Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. My 03 import manual has probably seen more diff/clutch/gearbox abuse than most and is sweet as a nut OBD reader works with my car though, dont know where you are getting that one from rtbiscuit - Ive also seen 160+ on the clock ......... hows that 155mph limiter youve got BTW?? The geometry of the JDM cars is different, and theres a rumour they ride a little harder - theres very little in it having driven both though. I prefer cloth seats and a lot of the JDM cars have pretty cool aftermarket stuff too - Ive got a dogs danglies stereo and speakers, Nismo dials and a momo steering wheel which are all nice
  2. Brother had an FR and really liked it, a mate has just bought one and really likes it .......... might be worth looking into
  3. For the wheels, Wheelgenie in Huntingdon is the best I know of anywhere, seriously good work there. As for a bodyshop, the only one I can recommend is Gladwyns in Cambridge and they arent known for being cheap .......... TBH though, I dont think £896 is *that* bad, particuarly if its including VAT - thats a bit over £700 ex VAT, say £100 for parts and consumables so 10 hours at £60 per hour .......... its not horrific by any means.
  4. Its been a longtime argument, that Rotas particularly arent as strong as they are cheaper than brand name rims. Seeing as nearly every competition driftcar in the UK runs Rotas and regularly smashes over kerbs at full lock and IIRC we are yet to see a failure in competition, it suggests the boys at Rota have got it right
  5. Ive been told that its a symptom of them being weaned too early, and its a natural reaction to get food. I call it "playing the piano" myself
  6. Does the frequency increase with revs? Will it do it off load or only under load/when the car is moving stationary? Is there a certain rpm where its louder, or starts and stops? Have you had someone else rev the engine while you stand outside and listen to it? Edit: If its there on tickover its unlikely to be the bottom end, also if it still does it off load
  7. docwra

    zito astro's?

    For £500 brand new I wouldnt expect then to be light, durable or anything that you actually want in a wheel.
  8. A good friend of mine went to a party on a Friday night once - had a decent drink, stayed over at the guys house. Next morning he knew he wouldnt be able to drive, so stayed there through the day as well, not having anything else to drink. There are at least 5 other people who can confirm this is the case. When he drove home on Sunday morning he got pulled over and failed a breath test. As he was a bus driver he also lost his job and his house, despite waiting for over 24 hours to drive after having a drink. If he hadnt he wouldnt have been on time for work. Youd ban this guy for life? Harsh I think. Zero tolerance would basically mean anyone who ever wants to drive has to become teetotal, I personally dont think thats reasonable. Ive always said that a roadside sobriety test followed by a breath test is a much better idea, it would also catch people driving when under the influence of drugs, driving when very tired and could also be used for older drivers who are physically incapable of being in full control of a car. and as for the story, thats not about being over the limit, thats about withdrawing cover from anyone who has had any drink or prescription drugs, thats not on IMO.
  9. Stole this and posted on SXOC, almost exactly half of the people can understand it, the other half are saying that the 10th guy will be paid via dividend, that some other others will have tax credits, one will be working offshore ........ they are the 9 people that beat the 10th guy up I think
  10. As it happens ........... http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and ... ement.html Car looks strangely like mine as well
  11. What is madmarky up to?? Massive attention whoring perhaps? Sorry if Ive missed some kind of in joke here, but a picture of a Nismo box does not a thread make.
  12. Months notice is too short, if you do it again Id be keen though. Ive been to most of those places and to do them all on one trip would be awesome.
  13. I bet if you are reasonably old (like me) the XKR insurance wouldnt be as bad as you think. All Im saying is that after the recent defences of the 350Z's dynamic ability by calling it a GT car, that there are better GT cars out there for similar money.
  14. Im in Linto, South of Cambridge, Corby was a bit out of the way but not too bad. They did fit them but I left the car with them for a couple of days as they carried out some testing as well.
  15. So a few weeks ago I went up to Corby and visited these chaps: http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/ for some new engine mounts. There wasnt anything wrong with mine but I thought it wouldnt hurt to go with an upgrade, the guys wanted to do a little additional testing on a Z33 so everyone was a winner. A few weeks on and I cant recommend them enough, they have sharpened up steering feel without introducing any harshness in the ride quality or dodgy vibrations - most of the time you dont even notice they are there, at least until you turn the wheel and and everything is noticeably more positive. The Zed has pretty stiff mounts as standard but these are uprated something like 300%, but arent harsh at all. If you are consiudering it Id strongly recommend giving them a ring, these are top quality pieces of kit that do exactly what they say they will, backed up by a really friendly team of guys
  16. Theres some weirdness on this thread ......... why anyone would go from a Z to a half arsed FWD beige TT I really cant understand, and as for the last post ........ 1. A standard Zed is quiet too, Until it has an aftermarket exhaust 2. Look harder 3. Spend £150 on a CD player? 4. Same as 2, funnily enough 5. Its more money because its twice the car, its a V8 Jag FFS. 6. See your final sentence. XKR's are Zed money these days and trust me, if you are into what they do they absolutely **** on a 350Z. Never mind a Diet Audi TT.
  17. BBC HD isnt downscaled on Sky, you can see from the nature programmes, Sky just has a better quality broadcast. ITV HD until very recently used to look worse than SD on Sky channels for the same reason As Ive said elsewhere, you have to bear in mind that this is the 4th year BBC have been doing this, and that Sunday was Skys first programme. I reckon by midseason everyone will have forgotten all about the BBC coverage, like they have done with Football, Cricket, Snooker, Darts, Golf and anything else Sky have got their hands on
  18. Id pay £500 for one with MoT without even looking at it, you might even get more. Sorted handling, reliable, fairly quick and practical. If I didnt have aforementioned GTI-6 I might even be tempted myself.
  19. Do I know you from DW? Either way, good choice, youll love the Zed. Only problem you might find if you can skid a bit is that you'll go through back tyres like no-ones business, its sooooooo easy.
  20. Believe me, there is a difference. However, for taste, mousse and value for money you absolutely cannot beat Billecart Saumon - Laithwaites stock it. Its the same money as Veuve but tastes like Krug, its the second most astonishing wine find Ive ever come across (after Pilastro, a £7 Primitivo from Puglia that would be good value at 3 times the price) It is a matter of taste, but personally I dont really like Lanson, Bollinger and Veuve are decent, Nicolas Feuillatte is generally good and good value, the cuvee speciale is particularly lovely, real Krug is immense and non vintage Moet I wouldnt use to strip paint.
  21. It was somewhere approaching 30 cars last time I counted so lets just leave it at "lots" What made the Shitroen a "Loeb" edition then, its hardly a Sainz Celica or a Makkinnen Evo/Integrale is it??
  22. I had the opposite this morning - walked out of house planning to use 350Z, saw it was wet and horrible, remembered Id have to jump start her, also remembered that I needed to go to the Post Office to pick up a letter so would have to go long way round to avoid speed bumps, and then leave car running outside due to flat battery, and Id have to take my golf trolley off the bag to fit it in the boot ......... ......... so I walked out the front of my house, got in my GTI-6 and just drove to work It will definitely be seeing a lot more road now the weather has improved though, for sure.
  23. Use a different garage. Im no Z33 brake expert, Im sure one will be along shortly, but sounds like he's feeding you a load of shyte. I certainly wouldnt go near any company that starts messing with standard brakes to make them stop squeaking, maybe they could correctly diagnose the cause in the first place?
  24. I know, but at that point I was phoning every fortnight or so. They had paid out for at least 4 cars to be valeted and god knows how many houses to be repainted from the crap that was thrown up too. I actually ended up getting English Heritage involved as I thought the house was falling down from the buses. It was physically shaking everytime one went past What, actually sort out the "Road of Death" thats had traffic issues for all of the 25 odd years Ive lived here? Dont be silly, what they want to do is build another 150 houses in Linton without touching the roads. Like they are going to. Hear your car every day you go through the village BTW, sounding and looking good (you drive right past my bedroom window ) And that is entirely my issue. I get hit for the same CT as a family of 8, despite already contributing more as a high earner, owner of a business but taking less because I dont have kids and live in a place where we are not provided with any facilities to use.
  25. you don't use the highway then? Isn't that Road Tax? Its actually not road tax, that goes elsewhere. That said I pay the best part of £3K in that as well. As stated, the potholes in the "highway" outside my house were repaired no less than 7 times last year, and about the saem the year before, causing shedloads of tar to coat my car and house and potentially structurally damaging the house too - its a listed building on a bus route and shook every time one came past and went through the potholes. Ive also noticed my commute to work go up from 25 minutes each way to 45 minutes each way due solely to traffic congestion. So yeah, I do use them but they are crap. EDIT: Ricey's on the money
×
×
  • Create New...