Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. If I do terra clean mine I'll try and get an mot centre to do a gas test pre and post. Mine is on a 13 year old and over 100k miles, last mot the co2 readings were near the limit.
  2. I use a Philips, but looking to replace.
  3. what you been doing out in PNG? My uncle spent years out there on new Britain island.
  4. i believe it can be done in situe, but you'll lose most of the skin off the back of your hands, and you'll end up swearing more than a Tourette's kid at a slip knot concert. far easier with the engine out.
  5. Not heard of crap speed de cats snapping as d block says its the only thing they get from china that doesn't fall apart. Personally you should take it up with mods first and see what they can do. If no success then name and shame.
  6. General rule of thumb is yes there are good gains but the cost of fitting out weighs the gains. Your looking at around a 12 hour job for fitting and that's if you know your way round the car engine bay. If doing yourself there are definitely savings to be made and gains to be had. If a garages is doing it, and they charge around £30 an hour your looking at a £400 fitting bill, excluding the purchase. Taking that into account and the work required to fit, I wouldn't be putting cheap crap in, because if a weld fails or a pipe cracks, I don't want to be having to go back and do it all again to fix it.
  7. Is it meant to bring on the early onset of epilepsy?
  8. Dad had a beige Montego, then a bright red mg Montego. All I remember of the mg was all the road noise in the back as a kid. Could never hear the radio very well.
  9. Body shop is roughly £200-£300 a panel to respray, someone like chips away will be about half that.
  10. 5k can get you a supercharged V8s, but you'll most likely spend double or even triple that restoring it properly.
  11. Loved the nsx and the rx7 wasn't as big a fan of the supra or 3000gt etc, good lookers but very 90s
  12. Yes its a lot of car for your money, speak to lexx I think he just bought one. Also hollow point knows them well. As do a few others, I think you just have to be aware that with old cars can come big problems that need a lot of cash spent on them. I can vouch for that.
  13. I don't dislike the 300, I just think it got fat, doesn't make it bad, doesn't detract from the quality of the car, doesn't make it any less a zed car, wouldn't put me of having one, but I still think its a fat car. But then I als think the 350 is a lardy car as well, just not as lardy as the 300
  14. lol - I rejected those two!
  15. Good choice
  16. First 2 minutes basically repeats what I said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFEA1n-Ggy4
  17. A lot of non petrol heads do mix up the tt and the zed, as they do with the mx5 and the s2000.
  18. Ahhhh double bless
  19. Back in the day the 300zx was very accomplished, but it got very tech and power focussed moved away y from that more raw experience of driving and got very heavy. The 280 was heavier than the 240 and the 300zx was heavier still, the 350 went back to a slightly lighter car with Na power. And a more raw driver focused vehicle. The 300zx wasn't a bad car but the focus in tat era was different to the original. Concept of the 240z
  20. The 300zx twin turbo engine was great, but it had moved away from what zed cars were originally. The 350 was a step back towards the origins of the 240 and 280z
  21. I went zed to s2000, best move I ever made, s2k was one of the best cars I ever owned. Test drive doesn't help. Have a chat with some of the guys over on S2K.com get some local to take you out and properly experience one. Bombing around with the roof down made mundane drives fun. I had the roof down in sun rain and snow, night and day, it just made the whole driving experience more fun. Can't explain it, you just need to experience it. Give me a bell if you want a chat I'll pm my number if you want it. I know the s2kuk chairman and a few other guys. Didn't look back when I pxed the zed. I found the 350 the most disappointing car I've ever owned. But that's my opinion not fact. I rank it lower than even my mr2 or 306gti6. Zed wasn't a bad car, it just wasn't a good car for me. Only bonus of it was the friends I made on here.
×
×
  • Create New...