided on this option is it will last 12 -18 months. A decent wrap company will give you a 5 year warranty at best.

I can get a new colour yearly / 18 monthly for the same price over 5 years compared to a wrap.

Many people veiw plasti dip as a 'rubbish' option, however, I have plenty of mates that have ran ot for years with no problems.

Something to consider if you like a change.

My plan is to get plasti dip. A company near me does standard matt/gloss colours for £275. (Whole car)

The only reason I have decided on this option is it will last 12 -18 months. A decent wrap company will give you a 5 year warranty at best.

I can get a new colour yearly / 18 monthly for the same price over 5 years compared to a wrap.

Many people veiw plasti dip as a 'rubbish' option, however, I have plenty of mates that have ran ot for years with no problems.

And what's the name of this company? If it's near to me, I might give is a go for £275. I'm considering matt orange, and if I like it, then I'll got for a full respray after.

I went to monster wraps in Southampton and was very pleased with the work done. Think I paid around £1400 but that was also including having my brembos done. I also had %15 or %20 off due to someone cancelling their wrap and wanted to shift the vinyl they had specially got in. Gives you a rough guess :)

• Like 1

And what's the name of this company? If it's near to me, I might give is a go for £275. I'm considering matt orange, and if I like it, then I'll got for a full respray after.

It'll probably peel off for that price as soon as temp goes over 20 degrees.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice on this Flex. I might be OK since its always wet and cold here in 'sunny' Huddersfield B):scare:

I also found a place in Leeds (Google) that do whole car for £350 ish. Might be a bit cheaper for me as I will leave the roof as it is in black.

Thanks for your advice on this Flex. I might be OK since its always wet and cold here in 'sunny' Huddersfield B):scare:

I also found a place in Leeds (Google) that do whole car for £350 ish. Might be a bit cheaper for me as I will leave the roof as it is in black.

Plasti dip is @*!#, every car I've seen with it, looks cheap, tacky and crap! It's okay for small touch ups, lips, oem wheels etc, but not a whole car.
  • Like 3

The company is in Ipswich

http://www.creative-dips.com/

Just a quick disclaimer, i have had no dealing with this specific company and can not comment on their work.

I would suggest setting up a sort of group buy, however, that might be a sore subject at the moment. Lol

Thank you for this, but I'm pretty sure I'm already sold on a full wrap for between £1,500/1,800 I'm going to phone Monster Wraps in Southampton ( thanks to whoever mentioned it)

I clicked on your blog link and read all what you've done to your car, it was very interesting, good on you :-)

When I've chose my colour I will definitely respray the centre bit ( like you did blue) and possibly add a few little switches that light up,

Did I interpret the exhaust bit to just make a louder noise? Mine has "some" sort of Nismo exhaust possibly with some other modification on it, only realised this by looking in the paperwork, sadly the whole paperwork is in Japanese, and know the word "Nismo" lol, and I think it has a Nismo spoiler, and there is a huge "elephants trunk" that sucks in water (as well as air I think lol) sadlyONLY found this out on first drive out after we bought it, note to self, "Don't, under any circumstances take the Z out in torrential rain, no matter how excited you are to drive your new car where a foot of water lies in the road" we glided to a halt 20yrds up the road and luckily, very luckily I've since read, it didn't kill the car, we also worked out that a little flick of a traction switch the "slip slip slip slip" ( which cut the revs) alert every 30 seconds went away,

I lost a bit of interest with the Z last few months as last car was 4 wheel drive 500bhp and was leagues different in so many ways, a very bad feet problem made driving a hard car very painful, and had to change, but am excited now about jazzing it up a bit.

All your comments have been very welcome, I will report back when I've made a few calls :-)

We charge no less than 1600 upwards to wrap a car. I'd think a zed would be in the region of £1800 + vat. Anything less than £1600 don't touch with a barge pole!! Also when getting a quote, tell them you want it wrapped in Avery Supreme. By far the best film for quality and shine. Beats 3M any day. I wouldn't use anything else on my zed. Hope this helps!!