My Red Z Build - Monkeybrain1234 - 370z wheels now on

Never done a build thread before, but have recently been intrigued by reading others. Thought it would be a good place for me to keep a memoir of my Z.

If you are hoping for serious modding in this thread you may want to move on! :surrender: There is not going to be any crazy engine mods, FI or NOS going one here. :rant:

So already had the Z for 18 months, so the first few posts will be of progress to date. . . . :D

First day I bought the car. . . . .2004, 54K, FSH, Nismo body kit on.

xyVK0ti.jpg

S4IHpnH.jpg

FYzN21I.jpg

hcNu509.jpg

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 2

Moved from an Alfa Romeo 3.0 GTV V6, which I owned and dealry loved for 4 years. Great car, but yes it is true what they say about Alfa's "Always going wrong"! Although being truthful, it never left me stranded on the roadside, but it did take alot of money keeping it on the road and replacing parts which in most normal cars would last double the length of time. Nevertheless it was a great 4 years of ownership. But it got to the point which I am sure most of you have reached everyso often, you just feel like a change. So bought the Z above and sold the Alfa. . . .I do miss the sound of the Italian Busso engine . . . . :blush:

dNDrdC5.jpg

rneecgc.jpg

L01KTBH.jpg

Mod 2, carbon wrapping of my B-Pillar, made it look much better especially as the old plastic was a little scratched/faded/ Carbon wrapped looked great, was my first time wrapping, used Hexis 4D vinyl, was really easy to do. A Must I would say for anyone with a carbon fibre fetish like I have!!!!

Ebay link to the wrap I used. . . . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131030139339?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

8BrsLAs.jpg

fL821q6.jpg

fRkCZGD.jpg

Next came the Rear Divider from Ian - Aka 14N. Great Divider and got a Red "Z" on it, which really looks great.

1oEJ0rU.jpg

Showing off B Pillar Wrap and Divider. B)

Pd1JqLS.jpg

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Although it seems Zeditis is catching on . . . . . :scare: :scare:

• Like 2

So after a few months with the Zed I felt the rear end needed some additional splittering. Looked a many different options on good old Google Images and got a lot of ideas from all the cars at Wales 2014. Decided the splitter I liked best was the ES Esprit Rear Apron, it was the one I liked from the start and despite carbon alternatives I kept coming back to the Espirt. Found that Keyser had the same on his and got some great advice from him. :teeth:

The plain carcass was supplied by EP Racing, great service from them. When it turned up seemed a bit stick on style and rather basic! :wacko: Lets just say it needed some work . . . :angry:

Stgv1ZY.jpg

nudDGVj.jpg

Used my trusty local bodyshop and briefed them on what I wanted to achieve:

1. Has to look part of the bumper,

2. Fully blended in

3. Eyelet for Tow hook must still be functional

4. Parking Sensors still work

5. Paint must be spot on and blended in

6. Solid and not flimsy and bounce around

Although they are a great body shop I was not entirely convinced how good the end result would look!

Body shop used - Martin Pollard http://martinpollardbodyrepairs.co.uk/

However could not be happier with the end result.

Blended in and solid as a rock. For me it finishes the rear end beautifully. Really happy with it. :yahoo:

HrbqNwE.jpg

j0kJf4o.jpg

1MiXmd9.jpg?1

27bUZQU.jpg

• Like 5

Got a P3 done with Mitz at Cougar Stores. Great guy and totally worth the 200 mile round trip.

Would go back anyday.

Hit 64k so did my own spark plugs based on the great guide I found here. Took 3 hours for me to do, but I am a little particular when doing these things hence long time. Fairly easy to do, although make sure you have a few extension bars which are long enough to get down to the plugs. :wacko:

cxDz4hl.jpg

Great choice in diffuser and even better choice on garage. Mitz will look after you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. For me it finishes the rear of the Z off really nicely. Mitz is a top guy, its a good job he is not too close otherwise who know what else I would end up spending money on :blush:

Great thread :teeth:

I still love the Espirt rear on a 350 - especially when blended in like that looks top notch :thumbs:

Your motor is looking great B)

Well the great fit and finish is very much down to your help and guidance Chris, I said to the bodyshop this is what I want and nothing less will do, even printed out all your pictures of in progress for there reference. :teeth: So you can pat yourself on the back for helping out. :thumbs:

We obviously have great taste in our cars, same Apron on the 350Z, and want a set of Linea Corse LC818's like on your 370Z. :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I have never been an engine bay clean up kind of person. :blush: Infact I have never wiped down any engine bay let alone making them look as good as many of the bays you see at meets. :scare:

After posting up my headlight pictures I was laughed at for having a mucky puppy bay! :rant: Lol

So I decided to clean it up, an hour of elbow grease and now it looks much cleaner. . . .

Before - nice and dirty! :p

6Y1pUl2.jpg

Ixzepb6.jpg

Bit of cleaning in the sink . . . .

LHpt0W5.jpg

After - much cleaner :D

BNkaYKY.jpg

zUUm7sG.jpg

Decided to make it clean also for the what is next on route. . . . . . ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought I would update this thread with things I did over the last few months . . .

So after cleaning the engine bay up, it was partly to continue my love for Carbon Fibre. . . .

Sourced a Carbon Slam Panel from Forum Member here, exceptionally light and love how it looks.

vtghDIH.jpg

up0Y1Mu.jpg

vWn7SxC.jpg

4d5Opps.jpg

I wanted to keep the original Bonnet Stay so just adapted the slam panel slightly to accommodate the clamp for the stay. Looks perfect. B)

Before Winter approached I knew I could not survive another cold spell of a skipping OEM CD player. Also a chance to get rid of the old school looking cassette player!

So got a relatively simple but more modern looking system, with they Key features I wanted:

• CD player
  • USB
  • Bluetooth
  • DAB
  • Still work with steering controls
  • Volume Knob (sounds stupid but I can't stand push buttons for volume, I like a dial)

JVC DB60AT fitted the bill well.

Having Never fitted a Stereo before I was apprehensive but thought it could not be that hard! :shrug: Got all the bits, thanks for advice Z Shed. And set about it.

xk3V42m.jpg

Bluetooth Module for the Unit

XkgiNf4.jpg

Now I thought a couple hours would suffice to do this, took me best part of a day! Centre console out job, connectors that I had no idea how to connect, but some patience and forum searching guided me through it. Connected it all up, checked it all worked, brilliant.

Put it all back together, took car out for a spin, great all works. Turned car off turned back on only to find all my pre-sets, stations, colour choices had all gone!!! :oops:

More searching and help from members on here, figured I had the Switched Live and Live the wrong way around!!!! Had to take everything apart again! :bang: Was much quicker now that I had already done it once. With hindsight should have just paid the local audio shop the £80 he wanted to fit it. Would have been totally worth it, having said that I would not have learnt anything and I quite enjoy a challenge anyway. :victory:

So the result is:

AvcTEcQ.jpg

Next up was something I wanted to do since buying the Z 18 months ago. With my wedding & other things I couldn't quite justify doing it straight away.

Nevertheless that was not a bad situation to be in, it allowed me to check out what was available and what I liked, so many alloy wheels to choose from! :doh:

After many months of looking, decided that it was a set of Linea Corse LC818 in silver or a set of 370Z Alloys, both of which I really liked. Was planning on buying 2nd hand rather than spending £2k on Alloys and tyres. I missed a few sets of both, on the forum and ebay, finally my luck came through with a set of hardly used 370z set with almost new Falken 452 tyres, bit of curbing but that can be resolved fairly simply.

So here they are. . . . (P.s. many of you may have seen this already documented as I have posted topics already on this in other sections)

Picked them up, glad I took a friends 4x4, didn't realise how big/heavy alloy wheels are!

UVXbYIe.jpg

Cleaned them up and waxed them before fitting:

JunCVKE.jpg

Torqen Spacers for the Front 20mm, none needed for the rear, and had to get a set of 370z wheel nuts, I expected nuts to be £40 or so, not so, seriously expensive at £150, :scare: Nevertheless I didn't want a wheel coming off so it was a no brainer.

uJgRJyE.jpg

Front done, can compare between old touring wheels and new ones.

v5lBviw.jpg

And the final result . . . . .

hBWv8D9.jpg

sKcnuqg.jpg

Really happy with them :teeth:

I genuinely never thought Zeditis would affect me, although it seems to have :lol:

What could be next I wonder . . .. . . :D

• Like 4

Wheels look great mate but then I would say that :lol:

Because we have impeccable taste :lol:

I genuinely never thought Zeditis would affect me, although it seems to have :lol:

Ha ha, how many times have we heard that on here ������

Really didn't plan to mod anything at all! I blame this great forum!!! :stir:

Wheels look great mate but then I would say that :lol:

Because we have impeccable taste :lol:

Ha ha, how many times have we heard that on here ������

Really didn't plan to mod anything at all! I blame this great forum!!! :stir:

And that my friend is the 2nd most common phrase on this forum!

• Like 1