Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. It used to be a work laptop, well me and the MD agreed that if I pay 50% of the laptop cost I can keep it after 3 years. So I used it as a work and home laptop. Now all it does is wander from upstairs to downstairs, but don't want a fixed PC as they hurt your legs when you have the tower, monitor and keyboard sat on your legs when outside, they're not very portable So we'd for sure need a laptop. I might ask and find out what repair costs are like
  2. Thanks guys helpful I've had a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a super wide 19" screen (yes it's a big laptop) for coming on 6 years now and it's performed flawlessly until now, as the screen now has coloured lines going vertically down the screen. So in all fairness I could just fix the screen and shove some more RAM in, but some people have said move to MAC. The inspiron I have is running 2ghz and 1gig if RAM, so back in the day 6 years ago this was a beefy laptop, so if I did a system clean, upgrade the ram and fix the screen it could come out cheaper I am slightly tempted to keep this one as it has 6 USB connections, FireWire, memory card reader, DVD drive, updated graphics card and so on. So what do you think? Scrap this one or repair??
  3. All that I know is it's currently sat inside my engine and clutch!! It's only been in there two weeks, but put the Gulf Competition in as recommended. I got mine from Opie, spend over a certain value and get free delivery. So if there are any other spare fluids you may require order them at once
  4. Horsham Dev - I think they were like £40'odd. You'll need to check what size you need if fitting to aftermarket ARB. I still have oem, so it was a simple request
  5. It's time to get a new laptop. Now, because I don't want to spend an utter fortune on the 'best' laptop on the market, my budget stems between £500-750. Main Requirements Photoshop manipulation of photos A very small amount of video editing So.... Do I go for a second hand mac or a laptop, again not bothered about used. If going used I can get some decent quality what should I be going for? I probably haven't given a great deal of info but processing speed is a must. I edit a large number of photos and want to do it quickly and efficiently. So recommend me some hardware
  6. YES! Installed SuperPro ARB bushes the other weekend, made a nice improvement
  7. I got mine from America, has two inputs. Fits perfect too Price $29.99 (I've pasted in a 2004 Zed not sure which yours is?) http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oilfilte ... ead-1.aspx
  8. Time to get my crayons out and start making some money
  9. Wasso

    Intake pipe

  10. Wasso

    Intake pipe

    Hey, Col, you noticed yet regarding the eBay Magpie?
  11. £300!!!! You avin a laff!! (Nice ramp though)
  12. The first one is spot on, and I noticed those too, but the price is a little high. The second one I spotted those, although once past the extension I wouldn't be able to mount the second part of the ramp. Pic of how low.
  13. No problem - just put gold plating in like Mclaren do - job done (just the new 25 year mortgage to pay off for it) Colin that would be adding weight now wouldn't it Erm - not really matey, I cant imagine it being very thick Chris - weight is weight.... I always make sure of having a poo before getting in the car
  14. Cheers Rich, but I don't think the highest level will give me sufficient room in which to undertake tasks under the engine bay. Thanks for the offer though....
  15. Col, need you to find me some low level car ramps. Don't want to pay no more than £50 You've seen my car and how low the front lip is, and I am unable to mount the ramps at a normal garage. So can you source me a home solution for me to lift the car easily and without scraping the underneath
  16. No problem - just put gold plating in like Mclaren do - job done (just the new 25 year mortgage to pay off for it) Colin that would be adding weight now wouldn't it
  17. +1 on the house purchasing
  18. Here's anthrecite
  19. Wasso

    ARC Bankrupt

    Damn that means my air intake won't fetch a complete fortune anymore?
  20. True you could always weld the mount back in place
  21. Problem is I wouldn't use the spare wheel area for everyday use, the heat from the exhaust cooks the contents of the spare wheel area.
  22. Cheers Col
  23. Should have got a sensible car son.... Bet that was the comment. We've done two European trips in the Zed now, which account for 5,000 miles on the clock. We've managed to stuff in tent, camping gear, air bed, duvet, pillows, pots pans food oh and clothes strategic planning and of course without the spare wheel it's like having a second boot!
  24. Well Taras siad he's going to test a number of B17 samples from different companies to see if it's a mixing issue. Thing is if they can't match it I think I may need to visit Nissan and get them to test their version of B17. We shall see. tow hitch. That's great of our older generation. My dad saw my car for the first time a few months ago and said "where are the back seats, and where does your shopping go"
  25. and your getting that huge scratch down the side of the passenger door repaired as well?
×
×
  • Create New...