The Mental Pull of the 350Z is strong......

Jewell

So strong that I am getting another after 2 years without!

I had a 2003 JDM 350Z and it was such a fun car to drive, selling her after 12 months, this time I want a 2005-08 UK car this time for a bit of extra luxury and to keep.

I had the first Z after an RB320 Scooby, 2006 M3, Clio Sport etc but I have the opportunity to buy a new bike or a "fun" car and for the first time in my life, 2 wheels are losing to 4!!

Also this car was sold to help fund the start of a business etc and to lower outgoings and now, to buy another with the companies money holds huge sentimental value so this car has a major soft spot for me.

I am looking at buying this as I travel to London but live/work in Devon for the majority.

http://www.wansteadc...201510057513584

Anything to look out for on this?

I have used this site for a long time reading, so much info and knowledge on here, cracking effort.

I have plans to change the exhaust and some interior bits but nothing major.

My old Z.

B120B956-016C-4142-8078-6EE54A2AA147-14940-0000092B7E736AFA_zpsdd8bd516.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Jewell

I'm glad you've come to your senses :D and are re-kindling a relationship with a zed :wub:

For that kind of money I'd be looking to buy an 07 HR version.........which I did for a similar amount!

Whatever you get.....enjoy!

HR is the 07+ engine, 313bhp and supposedly has 80% newer parts compared to the earlier engines (DE). Easiest way to ID them is the bulge on the bonnet and under the bonnet they have two air intakes rather than the one.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

HR is the 07+ engine, 313bhp and supposedly has 80% newer parts compared to the earlier engines (DE). Easiest way to ID them is the bulge on the bonnet and under the bonnet they have two air intakes rather than the one.

also HR red lines at 7.5K which means 40mpH [edit: thanks Jp606] in 1st, and don't ask what 3rd redlines at...

little technical correction too, its 313 ps not bhp. this confused me when i was learning about the 350 as i some places i'd see 313 bhp and others i'd see 308 bhp. it's actually 313 ps which = 308 bhp.

Edited by HiddenWomble

An 06 276bhp could well have the higher rate of VED as well. Now I know I bang on about that being peanuts in the grand scheme (and it is), but if you're going to pay the extra then at least get the 296bhp version, or preferably the HR!

also HR red lines at 7.5K which means 40mpg in 1st, and don't ask what 3rd redlines at...

little technical correction too, its 313 ps not bhp. this confused me when i was learning about the 350 as i some places i'd see 313 bhp and others i'd see 308 bhp. it's actually 313 ps which = 308 bhp.

Haha I knew someone was going to say this, what's 5bhp between friends ;)

And it's mph not mpg!

Edited by Jp606

also HR red lines at 7.5K which means 40mpg in 1st, and don't ask what 3rd redlines at...

Haha I knew someone was going to say this, what's 5bhp between friends ;)

And it's mph not mpg!

ahahaha, touche and well spotted :)

it doesn't mean anything really, i just remember it confusing me when i was looking for a zed as different ads would quote different numbers and that sort of discrepancy always worries me when it comes to building up trust in a 3rd party you've never met before

It's actually 308.7bhp, so 309bhp is what's usually used :)

yarp, i've seen both, but 1 here or there is less confusing than the ps getting swapped for bhp. it's all peanuts really, just helps knowing the numbers when hunting for the HR. had one dealer try to tell me their DE was the newer engine, he shut up when I told him the newer engine came with dual intakes.

and is it just me, or is hitting the big 300 somehow more important than it should be? probably the gamer in me or something :)

in terms of the drive i don't think i'd be able to notice the difference on power between HR and DE, but i do love the redline on the HR. so much higher than my old 1.8V6 and a big part of the reason i went HR in the first place. the little 1.8V6 in the MX-3 redlines where the DE does, and despite the vast gulf between the 2 cars I think not getting an upgrade there would have niggled at me. but i'm pedantic like that, spend hours researching the best buy for me before setting on a choice :)

• Like 1

If I was still looking, I'd be going to see this: http://www.autotrade...201510167906471

Agreed on the pull of them. I went 10 years, lots of amazing cars and missed my zed... so found an exact replacement a decade later :lol:

I have seen that model but the age of it puts me off slightly, stupid I know because it could mean nothing.

Not sure. Maybe if I waved cash in his face, I could get it cheaper.

The 07 HR Model sounds better......

I wouldn't buy that one either, mileage is too low for my taste. Less than 2500 miles a year is asking for gremlins.

Good point.

If you see one that you would buy, let me know. 10k max.

Edited by Jewell