Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. +2 I lost mpg although I've put a number of mods on to increase power.so the remap really should be focused around power improvements. If you can have multiple maps vehicle year dependent, then you can look to have a conservative map for saving on mpg. Alternative to that purchase yourself a diesel car then your mpg will be far improved. The Zed wasn't built for economy!
  2. Hey welcome! I don't suppose you purchased the number plate V6 NOS to go with the car as I know Andy was looking to sell the plate separately?
  3. Blasts from the past eh! 350z Azure 56 plate MGTF Cool Blue (loaned from the Mrs as my Focus was poorly) Ford Focus Zetec 2dr Limited Edition (owned for 9 years great car) Opel Manta GTE Exclusive (blue) Opel Manta GTE (black) Escort MKII 1.3 (modified by previous owner with Weber Carb, K&N, Sports Manifold , straight through Japspeed Exhaust, bored out to 1.6 as the car was standard 1.3) It turned out the Escort was a cut and shut, so I had to get rid of it.
  4. Interesting.... So he's not a forum go'er then? Nice to see Mr Nurrish on the forum
  5. Thanks for the advice guys..... Going to get one final quote before I proceed - keep ya posted with a success or fail story some time soon. I guess that's £1,600 I could have spent on the Zed. In fact that's the cost of the wheels I wanted...
  6. Reg "MAN# B" (Off Stratford Rd - Birmingham) spotted, flashed, waved and acknowledged Looking good with the V1 kit very tidy. Although I don't recognise the Reg or vehicle from on here so I'm guessing not a 350z forum go'er?
  7. His arm or my arm as trade off against the cost?
  8. My quote was £2,400 for removing and re-fitting the boiler in it's current location, again like yours Flue heading north to the roof. I've received a reduced quote to £1,600 and that's to replace and move the boiler to an outside wall. This way I don't need any Flue modifications which cuts the costs. Might be worth considering if you can move the boiler to an outside wall?
  9. Right - quote FINALLY in.... £1,600 and that's for moving the current boiler which is located in the middle of the house to a location sited against an outside wall. This will include a Baxi Potterton Gold - although strangely I've been quoted 2-3 days to undertake the work. The boiler will be moving a distance of 8ft if that to the Bathroom! Does this sound about right or should I be knocking this price down or sourcing somebody else?
  10. All I have on my desk is WORK!!!!
  11. Me too Will, it's been 2 weeks since I drove her and boy it feels good. The sound is gorgeous. She's been clayed and given the DA treatment so the bodywork is superb.
  12. Yes that's very true, not sure if the Carbon boot is twisted or not sitting correctly. Something to sort! You may also notice the rear of the car sits slightly higher than oem, that's because the spare wheel, heavyweight oem boot, tools and plastics have been removed to save weight. When the suspension mods are fitted this should correct the higher than normal rear end.
  13. Ha ha - very true, I did try and point him towards my car although he wasn't interested No seriously he was in the 2nd car, coming along to look at the house, although I said I wanted to get pics of the car and prior to him taking a picture of their car he was all over my car taking photo's and generally getting in the way until I told him to take a photo of the Renault I believe it has something to do with the plastics, my boot does the same as it's Carbon, a pain in the bottom in sunlight. But why does the bumper not show a different shade?? The view was wicked, reminded me of our bi-annual visit to Wales, Sheep in the roads and wicked roads. House viewing was superb, nicely priced 2 bed cottage with double garage, games room, swimming pool and conservatory. The only problem is it's right in the sticks with no pubs and no indian restaurants to shake a stick at. The nearest pub was 8 minutes drive away, although all the roads are single track and soiled with large amounts of mud!! My front splitter actually turned into a mud plow with the mud sat in the middle of the track!! The property was great for anyone wanting to spend £40k on it to make it look superb, although in the sticks is fine, but when there's only you and two more houses and a farm, it's a little too far out. Still looking! If I'm over that way again quite happy to meet up for a pint
  14. Since purchasing my Canon EOS 500D I've yet to upload some pics, so after driving out today to Farlow near Ludlow to look at a property I thought I'd take the camera with me and glad I did. Yet to learn everything about the camera so I left the setting on Auto!! I've noticed the other links posted about camera tips, so I'll be having a look at those also!
  15. It was nice to have the flakes for Christmas, but now it's the reality of 2011
  16. wasso (all lowercase)
  17. Heck that's bad, might check behind the wheel to see if I have any damage, although my contact was more of a scrape than a bang so I'm hoping it's not as bad. Feel for you as that's more than a refurb!!
  18. Suppose I best post something. Loads of cufflinks, top gear and Clarksons DVD, aftershave, camera bag, Alan Sugar book, and my lovely chargespeed bumper. Birthday in March so I'm hoping for a front bumper, skirts and wheels (that's if I get my way)
  19. Bad times Bennett, looks like you're joining the fooked alloy club. You should see the state of mine after my sideways battle with the black ice. I need to clean them tomorrow and it will grieve me to look at them, so I feel your pain, more so that you have aftermarket alloys. Have a drink and it's not so painful!
  20. Thanks all for your comments, it's giving me a load more information, I shall report back a quote tomorrow. I was recommended to go with the Baxi range boiler - so we shall see what this chap comes up with.
  21. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppy!! B'day!!!!!!
  22. Thanks Ace. So I guess all new boilers are condensing, is that right? I rent the maisonette out so I'm not fussed about super efficiency, just a simple cheap'ish solution? I could do without spending a fortune, especially £2k, where I was thinking of getting a solution for no more than £1k?
  23. I washed mine the other day in -4 temps. It took twice as long to clean because the car was so cold and the air around it froze the water to the car. Managed in the end and she looks great. Going to finish her off today with a polish with my DA and get her ready for Jan weather lol. I may even take her out for a photo shoot if I can find a suitable location without her getting too dirty
  24. The boiler is a combi, so I don't have a separate tank. It hasn't been given a failed test report as it is still working (just)!! It's heating the water for heating although not providing enough heat for tap water. So it sounds like the thermostat in the boiler. I've got someone coming round on Thursday so we shall see what he has to say. Although I've been advised the cost will be higher as it has a vertical flue, which exits on the roof rather than on an external wall. If work is required on the flue it will require scaffolding which bumps the price. Although we are thinking a straight boiler swap is the answer, which is why I thought a forum post might have provided me with a little more clarity?
  25. Cheers Zugara, looks interesting. I'll get in touch with the energy suppliers to see what options there are.
×
×
  • Create New...