Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. And to be fair I'm informed it does cost most dealerships a fair bit of money to have Consult if thats what they used - so kudos to them
  2. Chris`I

    Poor poor 260z

    Wait for the price to drop, buy it and return to stock. Wheres Chris when you need him - another one for Zed Shed rehoming
  3. Just had our multicar renewal through and its £200 more than doing a new quote. Supprisingly it is cheaper than doing the cars seperately by about £100-£150, which is not what some members have found recently.
  4. Looks like the new RB F1 car exhaust to me
  5. Half the weight and half the drag co-eff should do it
  6. Thought as much... A mate of mine has an Evo with a huge turbo... really laggy but immensely quick! To reduce lag during the gearchanges on a single turbo, is the best setup to run cams and let the motor rev alot higher? I did a dyno day with the MLR a few years back and they were all amazed at the lovely flat torque curve of the Zed. I think it made a few of them rethink if a turbo 2l 4-pot was the best engine for day to day driving when they saw the lovely torque we get from nearly sod all revs Especially when you draw the graphs on their scale, it made the torque curve nearly completely flat!
  7. Neil your numbers hurt my head
  8. All sounds good. You will have had some gain over stock (IIRC stock is about 280HP@hub), so gained about 25WHP from stock which is good and inline with what others have seen
  9. So whats the acutal difference on the dyno of those 2 pulls? I.e. how are they both performed?
  10. Done Thanks. You're much quicker than Chris who I'd PM'd To be fair I'm in training today so no time to doss on t'internet - and we're in the basement so no reception I also cant comment on the exhaust alone as I fitted mine with the G3 intakes too. Seemed to give about the same power as Colin, although I am on an auto box, so should be a smidge more at the fly
  11. I once got my roadtax for the old Zed for £6. I was posting something to an eBay buyer and at the same time doing my car tax. I paid both on the credit card and it wasnt until I got home, took the the receipt out to get the tracking number that I realised
  12. Happy Birthday bud
  13. I think they close at 5 so that wouldn't be much of a remap Loads of time, Marks done plenty, he can knock em out dead quick now
  14. Maybe they should get some Relentless stickers then?
  15. Totally agree Ian, should get all mods done and then get it mapped. All ASAP so you dont draw it out. I wouldnt imagine in the short term you'd do much damage, but over say 50k miles, you could well do. I do think its only now we are seeing much longer milage cars we are seeing the relatively small damaged done by some mods coming to the fore for killing an engine. 95RON and oil starvation appear to be the 2 biggies now, but I guess even a small amount of det at higher revs will kill an engine eventually? (not sure on that though, maybe Mark could clarify)
  16. Dont see why you should have to qualify at all. If you are of sound mind and want to go, thats up to you. Having watched my Dad essentially starve himself to death to achieve the same thing (even though he was on painkillers so apparently felt no pain) when he had terminal cancer, its shocking that you arent allowed to make a decision on your own life. I wouldnt wish it on anyone but if you dont want to be here any more, I dont see why anyone should stop you.
  17. Can only adapt so far. Remember when Nissan designed the engine, it wasnt designed to be modded, so they only have a certain window of correction. Take it too far and it cant add more fuel for the air you give it, then it runs lean. The OP will likely be ok, I think its mainly when you add in headers to the above combo of beathing mods that it gets dangerously lean. EDIT: It was Octets car that I remember the comment from: Subject: Car booked for UpRev @ Abbey tomorrow morning
  18. Really?. Pretty sure Mark posted up a plot recently where he said it was running really lean. OK so maybe dangerous was an overstatement, but I've seen it mentioned a fair few times that if you have intake/plenum spacer/decats/y-pipe/exhaust all done then it should be remapped as it could be running lean. The problem is its all down to the actual mods in question, some cause more lean running than others. It doesnt have to be running so lean the engine goes pop to be doing damage, some damage may not be spotted for a very long time
  19. Pop bangs!?!?!? Tell me more (in newbie layman's language please!) You can map the car so that on overrun (off the throttle, revs dropping, low load) the car will dump a bit of fuel into the exhaust where it will ignite and give somewhere between a little pop to an almighty bang and flames. Can look quite cool, but not sure its the best for the Zed! A little popping could sound nice though. Google it, usually on Scoobies, Evos, Focus RS. Not sure how well it works on NA cars.
  20. I just went and Googled it and there are a few reviews on Amazon saying the newest version of the WD is a step back from the old. Seems they've changed something which makes it a bit tempremental and not play everything the old one did. Wish they'd just update the PS3 to play everything its hardware can support. I have a few backups from before I got it (so encoded wrong) that wont stream direct from my NAS. Need to remux them to a supported one for the PS3
  21. Using the word 'vegetable' as a description in the first post is ok then I guess If he adequately described to his partner what his definition of a vegetable is then I see no reason to change that. Edited to give correct name just to stop the usual trolls/overly PC members complaining
  22. I'd recommend you get it done sooner rather than later. Will all those breathing mods you could be running dangerously lean. Get anything more you want to add bought and then get it remapped ASAP in my view.
  23. Personally I agree with you Dan. If someone is of sound mind and wants to die with dignity then there should be no problem to it at all, and personally I'd want the same if I were like that (and Amanda knows that too). Guess when it gets harder is proving that you are of sound mind and also when people are in the grey area between how you should decide who does and doesnt get what they want. Dont they currently turn a blind eye to people going out of the country to do it anyway?
  24. TBH, I'd take a pack of biccies to the local exhaust place (and some wood) and see if they will sort it for you quickly
  25. Ah that makes more sense. I would contact Buddly Club UK with loads of pics of it and express that you'd want them to pay for it to be welded. How low is your car? Most garages I know keep wood planks around to get low cars up onto the ramps.
×
×
  • Create New...