Jump to content

Sarnie

Members
  • Posts

    23,618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sarnie

  1. Sarnie

    Ultra Yellow GT4

    Yum! Rims look darker than standard but pretty nice. Tacky gt4 stickers..... Looks nice though
  2. Wow, how boring is that colour? I don't think I've seen that tan/alezan interior on a 370 before........
  3. I asked the owner today if it was an import or UK spec and he said; "bought from uk dealership owner by company director who designed it from scratch and imported it from japan to his spec. they are imported as jap.motor naturally" So I asked him again, is it an import or UK car? He said; "import but UK spec" Hmm I told him that it couldn't be UK spec as the UK cars didn't come in auto or without steering wheel buttons. No reply to that He knows exactly what he has and is doing his best imo to hide it Wouldn't actually be so bad if it was the £7k it should be.......
  4. Why do they insist on using ridiculous figures like $7.5m???
  5. To clarify Mark's comment, the DE kit will be over 9k if you need the above. The HR kit is more like 11k without any of the above, oil cooler or larger sump which Mark recommends - so probably more like 13-14k if you need the above and include the recommendations. Please correct me if that's not what you meant Mark. I'm still probably going to be doing it on my HR, although spending about the value of the car on mods is a little to most people. I know it's your money, but spending those kinds of figures is insane imo......
  6. And what were you looking for to find this ??? Not a modified Mk1 Micra
  7. Errr, slightly modified http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-84-SR ... RTM1066543
  8. Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  9. He also thinks it's silver, when it's clearly GM........
  10. I'd be very curious as to how the one owner had owned it from new...................
  11. Lots of lol's going on in this thread......
  12. £12K FOR AN AUTO JDM IMPORT??????
  13. Where are your cruise buttons?
  14. I feel relieved
  15. Sarnie

    LAMBO DRIVE

    Random.
  16. what would be the point in taking over someone else lease deal - there appears to be no financial incentive at all and your driving a "2nd hand" car - the main point of a lease (well one of them anyway) The financial incentive is that you do not have to pay the initial deposit which is usual 2 or 3 times the monthly payment
  17. Speak for yourself
  18. On a final note, as I actually have to do some work today , if you take out the PCP and then find that either you can't afford it, don't like the car or lose your job etc, your stumped. Just like all these people trying to get someone to take over their agreements; http://www.takemylease.co.uk/index.php
  19. Chris, I know your a smart cookie, but your post is way off base. Deposits and GFV's are what PCP's are based on. No one is argueing this, apart from you. My arguement is for if Finance is needed then a straight forward = Deposit + 36/48/60 months of x amount = purchase of the car is the only way to go in my opinion. if you can't afford the payments that result in full ownership of the car at the end, then you can't afford the car imo. Simples. You 'value' the ownership of a car. You bought a car outright for circa £95k rather than putting down a deposit and buying a Huyara or Veyron and swishing around showing off to the world, a car that you could actually afford, and wasn't yours and never was going to be! Which I massively admire and respect. In the same way that I would respect someone more on here by owing a £7k zed outright more than someone wh0 leases a '12 plate Merc that has to give it back in 24 months... The similarities to house purchases is remarkably similar, especially given recent economic times. House prices have been 'depreciating' for at least five years but people haven't suddenly started buying them on Interest Only mortgages........quite the opposite, people/lenders have been strengthening their position by ensuring that repayment mortgages are the norm. When the @*!# hits the fan and you've been on the brink financially, would you rather be in a PCP deal that you have to pay up to the end of the contract or have a loan that you could pay off by selling the car?
  20. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I think that a one off period in a new car like the SLK could be ok, if you were going to give it back and get back into buying a car of some description. I just feel that once your in the 'system' your never going to have the disposeable cash to pay the monthly payment plus the deposit every 24 months, and then also saving a separate amount to buy another car or at least save a deposit for one etc. There are so many similarities to buying/renting houses. Once your renting it's hard to get out of the cycle and save your own deposit to buy your own house. I fully accept that my profession means that I am propably hyper sensitive to finance and the benefits of any such finance, and apologise if I've upset or annoyed anyone, but my opinion and or advice is based on seeing endless amounts of clients in the @*!# financially based on not really knowing the full implications of what they are getting into etc etc. If you can stomache blowing £3-£4k a year on hiring a car then go for it,
×
×
  • Create New...