June 2016 Scotland Trip

Wendy

Errmm !!! Thanks Dave and glrnet !! ;)

Perhaps I should not try to set dates late at night !!!!

Its the Lakes Weekend on 25th/26th June (this I def saw on here !)- not Wales - sorry !

Think it might show I serioulsy enjoyed the Wales trip last year and can't wait for the next one. !!

I am planning the trip deliberately to cover two weekends to maximise on time.

North Oxfordshire/Midlands is a dammed long way up to Scotland !!!

Besides I would like to hope the roads would be quieter mid week.

Thanks The G Man for the offers of assistance.

Nic/ anyone else- re asking friends.

At the moment, I would prefer to keep this to the Forum, although once I have more details confirmed and numbers set from here, I will if numbers are low open it up to others. However, I would be asking one or two of my car but non Zed friends too then. Of course tell your friends so they know the dates and are prepared.

Brillomaster - yes the Beemer is allowed.How can we not let you with our regular meets !! We might have to make a cardboard box Zed to wrap around it though. :lol:

I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about the Club Insurance what it covers etc - if someone in the know would pm me please rather than clogging this thread up. Thanks.

Tha's all for now

Wendy

Its the Lakes Weekend on 25th/26th June (this I def saw on here !)- not Wales - sorry !

Think it might show I serioulsy enjoyed the Wales trip last year and can't wait for the next one. !!

At the moment, I would prefer to keep this to the Forum, although once I have more details confirmed and numbers set from here, I will if numbers are low open it up to others. However, I would be asking one or two of my car but non Zed friends too then. Of course tell your friends so they know the dates and are prepared.

Brillomaster - yes the Beemer is allowed.How can we not let you with our regular meets !! We might have to make a cardboard box Zed to wrap around it though. :lol:

I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about the Club Insurance what it covers etc - if someone in the know would pm me please rather than clogging this thread up. Thanks.

Tha's all for now

Wendy

**Team Note**

Please be aware if this trip goes ahead with non zeds or non forum members then it will be considered to be a non forum event and as such cannot be backed or supported by the forum. :)

**Team Note**

Please be aware if this trip goes ahead with non zeds or non forum members then it will be considered to be a non forum event and as such cannot be backed or supported by the forum. :)

Just to clarify, 'cannot be backed or supported by the forum', does that extend to running a thread with the meet details?

I understand that the 'club' has a form of insurance, don't quite know what that means in terms of someone running a meet that's attended by non members ( bearing in mind, if I take my wife on a club organised meet, she is a non member) as well as members. If the 'insurance' is null and void, when a non member attends, does this constitute things like hotel block bookings, obviously using the club name, but is of no concern if members/non members make their own private arrangements?

Or does, as I've intimated, using this platform to organise the meets details/information, make it something that would be, in the case of this thread, deleted or similar.

I'm sure it would help if Wendy had the issue explained in full, as it would me and others. Not trying to be problematic, just slightly disturbed that this may be the case. The insurance, is not an issue surely if it's at an individual's own risk (with their own travel/car/personal effects/home insurance)?

Or is it way simpler than this :shrug:

Edited by The G Man

Also "non zeds" ?

Does this mean if members who have been on here for several years, visited this site daily, taken part in the vast majority of the events in their area, but no longer have a zed, aren't welcome?

Non members I can understand but non zeds?

• Like 1

Another 'also' why is that comment never advised when something like the 'Tartan Tarmac' or similar is posted? Just trying to clarify the clubs stance on this. There are many members that are now non Z owners, indeed, members of 'The Team', that this affects.

Would this constitute a constitutional fundamental breach of some rule?

Genuinely, I think the statement requires clearing up :)

Clearly info can be posted that is not considered to be a z forum item as in the current Scottish trip being undertaken that has more non z's than z's. The forum has many non z related threads!

But it makes sense that the forum's liability insurance would be limited to z's only, this would, I assume, explain why non z's are not welcome on the Wales trip and why non z's cannot park in the reserved car park at the ace cafe events etc.

The bad news is that on that basis, anyone organising a group drive that includes non z's would not be covered by said liability insurance, however, just what you would need such liability insurance for I am unsure as each car should have its own insurance. To my mind the liability insurance would only come into effect at shows etc where members of the public could be harmed by club members actions or failings.

It would be good for everyone attending or organising an event to be properly made aware of exactly what this insurance does and doesn't cover and what makes an official forum event.

Hi Wendy,

Like G-Man I also have extensive knowledge of the North West coast (George - we need to catch up for a pint and a chat mate, I've been going to Durness since I was 6 months old - I don't remember that specific trip but my parents assure me I was there haha)

One thing I would like to put out there for consideration - If you are lucky enough to be in Durness (Faraid Head) for the Summer Solstice (on Monday 20th June 2016) it can be a spectacular night, if the weather holds and the sky stays clear, it doesn't actually get dark! There are organised hikes, camps and lterally hundreds of folks who venture north just for this one night.

Also, the hike to Sandwood Bay is a must. BUT!!! I wouldn't go up that road in a Zed. You can drive so far, but then it's a good 2-3 mile walk. If I've got the Mazda6 with me I'll happily take some ramblers and we can go exploring!

Just incase I haven't found the perfect Nismo by then and therefor will be driving said Mazda6, I'll watch this thread and by shear coincidence I'll follow the same route as you all, meet you all in the same places and stay in the same hotels!! I'm sure my own insurance will cover me to do this. :p

If you need any help this side of the border in the meantime Wendy just let me know, I'm an events organiser on another forum (about to retire from that role as I don't have the car or the passion for it any more) and I love getting involved and bringing enthusiasts together - that's what the forum is about - isn't it?

Look forward to seeing this thread evolve.

Well done for organising and including everyone.

Rab

Edited by fatrab
  • Like 1

G man, no it does not mean you cannot run a thread and we are more than happy for you to do that here it simply means that this would not be classed as full forum meet attended exclusively by zed owning members.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

We organise lots of Sunday drives etc on here Where lots of non zeds come along.

It would be great if this could just be an extension of those drives.

So lots of like minded petrol heads with a variety great cars come together

That's would be my ideal :)

Edited by nissanman312

We organise lots of Sunday drives etc on here Where lots of non zeds come along.

Sounds great and exactly what we are doing right now, but it is NOT a forum meet. Our issue with posting routes and plans was as this is a public forum someone could copy and paste info to FaceBook etc and then who knows who would turn up. Some would be welcome and 'behave' but no doubt some idiots would turn up and completely spoil things, you just need to consider that IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tha's all for now

Wendy

**Team Note**

G man, no it does not mean you cannot run a thread and we are more than happy for you to do that here it simply means that this would not be classed as full forum meet attended exclusively by zed owning members.

I don't get the point of your posts here. Am I being dumb?

The OP has asked if any members want to go on a road trip. Where does "non-forum meet" or "full forum meet" come into play? As mentioned elsewhere, I've looked at other meets on this forum and don't recall this been mentioned. I'm on other forums and I've never heard this terminology used either.

It's a road trip. Not a meet. It might be a road trip with meets along the way. Who cares?

IMO you've piped up about something irrelevant that's now going to deter the conversation away from the purpose of the thread.

I know Wendy asked about the insurance but she asked for a PM. Now go back and look at the flow of the thread before and after your "TEAM NOTE". It's as if you're just trying to start an arguement.

Edited by fatrab

Tha's all for now

Wendy

**Team Note**

The OP has asked if any members want to go on a road trip. Where does "non-forum meet" or "full forum meet" come into play? As mentioned elsewhere, I've looked at other meets on this forum and don't recall this been mentioned. I'm on other forums and I've never heard this terminology used either.

It's a road trip. Not a meet. It might be a road trip with meets along the way. Who cares?

IMO you've piped up about something irrelevant that's now going to deter the conversation away from the purpose of the thread.

I know Wendy asked about the insurance but she asked for a PM. Now go back and look at the flow of the thread before and after your "TEAM NOTE". It's as if you're just trying to start an arguement.

What is your deal? Why are you coming on here and beating up on forum admin?

The rules to stick to on this forum for a reason and if they say if wont be classified as a forum meet if other cars are involved then that's the way it is.

You've got some brass balls for only being on the forum a month.

• Like 2

Tha's all for now

Wendy

**Team Note**

What is your deal? Why are you coming on here and beating up on forum admin?

The rules to stick to on this forum for a reason and if they say if wont be classified as a forum meet if other cars are involved then that's the way it is.

You've got some brass balls for only being on the forum a month.

Bloke seems like a ***** to me, comes on moaning about our Hoon then complaining about posts on here....

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by glrnet, September 13, 2015 - off topi
Hidden by glrnet, September 13, 2015 - off topi

I'm not beating up on anyone. I've never seen this sort of behaviour on any other forum that's all.

So because I'm a newbie I shouldn't open my mouth? (keyboard - whatever)

Look at the friendliness of the threads up until the team note. Look at it since then.

That's not me being a *****. That's me pointing out a fact that's clear for everyone to see.

Tha's all for now

Wendy

**Team Note**

I don't know about being dumb maybe obtuse would be a better description. Since you've been here you do seem to have come across as a wee bit argumentative for the slightest "reason". Now I've had to reply to this which has further detracted from the original point of the thread!

Sounds great and exactly what we are doing right now, but it is NOT a forum meet. Our issue with posting routes and plans was as this is a public forum someone could copy and paste info to FaceBook etc and then who knows who would turn up. Some would be welcome and 'behave' but no doubt some idiots would turn up and completely spoil things, you just need to consider that IMO

I agree

I wouldn't make routes public

Just that id like close non zeds freinds to be able to attend

I agree

Yep exactly, without wanting loads of people you don't know and possibly would spoil the drive you have been planning for months and spent lots of your hard earned on...

I agree

Yep exactly, without wanting loads of people you don't know and possibly would spoil the drive you have been planning for months and spent lots of your hard earned on...

Indeed ;)