Sarnie
Members-
Posts
23,618 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Sarnie
-
Noooooooooooooo it wasn't. GT4 = UK 35th Anniversary = JDM
-
Yep, these came in black and grey too. The point is though that he is selling it as a GT4, which is/was a UK car. He even mentioned the playstations that came with the cars, which only happened with UK cars.........
-
Not brand new then..... Like new would perhaps be more accurate. However, that's splitting hairs. My point was it was a physical car that had been driven by others (however briefly) and not a factory order. Im not seeing what your trying to get at? If it was from the factory, it would have cost £54k, if it was on PCP he would have had to pay roughly £25k for 3 years,. What he is getting at is that you said it was "brand new" but then stated it was a demo, which are not the same thing. If he had bought it brand new, it would have been £54k as you pointed out yourself. If your dad had got it on PCP he would have had a new car (£54k) and the £25k lease payments would have brought the figures almost exactly in line with your proposed current value of £30k............... Ohhh right, you misunderstood me then, it's £30k NOW, as in 5 years after he bought it, in 2010 we looked at upgrading as we fancied the 4.4 TDV8 but it only came in the Vogue so i looked at used prices then at it was roughly £38k. So after 3 years of PCP you'd have spent £25k If you bought outright and sold at second hand, you'd have only lost £16k to depreciation. Sorry if i didn't word it right! All that information would have been useful in your first post
-
*goes to check out S2K's in the classifieds*
-
What a joker. I emailed him a week ago and got no reply. Clearly trying to hoodwink some poor unsuspecting noob
-
Nice S2k
-
+1 It's not even a UK car, and has vile seats....
-
Not brand new then..... Like new would perhaps be more accurate. However, that's splitting hairs. My point was it was a physical car that had been driven by others (however briefly) and not a factory order. Im not seeing what your trying to get at? If it was from the factory, it would have cost £54k, if it was on PCP he would have had to pay roughly £25k for 3 years,. What he is getting at is that you said it was "brand new" but then stated it was a demo, which are not the same thing. If he had bought it brand new, it would have been £54k as you pointed out yourself. If your dad had got it on PCP he would have had a new car (£54k) and the £25k lease payments would have brought the figures almost exactly in line with your proposed current value of £30k...............
-
Jacko who????
-
Wood????????? Does it come with oars??
-
Only me and dblock know.......sorry biscuit I can almost guarantee it will be universally hated......especially by sarnie! Does that means it's grey???
-
New Member who would like a little advice please.
Sarnie replied to lcampbell87's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
+1 -
Only just seen this, I'll donate £20
-
New Member who would like a little advice please.
Sarnie replied to lcampbell87's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Looks like a GT to me. Can I go to bed now? -
Likewise if i borrow £30k to buy a car, and like you say after 2 years i lose my job - i reckon i'll owe more money on the loan than what the car is worth, so after i've sold the car i'll still owe even more money! That argument shifts into your favour the longer i keep he car though, but as previously mentioned i dont currently intend to keep a car for that long. But if you had a loan and sold the car, there is nothing anywhere that says you have to pay the loan off Any sort of finance and your fooked.....
-
The thing is, once you move into sales, you learn your trade (sales wise) and then you could move into any sales job out there! Once you have a track record in sales, it proves you can sell which is one of the hardest things to master. Once you have that, you could move into any other field and all you'd need would be product knowledge which is easy! Do it!
-
Exactly. I'm not averse to finance but I don't see the point if your not going to actually own the car at the end of it? If i thought I was giving a car back in x months I'd probably never wash it as it was never going to be mine so who cares
-
New Member who would like a little advice please.
Sarnie replied to lcampbell87's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Why do you think your car is not a GT? Possibly because it only has 3 steering wheel buttons and the OP doesn't realize that only the newer GT Roadsters have the 6 buttons Pete This was my thought process too........... -
New Member who would like a little advice please.
Sarnie replied to lcampbell87's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Why do you keep posting the world smallest picture that still doesn't confirm whether your car is a GT or not?? -
Interesting read. However the moral of that story seems to be you can either have lots of nice 2nd hand cars, or have occasional brand new middle of the road cars - for the same money. I guess it's horses for courses.... i'm planning on keeping my zed indefinitely, or in other words always keep a 2nd 'sports car' outside of any PCP plan, so i'll get my fill of fun cars too. That said, im not rushing out and signing up to a PCP deal... im just thinking in 12-18 months what my options may be. If i do the sums closer to the time and it's more economical to get a loan, then i'll go down that route. Totally with Gangzoom here. Nice 2nd hand cars or new middle of the road car? A nice car is a nice car irrelevant of how old it is. My Lambo was the best car I've ever owned but it was three years old when I bought it Also, even if the loan costs more than a lease, the extra money is actually buying you something, eg equity in the car, which becomes an asset for you. The benefit of a loan is that at some point it ends and you own the car fully outright. Think about if you lose your job. What are you gonna do about your 3 years worth of £300 a month??? If you own your car at least you could sell it....... It may seem that I'm against PCP and the like, but I'm not, I just still can't see much of a benefit to it....
-
But if you take the new job and gain experience surely that could potentially lead to a job in the commercial side?
-
What silver/grey colours is the 350Z available in?
Sarnie replied to neilf's topic in 350Z Technical
MY03: Blade Silver & Gunmetal Grey MY06: Universal Silver & Gunmetal Grey MY07+: Universal Silver & Twilight Grey End of. Please close this topic now -
+1 Beggars can't be choosers as they say. Extra money doesn't come for free............
-
I can't get my head around this bit at all. If I bought and sold a car after three years, yes the depreciation may be slightly more than the rent, but I would have the money back from selling the car whereas you would have nothing to show for your three years worth of rent? £20000 - £10000 = £10000 = -£10000 assuming £20k cash purchase and 10k resale. £0 - £10000 = -£10000 assuming £10k lease fees and an empty bank account to begin with. So it's decent if you don't have the cash to begin with and want / need a new car. This. I haven't got the cash flow to spend £30k on a car, nor do I want to save up for a long time to get that pot of cash. Furthermore if I did have £30k lying around I would be investing it in something that is going to appreciate rather than throwing it away on a car. On the other hand, just because I dont have that £30k to hand doesn't mean that I'm too poor to own an expensive car - it just means I'd rather divert my savings elsewhere, yet drive a car which I feel is appropriate. It may well be a bit cheaper to buy the car outright and sell it after 2 years making a lot of money back, but I'd need to get a £30k loan in order to buy it... Which is gonna be close to £1k a month over 5 years. Your posts don't make sense. If you actually had £30k, you wouldn't spend it on a car. But instead your going to 'rent' a car that you'll never see ANY return on?? Also, £1k a month over 60 months is £60k, you need to find a cheaper loan provider
-
ACE, make sure you HPI the black car. For some reason I seem to remember pictures of a black 40th Anniversary car that was on ebay i think as an accident damaged car, looking very poorly for itself. May not be this car but the pictures and reg look familiar to me......