How much is reasonable for a good colour vinyl wrap?

Woody2shoes

Your welcome ;)

The photo of the Red gleam is just what I'm looking for, we went down to Monster Wraps in Southampton, followed the Google maps dot, we got to where Monster Wraps is, right next to the rail station, but the road was a NO right turn! We drove around a one way road, got a bit lost, ended up next to the mayflower theatre, attempted to follow the dot again, and ended up on the big dual carriageway out of Southampton, so I recon Monster Wraps were under the flyover somewhere, plus it was raining nasty :-( will try again possibly give myself more time on a dry day.

3ec7b11f78cba89d532ad8ee89ba3a81.jpg

Yeah they are a pain in the ass to find. The Mayflower theatre is the side you need to be on but then follow signs to train station which is a left turn at the traffic lights. You will then have the train station directly in front of you, then take a right at the T junction and you will drive past the taxi ranks and go under a bridge into small industrial units. They are up there on the right hand side ( watch out for speeds bumps as I found out the hard way)

We charge no less than 1600 upwards to wrap a car. I'd think a zed would be in the region of £1800 + vat. Anything less than £1600 don't touch with a barge pole!! Also when getting a quote, tell them you want it wrapped in Avery Supreme. By far the best film for quality and shine. Beats 3M any day. I wouldn't use anything else on my zed. Hope this helps!!

Cheers, the info for Avery Supreme is very welcoming, I heard 3M mentioned a few times and I was thinking that it had to be the "best" or "market leader" but pleased to hear of a personal recommendation,

Thank you everyone for the advice, I really value it, I've got a good idea what to spend on a very good job, also advice how to polish up my headlights, tips to tart up the inside a bit and an actual name of a good wrap to ask around for,

I thought hard before posting on a site like this, and am glad I did, I've got the result I wanted, thanks again :-)

Seriously, id avoid the 3M route, its good but not that good, youre paying for a brand, Avery is the best by far, especially on a zed where you want a high gloss finish on those sexy curves. We are 3M affiliated wrappers but most will tell you that Avery Supreme is the best of the bunch.

http://graphics.averydennison.eu/en/home/products/vehicle-wrapping-materials/cast/supreme-wrapping-film.html

My main concern which may or may not be factual, is the following. If you have a car wrapped and you keep the remainder of the roll to hand, should a panel get damaged, will the wrap on the roll match the shading of the car once its seen the daylight for a couple of years. :wacko:

My main concern which may or may not be factual, is the following. If you have a car wrapped and you keep the remainder of the roll to hand, should a panel get damaged, will the wrap on the roll match the shading of the car once its seen the daylight for a couple of years. :wacko:

It should do, if you use a good quality film, ive never had a fading issue so far. ;)