Finally driven a Tesla Model S :)

gangzoom

It would make you wonder if Supercharging a battery would shorten it's life? But then technology is moving forward at an alarming pace so maybe it's possible. I can't help vision what Clacket Lane services on the M25 might look like when everything is Electric!!

RTX111MG.jpg

I'm sure that won't be the case, and they will have made the V8 engine cost effective, tree hugging and far superior over any other fuel source :teeth:

Your suggesting that people are buying Teslas instead of Ferraris, or the salesman was, as mentioned, do you really believe people who are looking to buy a 458 (or whatever hypercar) think, do you know what, i think i will get a Tesla instead, i know your a Tesla fanboi but not even you believe that spiel ;)

If in real terms the Tesla costs you £35K and the Ferrari £250K due to tax then its certainly viable. Tax efficiency affects everybody, but its only the higher earners that take advantage of it generally.

• Like 1

It would make you wonder if Supercharging a battery would shorten it's life? But then technology is moving forward at an alarming pace so maybe it's possible. I can't help vision what Clacket Lane services on the M25 might look like when everything is Electric!!

Where do you go to fuel your Z? I have a guess your nearest petrol station?

If you have an EV and off-road/allocated parking, where would you go and recharge your car.....The nearest charge point, which would be your drive/garage.

This is what I do these days, I charge up when out and about shopping etc, but if needed to plug the car in at home overnight maybe once a week. There's no need to visit Rapid chargers or Superchargers unless you doing a massive long trip and need to charge in the between. When I get a Model S, I doubt I'll ever have to see a Tesla super charger, it maybe free, but its much easier to just charge the car up at night - whist I'm asleep. Given the driving I do I wouldn't have to charge the car more than three times a month at the most.

Nope, I haven't put fuel in my zed since........ :tumbleweed: ........ January I think.

Very economical that's for sure!

I see what you're saying, but I just can't help invisage service stations becoming electrical parking lots.

It's relitavely new tech, it's a long way off being the prime fuel choice, and I'm sure the supply of electrical service stations accommodating various modes of transport will be covered.

Your suggesting that people are buying Teslas instead of Ferraris, or the salesman was, as mentioned, do you really believe people who are looking to buy a 458 (or whatever hypercar) think, do you know what, i think i will get a Tesla instead, i know your a Tesla fanboi but not even you believe that spiel ;)

It's not about believing any spiel, its about common sense with money.

People don't get rich by throwing their cash around, celebrities/sports people may, but 'working' people in the City, CEO of large companies understand fully the value of money and how to work the tax system in their favour. They may be able to afford X/Y/Z, but you don't get to the top of the financial ladder without a high degree of self control and financial sense.

A £120K P85D Model S costs £0 in road tax, £0 in congestion charge, next to nothing to service, 5% BIK, next to nothing to fuel, but will still deliver a 0-60 time to harass super-cars. You need to remember a £120K+ car actually costs £270K+ pre tax/NI income/profit. Unless your playing in the Premiership your be crazy not to have an accountant to work out how better to 'afford' a £120K car, because paying that amount out as your post-tax income is crazy.

Edited by gangzoom

How on earth do you figure the £270K cost of a £120K car out?!

Higher rate tax payers pay 50% tax. So to pay to for a £120K item post tax, you have to earn £240K pre-tax. You than need to add in NI (10%). Than I'm sure theres all sorts of other things to do with pension for employees etc. The more you earn the more ridicules your tax bill becomes, once our house hold income gets to over a set figure I'm getting my self an accountant to improve our tax 'efficiency' :).

Edited by gangzoom

Blah blah blah blah

We are not in your world now, tax wont even come into it, it may make total sense, but, if you want a supercar you buy a supercar, not an ev.

I would bet my left nut there isnt one person on this planet who thought, i really want that "ferrari, lambo, aston, porsche or any other exotica" but f*ck it, i want to offset my tax so will buy a Tesla :teeth: If you can afford one of the above, you wont care a toss, your not buying it because it makes sense, in fact, quite the opposite.

I am chuffed to bits you enjoyed your test drive and it was all you expected :D

Blah blah blah blah

We are not in your world now, tax wont even come into it, it may make total sense, but, if you want a supercar you buy a supercar, not an ev.

I would bet my left nut there isnt one person on this planet who thought, i really want that "ferrari, lambo, aston, porsche or any other exotica" but f*ck it, i want to offset my tax so will buy a Tesla :teeth: If you can afford one of the above, you wont care a toss, your not buying it because it makes sense, in fact, quite the opposite.

Is that why all the stars were driving Prius's when they first came out?

Plenty of people that could afford a £120k car will probably buy a Tesla just because they can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blah blah blah blah

Plenty of people that could afford a £120k car will probably buy a Tesla just because they can...

Stars were driving Prius for the "look at me saving the planet image" and it was trendy.

Its like the Richard Branson tweet about saving the artic, to which was replied, you own an airline company you mad c*nt, hypocrisy at its very best.

I didnt say people wouldnt buy a Tesla, what i said was, they will not choose a Tesla, for tax purposes or any other reason over a "insert exotica of choice here" ;)

Blah blah blah blah

Stars were driving Prius for the "look at me saving the planet image" and it was trendy.

Its like the Richard Branson tweet about saving the artic, to which was replied, you own an airline company you mad c*nt, hypocrisy at its very best.

I didnt say people wouldnt buy a Tesla, what i said was, they will not choose a Tesla, for tax purposes or any other reason over a "insert exotica of choice here" ;)

Exactly, the 'look at me' factor, but how many people that buy exotica are actually petrol heads? Isn't every car over say £100k a 'look at me' car?

I cannot afford a £120K car anyways....

But it looks like plenty of people can, a whole load of P85+ models have just appeared on Tesla's pre-owned website.

I presume these are from people upgrading to the P85D......400bhp, over 260 miles of range, 0-60 in 4 seconds, about £90-100K 12 months ago.

Hopefully they will drop down to £50K in another 12 months :thumbs:

http://www.teslamoto...models/preowned

Edited by gangzoom

Having read through this, as you have said, you're not an accountant, so please stop spouting nonsense on something you admit you don't know much about.

Yes evs are currently completely offset against taxable profits, but you'd be a fool putting a lambo in as a company car. You'd extract the money to pay for it in other ways.

And no ni is not 10%. At the levels you were stating it is 2%.

Regarding the congested service stations, why would they not just install a charger in front of the standard parking spaces? Or even use wireless charging, which I reckon is the route they'd go down. Just have charging pads under the spaces.

• Like 2

Having read through this, as you have said, you're not an accountant, so please stop spouting nonsense on something you admit you don't know much about.

Yes evs are currently completely offset against taxable profits, but you'd be a fool putting a lambo in as a company car. You'd extract the money to pay for it in other ways.

And no ni is not 10%. At the levels you were stating it is 2%.

Regarding the congested service stations, why would they not just install a charger in front of the standard parking spaces? Or even use wireless charging, which I reckon is the route they'd go down. Just have charging pads under the spaces.

Thanks for the info as I've said I know nothing about accounts and don't have a big enough income to warrant having an accountant :)

When the time comes I may come to you for help to make the numbers work better!!

There's nothing wrong with wireless charging, its simply very inefficient, and plugging a cable into your car is about as hard as plugging a cable into your phone/laptop, so interms of energy used/development cost it seems a bit pointless. At lower charge rates a bit of inefficiency doesn't matter, but at SC/Rapid charger rates been proposed 150-200KW, thats a lot of energy to waste for 30 seconds of convince...But thats not going to stop the government from wasting a few hundred millions on the exploring how to make a wireless motorway charging lane :lol:

Edited by gangzoom