Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. Id be tempted to try this - "either you give me £1500 or Ill speak to trading standards" might get you as nice bargain. Other than that, run, even if you are holding scissors at the time.
  2. We are down there with the usual SXOC team + support vehicles, highlight last year was the full disco setup and being able to watch the Canadian GP on a 42 inch TV If you see a load of 200SX's (well, BMW's mainly these days) parked on Karting Nord rock over for a drink
  3. Focus RS > 350Z but only if you need rear seats. ST's are great, do what I did though and buy a £1000 GTI-6 and a Zed as well
  4. There are better about for the money IMO. If you arent getting the V8 then dont bother, get a 530d instead :nod:
  5. Sweet Jesus, I got a full Chargespeed kit modified to fit +70mm custom metal arches, all fitted and the whole car painted for less than that. And it doesnt look like an accident either
  6. 19's and decent ride height make all the difference on a widearch car, that said Im really not a fan of that kit anyway, the fixings on show just look @*!#. Custom metal arches FTW
  7. It feels very much like a grown up MR2, but it's almost a tad unfair in the comparison. The 987 S I had back in the summer is much closer, and you can really throw it into corners with huge confidence, which was one of the things I loved about my old MR2. It's wonderfully balanced, and is the most complete sports car available today. Well, until the 981 comes out properly, of course. I've not driven a 997C2, was it a gen1 or gen2 car? I've driven a 997.1 T4S which is a fabulous car but I'm not a huge fan of 4WD in the 911. Gen1, felt very skittish on the road and nervous on turn in, interior felt cheap and tacky (still better than a 350 mind you ) ....... the engine was very good but felt quite a lot more toppy than I remember the 996C2 being Really struck me as the best car for the money only if you have to have a 911 TBH, was disappointed as I really liked the 996 Afraid the Boxster still holds a bit of a stigma for me TBH .... although I am still using an MR2 as a daily at the moment
  8. Totally agree. I was conscious of that and tried to ignore the fact I was waiting for my 911 to come back to me, but it does sound very snotty when you write off a £50K coupe as not being feeling special! TBH, when I drove the 997C2 I was saying pretty much the same thing. Really nice and all, but not what I was hoping for in a £75K car Awesome write up though, stupid Q perhaps but how do you feel the handling compares to a lighter MR car, perhaps an MR2? Seems a bit of a strange choice making a 1500KG MR
  9. Bit OT, but do people still really care about 0-60 times? I saw VBH doing a road test of some 350hp Scoob the other day and she uttered the immortal line: "With a 0-60 time of 3.9 seconds its faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo" No it isnt you stupid hussy, it means it gets its 200 odd less horsepower down very slightly slower than the Scoob does
  10. Standard 350Z's dont have particularly attractive rear ends, I agree. Widearch ones with Chargespeed bodykits and big fat wheels look a lot better IMO, as in that picture. Thats all.
  11. Errr, I just proved I dont have an ugly arse ........ well, my car doesnt anyway.
  12. docwra

    RUN FLAT TYRES.

    In my experience even when it is designed for run flats its still a hideous ride. Hateful things IMO.
  13. Speak for yourself Like I said mate, if your Dad likes it then its good work all round - Id still try it 30mm lower though (even as a photoshop) as I bet he'd like it more
  14. Are the looks because people want it though? Not a big fan of the cars, that one looks like most that have been "modified" as well, overdone IMO - a nice set of rims and some lows are all they really need as they are a pretty car as standard. As others have said though, theres clearly a lot of time and money gone into it and if your old man likes it then Some bigger wheels and a 30mm drop would transform it though, believe me
  15. 18's on the front, 19's on the back. Winning combination
  16. Rained all weekend here, so couldnt even get pics, never mind wash the thing
  17. TBH Chris, as a specialist that knows his business inside out, that the biggest problem in recruitment these days - everyone claims to be a specialists in everything, clients believe the spiel then when it comes to the crunch the recruiter fails to deliver the bacon. I then call up with a proven track record, sometimes even a direct recommendation and I get told that "agencies are a waste of time and dont know what they are talking about"
  18. Not through that gearbox. Or the clutch, driveshafts .......
  19. Yeah, I loved it when it first came up but now its like a Failbook clone, where everyone accepts everyone and thats diluted a lot of the attraction. Ironically, the influx of recruiters and agents clogging the whole thing up is one of the things thats put me off it ........ although as a recruiter, weve made some good contacts though it
  20. Yeah Lee, your "mates" girlfriend, whatever
  21. LHD, £1000 coilovers, no adjustable suspension arms, 8.5/9.5 wheels running spacers, standard interior, no additional gauges ......... racecar my wobby arse. Thats overpriced by about 100% IMO. At least.
  22. Theres a 500hp 205 GTI for sale on Pistonheads at the moment .........
  23. He shoots, he scores Even when I was drifting mine I didnt really notice more on one side than the other, its got to be your alignment
  24. Stupid heavy modded versions allowed? The car is a lot prettier than I am mind you
  25. Lets see, I personally prefer the cloth and the normal steering wheel, the alloys are better than all standards except the Rays, white is a very rare colour and 100K isnt massive for a 2003 car ....... it may even still be in Km's, in which case its actually pretty low mileage. Maybe thats why this one is being offered at £5K then? Im not saying its bargain of the century by any means but I dont see where all the hatred is coming from?
×
×
  • Create New...