-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
you lot crack me up, I'm serious god damn it Ekona you've wrapped your car in cling film, that is utter crazy, did you have somebody wrap you in the car I can't have any type of wrap on the car as it's heated on, and just like any new paint you can't apply anything on it for 6 weeks this is why I thought of a Bra. Mrs was going to lend her Bra, although plenty of cup, just not enough to cover the front end. I could just drive VERY slowly and away from all cars, but that is just impossible on both accounts. There must be someone with a Car Bra (I hope)
-
You may be wondering why such a question is being posted in the General 350z area.... That's because I'm looking to loan a CAR Bra for a day or so next weekend. Happy to pay for delivery and collections, along with some beer tokens your way? I know it's a long shot but does anyone have one? (No Dave (SPD) not that sort of Bra )
-
To be fair the laptop I have kicks arse even today, so for a small investment I can refresh my laptop. I'll def give you guys a shout when the time comes though (not bad 6 years for a laptop eh!)
-
Right - I've done some investigating and thanks Andy clearly there is a problem with the 9300 with the LCD screens supplied and being out of waranty means I won't get a replacement. So.... I've investigated the price to repair, replace and upgrade. New LCD screen £68 Battery £35 Upgrade from 1g to 2g total ram memory for £23 So that's a grand total of £126 - if I fit of course the LCD myself, which I have found a guide. I'll maybe revisit advice on this thread if my efforts fail and the laptop dies in the near future. Thanks again guys
-
I was debating whether to post that pic but thought there's no harm, at least people can put a name to a face
-
I'm guessing it's something to do with the connection from the base to the screen as the lines are as if a ribbon is wearing and the connection is being lost on some of the vertical pixels. It needs a new battery as well. I'll get a quote and provide some feedback of what next
-
Luckily I'm on Jury service and have been so for now 7 weeks. The first two weeks were really odd as I've been using the train to get into town, so she was only used at the weekend in this time. I have to say though it does feel weird that she's not parked on my driveway Still another 5 weeks of jury service to go, ho hum!
-
Did you click on the linky I posted? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-mac-lap ... 0717883211 When I posted, it was 10 hours before it finished. I did, and like you say it's now ended, there are still a load of others, but not sure on the Apple Lingo as to whether it's any good or not
-
Okay thanks everyone for the heads up and alternating opinions. I'm still no further as I haven't got a clue which Mac to look at, and looking at the spec of my current laptop, it will take some decent cash to take it one or two steps further. I'll get a quote for repair of the screen and look at upgrading the ram to 4gig which should make a huge difference. Although I am really tempted by Apple still.....
-
Fixed now, for some reason Photobucket showed correctly, but wasn't coming through to the forum as it is in Photobucket?? So I've created a new version of the photo's. Laura - find a detailer in your area and ask them specifically to work on the swirl removal, which will allow you plenty of time to wash and clay the car ready for the detailer to remove the swirls. I'm sure they'll do you a fair price.
-
Price varies to be fair, everyone charges differently, I've only started out this year, so my prices are fairly low, but as the business develops prices will go up. A lot of the price depends on the products being used, and how long the car is being detailed for. You're looking at 3-4 figures for the prestige vehicles. I actually have a Rolls Royce Phantom to detail, which scares the living crap out of me, what if?? Does the car stay cleaner for longer, I'd say yes, as long as a good application of wax is applied and allowed to set correctly. I wax my car every 2 weeks and after 3 or 4 sessions there's a superb layer of wax and when rainwater hits the car, it slides straight off. This will apply for dirty water such as puddles. What seems to make the car dirty sooner is the airborn contaminents. These fall from the air and sit on your car, the Wax has no chance of removing such particles. This builds up and after say 5 days it rains, the Wax can't perform as it would if it was fresh. So although it's not rained, the wax doesn't work as well and therefore the rainwater will sit on the car and potentially dry, thus allowing for more dirt to build up. So a good wax gives you longer periods between washes. For instance I snowfoam every weekend. Some occasions I don't even need to don my mitt, the snowfoam does the job, because the wax is working as it should. This is why I build up the wax over a period which helps me in the long run.
-
ML-Ultra PM sent Southernspeed - all depends really, the Focus was all day, the remaining other cars except the BMW530 were all 1 day jobs. The BMW was so dirty that I went through two claybars!! But the satisfaction of turning a filth bucket into something great to look at again, even if they are 10+ years old is very satisfying. I prefer the dirty cars
-
And finally a 370z - a simple exterior clense of the paintwork, SnowFoam, Wash, Clay, Wax - ScottyZ Before Pics (and there's not a great deal to see as it was fairly clean - apart from the bugs and flies!) After That's it folks.... so if anyone is interested who's fairly local of course please give me a shout, happy to work some magic on your pride and joy.
-
The Vauxhall Insignia from earlier returned for a pre-winter detail and seal ready for our cold and wet winters. (A smaller selection of photo's as it's a repeat vehicle) Completed! Another returning customer, wanting just a wax seal for winter. (After pics only) Moving on to a BMW530d - Requiring a complete overhaul. This beast took two full days! Dirty CAR!! And here's the after pic's which produced a massive when the owner returned (He was undecided on the colour of the car when he brought it to me, he now has a firm idea of it's original colour once finished).
-
Now, this one I have to say shows the greatest of improvements to a vehicle that was 12 years old and riddled with Swirl Marks!! We are talking serious abuse! Enjoy.... Here comes a close of up the nearside wing!! Swirls removed There's more.... And with magic! And here's the final product after some Dodo Juice SuperNatural Wax
-
Onto a nice Merc - SL350 - very nice (Not many before pics as there was intermitent rain) After Then came along Husky After
-
Thought it was about time I posted some pictures of some of my completed work. All pictures and info can be found at http://www.pristinedetailing.co.uk Business started with a request to remove emulsion spots over the entire car, if I had to count how many were actually on the car, I'd probably say 10,000+ It took in all about 6 hours to remove these stuborn spots. The Car: The Paint Spots: To the finished product Thereafter a Vauxhall Insignia - which shall we say was VERY dirty! AFTER Now something we can all relate to.... (SlimJim) Bit of a snow foam... The finished product
-
Halfrauds can supply you with a torque wrench but they ain't cheap. There are of course other alternatives on the web, but just don't buy *cheap* cos it is cheap. Get one middle of the road. You're bound to have a use for it in the future. Inside the plenum will be oil deposits, you can wipe them out as you say, but leaving it there won't cause any issues.
-
The plastic turret spacers held by the main 6 plenum bolts aren't strong that's for sure. They will break if over tightened, just ask Husky
-
Here you go http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf
-
No way Jose, you need to torque them up in a specific sequence. If you do a search on the web for "motordyne plenum spacer install guide" that will tell you how to torque the plenum correctly. Over tightening can break the plastic spacers in the middle.
-
The Gulf was recommended on here, and so far so good. It's been used in track, so if it's good for track it's good for me