Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Good progress as ever bud
  2. Did you even read the ad? It said it was a classified for a car being broken. Still good for the OP to ask them for a quote on the parts he needs event with our traders
  3. Got the email. Has me baffled, will try and Google it IP address should get you straight into the server, so not sure why it doesnt work. Tracert for you and me are the same once it hits the hosts machines so nothing different there
  4. What dyno was that on? Most we've seen have been from Abbey on they Dynapack, 320@hub sounds high compared to theirs. Maybe you have a freak of nature I believe George (GMAN) went to RS Tuning in Leeds which I would imagine explains the difference in figures between his and mine - bearing in mind we have the same mods. Do RS Tuning measure at the fly/hubs/wheels? I beleive they measure at the wheel. This will lead to some discrepency in numbers which we are seeing. Not that you can easily compare anyones numbers, but Georges seem higher than I'd seen before. RS Tuning dyno would expain it. So really about the same as anyone else. As Mark says, the difference between the before and after is what counts.
  5. What dyno was that on? Most we've seen have been from Abbey on they Dynapack, 320@hub sounds high compared to theirs. Maybe you have a freak of nature
  6. Just a bit of wood? See how she likes a scratch on it that will be fine with a bit of wood filler?
  7. Should have trained her better. After crunching my old Varis lip into a kerb, Amanda is now paranoid of hitting anything and stays 3ft away from any low level obstacle when driving the '70 Hope you can get it patched up. Not looking good going by others experiences though
  8. Not DNS then, must be routing related. No idea how we can work that out, that would be one for the host's boffins. I can try asking Amanda's techy's at work to see if they have any ideas. Its likely the hosts will have to sort it though.
  9. Does it work when you use just the IP address Mike? If it works fine with the IP then it must be a DNS thing is my logic. As I dont have this problem at work or home I cant diagnose it
  10. Can you get Virgin routers to use something like OpenDNS? I have a habit of using it whenever I set up a new connection. ISPs can be quite shocking when it comes to DNS which is mental when you consider its the backbone of the internet! Going to try the Google DNS tonight, if its like most of their other services, I'd imagine its quite good
  11. If you click the link I put in it tells you how to set it up and test it
  12. Good call, it might have cached it. Odd though that sometimes it makes the hit and gets the right IP and sometimes fails. Guess the router could be having a tantrum or on the way out.
  13. The short answer is no. It was thought it would be ok on the high det map but when mappers started to look at the high det map properly it was learnt that it wasnt winding back the timing enough at high revs to stop it. No issue for most people on here, but prolonged use at high revs can cause damaged. On what has been seen so far, it takes a lot of miles to happen though.
  14. Depends on how **** the ISP (or whoever's) DNS servers are. It might have the right IP but that doesnt mean the lookup always works. If their servers are ropey then it might return misses from the cache lookup even when it does know the right IP. OpenDNS/Google might solve it, worth a punt. If not we are into ever more hardcore solutions
  15. Sounds like DNS has gone astray somewhere. If you use the IP address (94.76.203.122) instead of the address, does everything work ok? Might be worth Googling how to check your DNS settings and perhaps using someone like Google or OpenDNS. It might be your ISP has crappy DNS servers. This might help - https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using
  16. Windows Live Movie Maker - not the best, but its free and easy. Just watch out as it tries to install loads of other Windows Live crap with it, just untick the non-required bits.
  17. Amazed to see we are still getting more and more on here, got a great list now
  18. Unfortunately I wasn't there I have no idea! For those that don't know the circuit though, the cars in the above photo are facing the wrong way as the pit exit is the road behind the silver Citroen. Before that straight there's a fast right hander so the car couldn't even have gone wide! I'm guessing maybe he fish tailed coming out of the right hander, went over the gravel and backwards through the barrier on to the pit lane?? I'm glad I wasn't in the queue waiting to get on track! Yeah that was my guess, and ditto on not wanting to be in the pit queue when it happened
  19. Looking good Marky. Will you be tempted by a BBK at some point?
  20. Ouch - how did they manage that?! Very odd place to come together with the barrier
  21. Sounds like quite a few schoolboy mistakes there, which is a bit worrying
  22. Can you tell us exactly what it says on the laptop in question? Also try logging in via the different URLs and see if that makes any difference www.350z-uk.com www.350z-uk.net www.370z-uk.net
  23. Great pics. You must be chuffed for Mark
  24. Rich and Al have a very very long hate/hate relationship, so we just leave them to it. They both give as good as they get. If Rich wishes to raise an issue of bullying, he knows where we are and he's a big boy - dont mean that literally Rich!
  25. Couldnt agree more, I'd do your homework and be careful that you are actually likely to get that sort of money. When I was offered work out there it was at least on a contracted day rate that I knew I would get and I still wasnt comfortable enough with it to go out there. Not saying you shouldnt, far from it, just make sure you know exactly what you will be getting and what the tax situation will be.
×
×
  • Create New...