Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Looks good buddy Supprised that they manufacturers dont offer them pre-fitted as an option given how much easier it would be for them to do it
  2. Cruise, Bose and Synchro rev are the easy way to tell it is a GT. Connect Premium is easily identified as it has a touch screen, non-Connect Premium nav doesnt have this. CP can also do post codes - non-CP cant. HTH
  3. Motorways are by far and away the safest roads statistically If everyone behaved properly on the motorway there would be no problem in having a 100MPH speed limit.
  4. I dont beleive for a second that someone has sat for a week on all stretches of all roads to decide what the limit should be. If that were the case there would be many roads near me that would have much different limits as some of them are just plain dangerous. Limits are derrived largely from the classification and size of the road and then altered when people complain enough. I have seen plenty of places on my commutes to work where speed limits have been changed and have made no difference what so ever to accident rates. The reason - speed wasnt the cause - it was either poor visibility or just stupid drivers. If you always have the limit set for the lowest common denominator of driver skill, we may as well go back to having a man infront of the car with a flag. I do like to think I have a more balanced view that most as I regularly cycle on the roads (~100 miles a week commuting), ride a motorbike, drive a car, and have for a period driven light goods vehicles. We dont need better speed limit classifications at all, we need more driver training and punish those that dont pay attention and cause accidents. Speeding in itself doesnt do anyone any harm, its driving too quickly for the surroundings that causes problems. However its far easier to set a limit and then blame anything that should go wrong on someone going "too quick" where more than likely it was becuase they didnt assess the situation properly.
  5. Cars like Evo's and the R35 changes that though. I see complete numpties behind the wheel keeping up with proper drivers just because the car can sort out alot of their shortcomings. A good driver in the Zed (even 500HP) would struggle to keep up with a halfwit in a GTR. True you'll keep up with RWD Pokers all day long with their (mostly) "all the gear and no idea" drivers
  6. No I drive for what I can see, and if I anticipate that someone may walk out from behind a car I will slow down to a speed I think I can stop or avoid them from. Thats not the lecturers argument though. Their arguement is that if you were doing the speed limit then thats fine. Thats all they were trying to say. That in itself is wrong as if you hit the kid doing 30MPH you'd do almost as much damage as doing 38MPH.
  7. No my arguement was why was the speed limit at said point in the road 30MPH when clearly this isnt/wasnt safe. If theres a possibilty of the child being struck at zero warning, the speeds involved should be slow enough that they arent killed or hopefully seriously injured. This would point to it needing to be a 20MPH limit. Stopping distances have nothing to do with this incident as if the kid had walked out a few seconds later and the driver was doing the limit, the impact would have been the same as them slowing from 38MPH and hitting them later. The kid would still be dead.
  8. They use the same bonnet lifters Mike - the ones that deploy on a frontal impact. So I'm guessing a large marjority of it will be shared with the GTR.
  9. Ask Abbey if they can sort it, you should be able to reset it via Consult. I would be very very supprised if the airbag ECU module is "corrupt". That is a mission critical piece of hardware, it wont simply corrupt itself like a PC can. Either it will need a reset via Consult or it could be a "one time only" control module in which case once the bags are deployed you need a new one.
  10. Told you it was a can of worms.
  11. Yes alright its on the list to be added to the erm list
  12. Who buys stuff from Nissan?
  13. I can't imagine anyone having written something down that they would honestly say they would tell the mother of the child so it worked pretty well. No there is no excuse for hitting a kid and killing them, but even if the person driving had been doing 30 there could be plenty of reasons they couldnt stop in time. Terrible accident, and this time the driver would likely have stopped if doing 30 but there could be reasons they wouldnt have. If the zone is that dangerous it should have been a 20. What they need to ask is if she had been doing 30 and the kid stepped out 3 seconds late (effective stopping distance then the same as doing 38) what damage would she have done? If the zone was 20 and again the kid got hit stepping out 10 seconds later (still not time to stop) what would have happened? Only way to ALWAYS save the kid is to have cars going so slow they will do no damage if they hit the kid with zero notice.
  14. Good to see the course was good for you John, I can see that 30 limit guilt trip story opening a whole can-o-worms though
  15. £350-£400 is about right for a P3 at Nissan. If its a 3 year service though and technically then out of warranty, theres no point going to a dealer to have it done. Good inderpendant will use exactly the same stuff probably charge less than half in labour rates.
  16. Boooo - no fair - I cant come
  17. Addded a few misc products Misc - Bumper tuck Misc - Carbon B-Pillars Misc - Carbon Battery/brake covers Misc - Carbon Engine Cover Misc - Carbon Fibre Bumper Duct Misc - Carbon Fibre Radiator Panel Misc - S2000 Stubby Aerial Misc – 350z Boot Carpet Misc – Bonnet Lifters Misc – Clear Rear Indicator Housing Misc Boot Dampers Misc Grounding Kit Misc Polished Upper Plenum Misc Powder Coated Plenum
  18. Added: Exedy Clutch Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads Findanza Flywheel Ichiba Y-Pipe Japspeed Catch Can KW Variant 3 Coilovers NISMO Carbon Fibre Gear Knob RT Customz Decals Samco Coolant Hoses Samco Induction Hose Summit Strut Brace Veilside Version 3 Front Bumper Veilside Version 3 Rear Bumper Veilside Version 3 Side Skirts Veilside Version 3 Spoiler Works Bell Team Orange Quick Release Hub Works Bell Team Orange Steering Wheel
  19. You had a better time of it than me, I could hardly get into the grommet Rest of the install is dead easy though you're right.
  20. We can just call it a sleeper, put it in the garage as a stock car
  21. How many petrol stations does one man need?!
  22. I p/x'ed my old Zed as it needed quite a bit of work and I didnt want a forum member buying it. Plus it made it easier when I picked up the 370z as I just gave them the keys to the 350z and drove away in the new one
  23. Sounds like they are cleverer than that, they franchise them so they get guarenteed income for doing sod all!
  24. Mods will be added as I go - remember this is a "live preview" its not meant to be complete. I will hopefully (likely this weekend) come up with a definitive list thread where we can list what is there and people can post up what is missing. It will be a no chat thread, just post manufacturer/garage/insurer/mod that are missing.
  25. Have fun getting through the grommet
×
×
  • Create New...