Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I find the Zed dead easy to drive. Its a bit big feeling (and hard to see out of at times) but in terms of power delivery its nice and smooth and does what you tell it via the throttle. Unlike a lot of turbo cars which give you nothing then suddenly take off down the road! You just need to have control of your right foot
  2. Are 370z allowed to play
  3. /shakes fist Was snowing here yesterday so no chance of getting out! James: I'd definately go up Keswick way when you visit the Lakes, do the Bash and Whinlatter and get Mr AK to do you a hike a bike
  4. Happy birthday Sarah and others
  5. High praise indeed, not many builds are Sarnie Approved. We need a Sarnie Approved smiley
  6. I always knew there was a good reason for you to be here Chris....... I actually noticed the issue once I posted, and I wouldn't say it was user error as I know full well how to quote, oddly it lost the ending quote? Wasnt your fault chap, you quoted a misquote, which in turn broke yours, just embedded it a bit further I will make sure Dan attends a meet just to see the badge
  7. If we are going to have arguments, can we atleast quote properly? I've just had to fix about 4 posts I'm not going to get involved in the actual argument, you are both adults, sort it out as adults
  8. We usually do that and the comparision is usually a fresh quote from Admiral themselves Just give them the online quote number, the chap usually does some fiddling with numbers, and we get a new quote thats cheaper again!
  9. Sorry to see it go, but appears the small city car suits you better for the OP given the "problems" with the car. You can always count on Sarnie Its true though. Tax, tyres and petrol haven't really changed in price recently. Nor has the size of the 370's petrol tank or engine. Afraid I have to agee. The Zed is not a good town car, it will drink fuel like mad if you are constantly stop/starting it. Its desgned as a mile muncher, cruise across Europe and you'll see what its really for. We loved taking our to the South of France, it was brilliant and got about 30MPG across the whole trip. However when its at home and pottering around town the MPG is scary low. Its a big heavy car with big thirsty engine, cant expect it to be light on consumables unfortunately.
  10. Chris`I

    VQ35DE NEO

    This perhaps? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_VVL Dont think it would be used for the 350z though? Perhaps to get it through emissions tests?
  11. Chris`I

    VQ35DE NEO

    Most of the references I can see Googling around appear to relate to the Renault variations of the engine
  12. Yup agree with the list there Will. You dont notice the torque of the engine until you've done a good haul, its flipping amazing how much the VVEL gets out of it compared to the 350z which is only 200CC less. Very impressive, and you really dont have to push it hard to make progress. Noise is annoying, but I have the feeling a lot of that is down to the tyres. As soon as you hit new tarmac on the motorway I find all road noise dissapears. I think they must have used harder bushes in the '70 which tranfers more noise into the cabin but gives better handling. I think Colin said fitting Vreds to his reduced the noise a bit. I'll find out in the summer when mine need refreshing. The seat will need breaking in abit Will, sure you will find a good position, its near as damn it the same as the 350z I find. Just need to get the exhaust sorted mate
  13. Acutally you can. If you have the same torque but a higher rev limit, then you will make more BHP. This is why everyone tries to ram home its the area under the graph that matters in real life (usable power/torque) rather than the top end figure. You could conceivably make an extra 10HP purely by raising your rev limit The big issue here is that the OP has already had mods done and had the car mapped prior to fitting more parts. As Adam says you have to be very selective over picking parts that not only work but also work together. Get rid of the pop charger and dyno again and you'll likely make another 5-10HP.
  14. Did you do a new quote on multicar or just go off the renewal sent through the post? I'd be supprised if a new quote on multicar was more expensive than 2 seperate policies, but sure the auto renewal will be, thats how they make their money - stupid people that just renew kind of deserve it.
  15. Somethings changed
  16. Thats damn unlucky If the V5 hasnt been sent off yet, tow it back to the seller and leave it on their drive
  17. Lol i know, but the 370exhaust is just so ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.............. Has to be done Also username updated
  18. Looking good bud I'll update your username in the morning and email you when its done
  19. I think we all know your opinion is worth a bit more than 2p :wink: This is true. Anyone wanting to see mega NA tuning should also look up Adam@Z1Auto's car. Headline figures arent massive for the amount he spent (320WHP IIRC) but he had eveything lightened and balanced. On a track it would be a beast and massive fun compared to an FI'd Zed. NA cars will always have limited tunability. In FI cars, turning up the boost is effectively increasing the relative displacement of the car. The only way to get that NA is to get a stroker kit or similar to increase displacement. Does my nutt in when peope say "but for £200 my old Evo/Scooby/other FI car I got 100HP extra, why cant I do that on a Zed", and yet claim to know how car mechanics, turbos, SC, etc work (not aimed at the OP BTW) Trust me you wont notice the small difference you gain so much, but as Will says, once they are gone again and you are back to stock, you sure as hell notice
  20. A certain Mod has been slow on the uptake there.... I beleive modmins are exempt from forced updates
  21. Zed is dead comfy, I did 2000 miles in 10 days when we did the Jockland Hoon a few years back. Saying that I did cheat as I had Recaro's in the car
  22. Knowing our vultures, there wont be anything left by the end of today
  23. Move to member traders so we dont have to approve all the posts Not sure if the link is right Sarah? It goes to the website ok, but seems to be some guff on the end of it
  24. Doesnt look like top down weather this weekend mind
×
×
  • Create New...