Considering a move to the dark side!

Lexx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there and welcome. My computer currently says 8.5 km per litre - I don't know what that is in miles per gallon and I don't want to know either! :lol:

But you're going to anyway -

You can convert that figure by multiplying it by 4.5 (litres to gallons) then dividing by 5/8 (kilometres to miles). That means you are getting 23.9 miles per gallon! :thumbs::p

Hi Lexx,

I ran a 192bhp RX-8 for the last two years as a company car. A change of job saw it get handed back and I was left to choose something else. I picked up an 54-plate Zed in October and since then I've done 3,500 miles at an average consumption (according to the onboard computer) of 25.8mpg. My gut feeling is that its much better than my RX-8 for fuel consumption although I never worked out what it was in the RX-8 as I had a fuel card and didn't care.

Overall, I'm probably a bit like you too, I don't really mind what the consumption is I just want to enjoy the car I drive. With that thought in mind, I much prefer the Zed to the RX-8. Its much much easier to drive fast without having to rev the nuts off the car and I get loads more looks in the Zed than I ever did in the RX-8.

Andrew

Welcome Lexx! I too wanted a Z back in 2003 but ended up with an RX-8 and then in September of this year I bought a new Z. You will love the Z.

Check out my thread in this section "Greetings from across the pond". I posted pixs of my 8 and Z. Nice 8 by the way! :teeth:

Again, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Ive spent basicaly everyday lately on Pistonheads/sales looking at whats coming up.

Half considering an import, but a little dubious about it due to a slightly higher insurance premium etc.

What was the main spec differences between the UK and Japan models?

Im gunna be looking for one thats pretty much as standard, though wouldnt mind getting one that already has some body mods done already. Will probably go for another MIJPerofmance custom exhaust.

Anyways, Im off to find some more turkey.

Hi there and welcome. My computer currently says 8.5 km per litre - I don't know what that is in miles per gallon and I don't want to know either! :lol:

You can convert that figure by multiplying it by 4.5 (litres to gallons) then dividing by 5/8 (kilometres to miles). That means you are getting 23.9 miles per gallon! :thumbs::p

You bugger - does that mean I can't pretend I'm getting 30 anymore? :lol:

You bugger - does that mean I can't pretend I'm getting 30 anymore? :lol:

:lol::lol:

Hope the wife doesn't see this post either! :blush:

So,

Ive spent past 2 days trawling around the North East dealerships trying to get a test drive.

Finally managed to get a shot in a coupe today through at Gateshead.

No more reservations....I want one!

Going back into the dealership next week to order. (my uncle works for nissan so I get a 14% discount off new, so it works out better than 2nd hand)

The chilli red and orange colours are being replaced by Rosso Red and a white.

So now Im torn by colour!

Black? blue? Or white???

Some sensible questions now.

The sat nav....I nkow its over priced and probably useless. But without it you get that plain black cubby hole in the middle of the dash. Are there any ready to fit after market alternatives that'll go into the space?

The 240w BOSE system? is it any good? I have Bose in my Rex, and to be honest Bose stands for Better Off with Something Else!

Think thats about it for now.

Christ, Im so excited, Im like a kid at Christmas again!

Al

The bose system isnt very good, its adequate at best but the speaker are pants !

if you like proper audio you will want to upgrade it

search through the mods section i think a few have fitted tom toms etc into the cubby but i'm not sure if there is an aftermarket unit that fit exactly that space

good info on here

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/350Z-TECH

The chilli red and orange colours are being replaced by Rosso Red and a white.

So now Im torn by colour!

Black? blue? Or white???

If I was buying new, I would be very very tempted with a white one. It looks fantastic in white and there won't be that many of them about so reselling it should be easy. If you can't sell it, you can always send it back to Japan, they love white sports cars over there!

Well, spent most of this avo in the stealers signing my name so many times I cant feel my wrists anymore!

So, on the way is a Pearl White Coupe with GT Pack.

Well, when I say on the way, its already here. Its in the Sunderland Compound. But since all of Nissan is on shutdown till Monday, I have to wait for it to be delivered to the Dealer. And then I go on holiday till the 21st Jan!

i cant stand this waiting lark!

Well, spent most of this avo in the stealers signing my name so many times I cant feel my wrists anymore!

So, on the way is a Pearl White Coupe with GT Pack.

Well, when I say on the way, its already here. Its in the Sunderland Compound. But since all of Nissan is on shutdown till Monday, I have to wait for it to be delivered to the Dealer. And then I go on holiday till the 21st Jan!

i cant stand this waiting lark!

:clap::yahoo: