Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. a tin of custard would have been sufficient. I'm still sourcing the aluminium supply and manufacturer, so give me another week if you could before we set the wheels in motion. We'll chat via pm for the finer details. Cheers very much appreciated.
  2. I would pay for secure transfer via courier to and from your address. Returning it as new condition. I'm guessing it'll be laser scanned. Plan will be to copy the spacer, which will in turn produce the layout for the gasket. The plastic feet and metal washers will be copied or sourced. Bolts are easy enought to source. Plan will be to source a copy and supply, then obtain pricing for anodising. Timescales I'd say two weeks. From there once I've collated pricing I can then provide to members. My initial thoughts on anodising will be 5 colours to keep things simple. In terms of trust, ignore Graham he struggles with a claybar best of times I
  3. Sounds interesting, Zed badges Anonodised. Hmmmmmmm
  4. Ahh cool now I follow Iwantone - I'd presume they could recycle the core waste of the aluminium cut spacer providing a return in costs?
  5. That could be an inspired idea! There is no rule that says it must be parallel. Steve An idea that has already been produced by Altered Atmosphere. It's not popular unsure why but the Motordyne Spacer seems to steel the market share on spacers. Dave I said bling not Chav. The plan is to manufacture aluminium spacers which will be cheaper than motordyne, but maintain the exact same functionality. The benefit of Aluminium is that you can anodise the spacer to any colour. I'll be hopefully producing all the necessary parts such as bolts, washers, plastic feet and gaskets to ensure the seal is perfect. I'm still in discussions with manufacture and anodising but plan to roll out a group buy thread in the future if the project is viable. I'll also ensure the spacer is tested so that members aren't buying something that doesnt work. The main reason is the aesthetics of the motordyne spacer, its ugly at the end of the day and for those who colour code their engine bay it'll keep in tone with the rest of their colour pallet.
  6. Maybe he has two birthdays like the queen
  7. I've seen this vehicle a number of times in the flesh. One of THE best looking 350z convertibles on the forum. I'm not a fan of Veilside but on the convertible it looks perfect. The car has always been immaculate at meets and stored away at winter annoyingly as he'd never come out of hibernation for a Midlands meet Whoever buys this car will be one happy bunny and at THAT mileage this plenty of life left in her. Not only that, you get the oem items if you don't fancy Veilside. Great price great car and a big shame you wish to retire from Zed ownership. A really BIG good luck with sale.... I even spoke to my Mrs last night to take it off your hands for her to drive but she doesn't fancy the fuel costs. I even tried to tempt her with the lower tax bracket Good luck mate and keep us posted with future plans.
  8. So this car has Leather seats AND cloth seats...... Right ok? And gear selection indicator, yet it's manual? a champion advert!
  9. I get between 15-20 in town. Motorway 24-29. I used to get over 30mpg but lasted about a week before I realised what the Zed does after 3,000 rpm. Technically the Zed is far from a daily driver unless you're prepared to foot the costs. But I live driving my car daily so put up with the cost. To be honest it's money very well spent because every day I have a smile on my face rain or shine. If I don't drive her for a week I get anxious to drive her again and as soon as you park your ass on the leather and start her up you feel like you're home again.
  10. Oh man this going to be thread of the century! Q: I have a slight slipped disk - do you reckon your car would possibly shake it back into place A: Slipped disc? It will not only cure your slipped disc but it will also cure any severity of impotence......the vibrations alone are enough to shake some life into your old man......and that's a ricey double cash back guarantee.
  11. Mate you've made my evening, a proper ROFL around my lounge. Best Quotes Its just typically Germanic.........Grey, Gunmetal, Grey, Silver, Grey, Black, Grey, Aluminium (Grey), Black......ooh, ooh was that a bit of Blue on the badge!! Nope lost it.......Grey, Grey, Black, Grey. Its a wonder really that they allowed it to be a drop head so you can drop the lid (in a mighty impressive 10 seconds) and let the colors of beautiful English summer time in (Grey, Grey, Black, Grey, cloud, chav, grey, pram, grey, pastie). How do you know a Zed is so good Personally you can't beat the sound of V6 (In fact just buy yourself a 350z.....now that's a proper car!). You may want to correct canubra to carnauba Great read mate and really hope you sell her swiftly to then purchase as you've so rightly said....... A ZED!
  12. Zzzzz Zzzzzz Now that I know the system has posted despite the error I now go back. But since then it appears the forum appears to be working spot on?
  13. I am planning in going into production but it won't be a 'standard' type spacer. It'll be for those who want to bling
  14. Thing is I was receiving a physical error, as such I reverted back to my post entry screen. I was never aware that my post actually landed correctly, despite receiving an error saying the server times out?
  15. Agreed Finding the right balance of too much or too little takes a little getting used to. I lacquer the polished strut bars that I do, and I apply 2 coats and the second coat is harder than the first as the lacquer settles differently from the first application.
  16. As above need a brand new spacer with all bolts and plastic spacers and washers on a loan basis. The spacer will not be fitted, tampered with or returned anything but it's original condition. I will need to remove the necessary parts from their packaging and that's it. In return I shall provide drink tokens and cover postal costs to and from originating postal address. Anyone? Thanks Ian
  17. Find somebody with a DA and Ultimate Compound. Job will take 5 mins per light MAX.
  18. Funny enough I'm at work at long last so polishing in the evenings now.
  19. I bet you still have one of those new fangled VHS recorders My VHS recorder died a fair few years ago and moved onto DVD. But now I use this thing called Sky+ it's great you can record things really easily now
  20. Personaly I like the way the forum is set out. Why change something that isn't broken? Okay we're having minor glitches now and again, but does the front end visuals really matter. I've seen a lot worse on the net and I think the functionality and visuals are fine.
  21. Example: I post my text. Receive error 408 after 60sec delay. Press back to retrieve my text as I have been informed the server did not respond. So I post again in the hope the server responds. Error 408 again. Repost Error 408. Give up and presume my post has not been accepted to find its been received multiple times. So if I receive error 408 the post has been received yet being informed otherwise??
  22. I don't actually want to post with the fear of repeating myself
  23. The forum is broken it kept saying error server times out???????? Hence multiple posts, mods please delete as required!
  24. Cool interesting facts. The local Beemer you mention, it wasn't stripped out with roll cage was it? If so its probably the one I saw last year. It looks a wreck but made for all out speed, and probably doesn't care if he bins it
×
×
  • Create New...