Jump to content

Ekona

Members
  • Posts

    30,962
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ekona

  1. Oi, I like the FH games! They just don't hold any long term playability for me as the off-road stuff just does annoying things with the physics. Well, that and I can't drift for toffee.
  2. Even NIssan themselves said it was normal, and you can imagine the weight a judge will give that diagnosis if it goes to court... How many of these faults showed up on the test drive, and how long was the test drive itself?
  3. I'd also consider the RC5+ as well, another great compound. Also, if you're going this far, then I'd recommend getting the Endless brake fluid as well. Pricey, but it's the same stuff used in very top level motorsport (Honda used to use it before they were Brawn, and possibly during Brawn as well I suspect) and is pretty much the ultimate stuff out there.
  4. Very, very unusual that you guys don't get charged: I assumed it was standard now. Usually £30 or so, which seems reasonable enough to cover the work done.
  5. There's tons of ways out there to lose noise without losing power: Supertrapps are excellent at this.
  6. Or do it in a great big batch just before you do it, saves the admin fee.
  7. Because they're cheaper, usually. The PF stuff is absolutely top notch, and you do pay the premium but nothing I've ever used has come close. They worked exceptionally well on my Roadster, which has the extra weight over and above the coupe, on every track I pushed hard on.
  8. Yup, have a google and you'll find loads of suppliers. Or if not, speak to them directly +44 (0)1295 221020.
  9. Personally I'd still get the 01 pads over the Ferodo ones.
  10. I'm not sure what I'd do with that much pr0n. Well, except for spending my life with my wrists permanently bandaged up.
  11. He did
  12. Hmmm, not the world's worst combination. You may want to switch the discs for something with more grooves in (more grooves = more braking faces to cut into the pad) which will improve bite, and perhaps a fluid change if it's near 2 years old. I don't mind the YS pads but some have found them lacking on heavy cars, so possibly a good time to change to the PF 01 compound ones.
  13. Trouble is, weather conditions make a massive difference to drive by noise, and that's not something you can ever tie down in writing.
  14. HBTY HBTY HBDA HBTY
  15. And pads?
  16. It could remain open for racing and FOS/Revival, but closed to TDs. That's not impossible.
  17. And what fluid?
  18. Bite can be solved with pads. As for fade, what exact models of EBC pads and discs are you running?
  19. Not excessively, no they're not. They do have that 'bark' though that really kicks the levels up, and of course because all drivers want a comfy cosseted car they have to make the exhaust louder so that the tone cuts through all the sound deadening these days.
  20. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  21. Funds sent, thanks bud
  22. What issues are you having with your current setup?
  23. And because of that, fewer and fewer people can enjoy track driving and you run the very real risk of it being banned altogether. Given that as an alternative, it's incredibly self defeating to run loud on track unless racing. 108dB is utterly insane volume wise. That is deafening levels without ear protection.
  24. First off, they don't have to give you a courtesy car, and it's not their fault you live so far from them. They cannot withhold the return of the warranty cost as you've not used it: None of the issues you have with the car fall under the warranty, they fall directly under the responsibility of the dealer to sort. You have to let them take the car back and assess it, and fix it as well.
  25. It'll never happen, and if it does it'll be so anodyne that it'll lack any kind of character.
×
×
  • Create New...