Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Here here!!! Forum is pretty awesome to be fair from car tips to marriage guidance, from contractual matters right up to a good old laugh and joke. I religiously visit the forum daily, at work it's constantly open. What the he'll IT must think I do at work I don't know! Graham good luck with the wedding I hope you both have a fantastic day and you both live a happy life together. Both me and Jayne wish you well. Here's to the bride and groom and not forgetting this totally amazing forum
  2. Probably stolen and recovered to the police station!!!
  3. I see your point although I'm struggling to understand how the US zeds are coping with no issues on a 100 shot? It just doesn't make sense. Maybe more tunning of the controller itself is required? The progressive element of the controller should safely deliver the NOS without being aggressive. I'll see what wizards have to say. trust me I won't cry, I'll just sob like a broken child who's lost his toys. After reading endless threads on my350 the verdict seems 125+ or more is dangerous territory hence I'd move no further north than 100. If it also means going direct port to improve safety then I'm up for it. Thanks for commenting though Mark, your advice is not being ignored.
  4. Not being funny Mark but it needs spacers and lowering. Didn't think much to the wooden bodykit either. Gota say looks high tech and highly tuned. Makes a dull job very interesting. If you need a loan zed to drop that into just let me know I'll be there!!
  5. Right, been down to Powerflow and guess what!! They don't have a box that fits the Zed. Surely you would have thought investigations in their stock would reveal the exhaust pipe sizes. So it's back to the drawing board, although there is one last company I can try. They specialise in customised jap exhausts. After that it will be the GReddy me thinks. Tarmac I'll still keep you on the list
  6. Can you get that from Halfords or is it import only?
  7. What I don't understand is in the US they are running 100 shot NOS without any issues. Even running 125 as long it's not continual pounding. The other factor which I find odd is that other vehicles using NOS are running in excess of 100 without any form of engine strengthening? Furthermore why can a supercharger be fitted which is also on the same bandwagon of torque get away scot free. I'm sure there are limitations with the supercharger although you can hit 400whp without causing damage. Also take into consideration the supercharger kicks in as soon as you kit the throttle, NOS doesn't kick in till 4k so there's even less torque risk than the supercharger. Don't get me wrong I'm not dismissing your comments with torque, I'm seeking additional information in which to make a decision and go for the 100 shot. Wizards have looked at the last decent dyno report and feel we should be getting more from the 75 shot as it's only gaining 50horse and mentioned the fueling appears rich and thus dampening the NOS. I'm sure that's a precaution to avoid running lean? Either way I'd like to review exactly where the boundaries are and with the amount of money spent actually achieve those markers. If I'm at the limit so be it, although investigating other avenues maybe an option?
  8. Cheers both, specifically looking at the forged area's really. I'm having a NOS discussion with Wizards at the moment and discussing the internal upgrades. So are we saying the Pistons are forged? I know something was forged over the non-revup but can't recall?
  9. What were the internal engine changes between non revup and revup, were there certain parts that were forged? I can't for the life of me think of what they were and can't find the answer on the web. (search criteria is clearly not enough). Ta.
  10. If you already have the license you'll pay for dyno time by the hour. If it's FI tune it costs a little more.
  11. Wasso

    Name this kit...

    Def Nismo skirts, although the splitter has been nicely painted - not sure what it is?
  12. Cool
  13. Great idea.....(can't help with the design) I'll take a T-shirt for when the time comes. Maybe for co-drivers or partners there could be another T-shirt design - maybe saying something like "I'm with him/her"? Maybe T-shirts with our forum names on as well - would be helpful. There's been times when I wear my european hoodie, which has my forum name on it, comes in handy during meets so that we can identify who we all are....!!
  14. I guess we're talking the GReddy exhaust. I'm keen to see what this bespoke company can do first, if I can save £300 then I'll opt for that to be honest. Although, if I'm not happy with their offerings I'll be in touch. Cheers
  15. I might be away on the 1st May - I'd have to consult my social secretary (my other half).
  16. http://www.motordyneengineering.com/ind ... a48eb2be3e Half way down the page. Basically it's a modified 03-05 lower collector. Sits underneath the upper plenum and will aid air flow into the cylinders. (this is the long story cut short). All you need to do is swap out your lower collector (06+) with the modified lower collector and hey-presto. Dyno results I achieved below viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42676&hilit=+lower+plenum
  17. All I can say then is enjoy..... (once it's mapped of course)
  18. Best mod ever fitted in my eyes! But must getted booked in for the re-map now Beavis, you've not re-mapped after install of the MREV? Tut tut.... I noticed a loss in MPG - although sound and performance puts a great smile on my face!
  19. Best mod ever fitted in my eyes!
  20. Here's the Dyno results page: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431&hilit=dyno+charts And the Discussion Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26040&hilit=+dyno
  21. Mods are in my signature and yes mapped last year. If you search for Dyno Charts (top right hand corner) there's a comprehensive list of those who have Dyno'd without mods, with mods, with FI etc etc. Various gains comes from different cars, so I can't be specific to provide you with a true answer. Atlhough our cars are of the same breed they may result in different gains.
  22. Performance Throttle Response MPG Performance Increased - depending on modifications fitted before remap. Throttle Response increased MPG - depends on the modifications fitted, if they make sizeable bhp/tq gains then you may see a drop in MPG. If you are fitting the items listed, you should see the same or improved MPG. Uprev will also provide you 100% throttle in all gears. Nothing too serious to worry about, i.e. wheels spinning etc, although when in motion, i.e. 30mph+ it massively improves the response and power to your acceleration. In addition it will also remove the 155mph limiter. So you are free to push the needle just that little bit further. To note the GT4 is basically the 06+ model (296bhp) until the HR was launched having 313bhp
  23. I'm heading down to BMC on Friday http://www.bmc1.net/exhausts.php Lets see what they have to say.... they are interested in providing a copy very simular to the GReddy.... wonder if they can get a sound comparison also? Watch this space.....
×
×
  • Create New...