Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. At least I'm driving the same family of vehicles, so everything is pretty much the same, even the fuel release flap!! Although the sound is completely different..... I may play on the stereo the sound track of my Zed
  2. I can't upload from work, but it's a..... Nissan...... Micra.....
  3. For those who've had the pleasure of driving the Abbey Motorsport Courtesy Car - I'm rather impressed. Okay so it's no looker, although it's benefits outweight the negatives. For instance..... Fuel Economy - I managed 54.5mpg on the motorway during my return journey from Oxted to Birmingham - This is twice the mpg I was getting with the Zed on my way down. Driveability - Superb for every day driving, point and go, handles well on the corners and leaves junctions without you thinking "will I make it" Comfort - Okay so the comfort isn't amazing and wouldn't be recommended for long journeys, although it has all the mod cons you need, Aircon, Electric Windows, CD player. Visibility - you can see everything, no blind spots, mirrors are more than suitable, fantastic to park. Fuel Refills - I put £20 in at the motorway services at £1.35 a litre, with the DTE saying I had no more miles left in the tank. The £20 I put in, gave me half a tank of fuel. You don't have to worry about finding the right bighting points with the clutch, just slip it in gear and away you go. Braking is just as good as the Zed. No need to worry about wheelspin, or loss of traction, even drives well in the wet. I'm sure also it would fair a 1000 times better in the snow in comparison to the Zed. Steering feels solid and planted. The other thing is nobody wants to race you off the lights, it quietly slips in with the other boring traffic without raising alarm bells. All in all a fantastic car..... The only problem is.... It's god damn ugly! Although, I will enjoy driving to work for the next 5 days knowing how much money this car is saving me, the only problem is I have lost all my friends due to the reduction of my street cred!
  4. Go for the squirt.... NOS!! You can chose any size jet for instance 25, 50, 75 - It'll cost you about £1,000 to achieve what you need. Oh and the jets are £12 a pair, so changing from 25 to 75 is a case of £12. Some like it some don't but if you're not looking for all out beans then NOS is a good alternative?
  5. Anyone want an original Chargespeed bumper? (only kidding by the way before I get any PM's)
  6. Aha... I see. It's the original that's a bit of a problem.
  7. Congrats mate, sounds like a viable option..... So all that money spent on my Chargespeed could have been saved. Don't forget those extra grams of material will add weight to the car It will be a great saving for those who wish for a great bumper.... I chose the Chargespeed rear as they are hard to get hold of, now they are going to be everywhere Any chance they can make a Nismo V3 front??
  8. Fair comment Neil. It feels like it's a slalom on the roads today. Swerve left, swerve right, avoid the car, mind the massive hole!! Oh then there's road works!! I was watching some Nurburgring action last night on youtube, and it reminded me of the condition of the track - ACE!! You don't even get motorways in any condition near to the ring. There's certain sections of the M40 where the road has subsided, they've fixed some of it, but left other parts just to rot!! There's more chance of causing damage, either by hitting some noob who hasn't got a clue, or wrecking your wheels and suspension on our fantastic potholed roads!!
  9. Interesting comment on the PF disks. I have a serious amount of brake dust that come off my PF pads and oem disks. I was wondering if PF disks would reduce some of that brake dust? Only issue being the front's are £550 if my memory serves my right from Alex - which I could do without paying, although my car's in at Abbey at the weekend for a good checkover, so it may warrant new disks?
  10. You're also forgetting about the famous Autobhan's of Germany
  11. In the wet, yes it can get a little twitch, although you've gota be pushing in the first place to get a reaction. In the dry it's no problem what so ever. Get the re-map, it's well worth the smile on your face when it's done (+ it removes the 155mph limiter!) Not that I've every tested it
  12. Funny thing is, every time I go to Abbey I let my other half know that I'm going for a "Service". Now, I went down in May, August, October/November (can't be sure) and now again this weekend. She made me laugh tonight, she said "how come your car gets serviced so often" I replied "Oh that's because it's tuned and if not it will go bang" (She undestands if I put it that way). So I think I've got away with it!
  13. Yeah nice one Will. You'll enjoy the benefits. I'll be there on Saturday, leaving the car there for a week. A kinda holiday for my girl
  14. The wheels are def not the work of Aston Martin. I also had a hunch at Fiat.
  15. Agreed - seems the ladies down south are far more accommodating....
  16. What the hell I didn't know you were selling up!!! You'd only just invested in her? It also seems you're getting wed!!! Congrats!! Have I been asleep or just not keeping up with things? Good luck with the sale - let me know if there's anything you'll be taking off the car?
  17. Now that would be interesting. Not sure the hub dyno would work though. You'd have to put the rc on a box or something
  18. Drop out!! Boooo So - we remove another name from the list.... I hope your excuse is valid.... I can understand Gaz being shipped to another country, so I hope your reason is just as important!! 1) Wasso 2) Andlid 3) P15ULT (Paul) 4) ThomasSoerensen 5) Rob-Hughes 6) GT4 Zed 7) Ozwald Name list updated. Anyone else feel the need to retire from this listing? I will be looking to book the boat (which is coming out cheaper as per Mr GT4 Zed) at the beginning of March. This will include securing accomodation. If anyone has any doubts they can't make it, please let me know. (If by chance anyone fancies coming along - add your name respectively) Cheers
  19. We're having a quiet one this year a few bottles of wine and a blueray movie. Every year I get her flowers, and a large bunch at that. She said don't buy pressents this year and just get me a card. Very strictly saying NO GIFTS. so I get come with a couple of bottles of wine and there on the table is my card. Simple. Swap cards and then she reveals a small bag with a box in. I knew instantly they were cufflinks (see pic) although she's very naughty as we agreed NO GIFTS. although she said every Valentine I get her flowers and she gets me just the card, so I guess she's repaying the love. Felt bad though for no gifts. Might have to sort out a little gift for her.
  20. Must have been a fantastic weekend if you have just sobered enough to read this. Hey come on we're talking about Darren here, expect nothing less than 3 bottles of wine plus chasers!!
  21. Hmmm fair cop, although the stock air intake box is a fairly restrictive bit of plastic. Although with my ARC box, it has for sure a less restrictive outerbody. The plenum spacer and MREV2 as experienced myself is a FANTASTIC mod, although best suited for 06+ models. Interesting find.....
  22. Am I actually reading this right, that both aftermarket and stock eom are pretty much identical? (Well, nearly all the same). Shame he didn't test the ARC.
  23. Wasso

    A new photo....

    Looks like a nice mini meet. Shame there wasn't any other colours to compliment the look Creative I have to say....
×
×
  • Create New...