Jump to content

GranTurismoEra

Members
  • Posts

    3,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GranTurismoEra

  1. https://www.carscoops.com/2021/01/475-hp-toyota-gr-yaris-by-hks-beats-nissan-gt-r-nismo-around-the-track/
  2. Interesting DP, it always reminds me of the Nismo 370 compared to other daily cars
  3. lol depends on how wide the net is when searching. The seating position in the Yaris is said to be off putting. Its not like an EP3 where you can sit on the lean. Its similar to the old clio Still pricey. Better off going Supercharged on the Nismo than buying a Supra or GTR. Cost to buy used Nismo 370 - £20000 Top Supercharger - £8000 Supporting breather mods -£2000? Big Brake kit - £2500 Coilovers? - £800 Roughly Same price as a circuit GR Yaris Still cheaper than a new 2 litre Supra at £45,000 Imagine i get a 60 plate 370gt instead ill need to upgrade suspension anyway still cheaper than a new car. Different strokes. I guess you save on petrol with the Yaris. Not much when flooring it everywhere. I bet its still 28 mpg after caning it Also is it better to get an 86 and Charge that to 300hp instead of a 2 liter Supra?! I heard some stories about bottom ends
  4. ha, ill leave the logistics to the experts. This wont be a roll on roll off affair to save a few pounds. Dont want pirates getting their grubby hands on the goods Nissan paint wearing thin at sea
  5. Toyota think EVs are overrated. Thats the joint top manufacturer in the world saying that. They will continue to make hybrids post 2030 and may introduce EV. I think with the alternate fuels you never know. LC500 arent coming down fast. With the prices of the rivals I cant see the Z being cheap at all. I just hope used ones will be around the 30k mark. Highly unlikely as 2019 Supras are still £45,000 but whos buying. Im yet to see a Supra on the road. I just think when the Z drops it will more talked about and loved than the Supra. It wont necessarily translate into better sales. I think a steady 2500-4000 per year worldwide is all Nissan are expecting for 5 years till a facelift or potential hybrid. Now the 2 litre Supra is here and the high price. Im keen to see if the new 86 stays at £30,000 or goes up to £36,000 Hopefully Z will be priced around £40,000 for the GT in Japan and £47,000 for the Nismo. After 1 year and 8k miles that could be £30,000 and £37,000 excluding shipping fees potentially. After seeing Supra I doubt it More like £40,000-£45000 used.....with all the pcp/hp available in US
  6. Its still around £10,000 more than the equivalent Z4 and £10,000 less than the 3.0 You can pick up a 2020 Z4 for £29,000 with some miles on it https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/supra/353986/new-toyota-gr-supra-20-hits-uk-priced-ps45995
  7. chrome, perforated metal, lined with thick rubber underbodies, well oiled ball bearings. The use of quality materials like alcantara, premium scratchless plastic and soft matte finishes. So 2019. All replaced by extended custom designed AMOLED screens that curve and bend to you the driver. Now password protected with valet mode perhaps. Innovative
  8. I think petrol cars will retain their value and still be an option for the public, car enthusiasts and anti ev brigade. If by then synthetic or alternative fuel is an option the may offer that as hybrid alternative with companies offering conversion to alternative fuel and alcohol could be a possibility. It depends on what BP, Shell, Esso and co want to offer. They have tried with LPG Also new cars sold between 2028 - 2030 if they could be made cheaper than EV in general there could be a jump in sales flooding the market with the last ICE vehicles. The government would probably want to ban importation of pure ICE cars.
  9. Aside from the crossover sitting position and 137 mile range looks good. £32,000? well when i looked 4 months ago they were £29000 with a few miles. Holy depreciation with a few miles you can bag one for £24,999. I hope this happens to the 400Z in Japan lol wow
  10. Its still irritating to hear a young inexperienced sales guy ripping it. When youre a german guy you probably cant understand the essence of NA lightweight cars. He also said out of 12 test drives for the GR Yaris only 1 order was made. I dont know if its the low sales ability, the Yaris seating position or just joyriders checking out the hype lol Ofcourse im a big fan of NA so I understand what @ekona means I will book a test drive for both 86 and Yaris for the fun of it and let you guys know
  11. Or sell the Stang get a 66 plate onwards R8 for a year lol....Best shape imo....As long as you can stomach service costs
  12. Looks like an import the tax should be lower
  13. optional hopefully as unless someones going for more power £2000 brake service is a bit steep compared to the £1000 on the 370
  14. Yep, the way he was ranting. Really like that shape R8 and the 2017 that came after. Such clean lines. £70,000....Just need to find the right lotto numbers
  15. yeah its average but decent twists...somebody just wanted to fill the gap and pay homage to other movies, its a time consumer. Lost Bullet but subtitles are in French. Only other thing i could think of was the 2 season Drag racing docu series. Fastest Car I found Paul Hollywood continental trip but haven't seen it yet might be good.
  16. the snap oversteer would have killed him. Hes not that skilled
  17. No issues running a custom square plate as many 350 and 370 use it now. Silver not sure about that. Would change the look completely.
  18. They look good, especially in the summer. The standard 124 are nice too. In this pandemic it makes sense to get something fun and cheaper. A pokey remap might be great to keep the diesels at bay
  19. shocking...Makes a great case for blackvue dashcams though. Worth the money I think.
  20. Happy new year Stan! Makes want to finish season 1 and 2 of Spy Racers on Netflix. I remember having lego houses and lego men. No so much lego cars.
  21. I hope everyone is having a good break and staying distracted from the lockdown worthy weather. I found this, a stolen R8 being driven recklessly at high speed in Newcastle, Australia. Fortunately the thief couldn't work out the gearbox or how to get it in race mode
  22. Id say keep it and look at a Boxster 981/718 maybe. My neighbour had an older 6 cylinder yellow boxster 2005. Head turner....Everytime I see him I ask whens the replacement coming? They are around £6k+ now and cant speak for maintenance. Or could get something small and fun like an MX5, Abarth 124
  23. no probs was ok i guess. Ill be on the lookout for more.
  24. More like this please! Ill try remember the last similar movie I saw on Netflix. Great stunts and action, French, Indie, Heist movie. (Lost Bullet). This just came out on Netflix although its 9 months old. Its gone in 60 seconds meets fast and furious Cheap action dont expect film festival material here. #350z and #s2000 are in there along with the obvious Supercars
  25. You dont need to worry about vision when all other senses are 'heightened'.. I cant see it being released in 2021. Also Covid isnt going anywhere anytime soon. The drop in infections around may june this year is unlikely to happen again without a full national lockdown with people respecting the rules. If it does come it will probably only sell 2000 in North America and very price dependent. Japan maybe 500 if that. UK probably 90-100 at best for MY 2022. UK is wishful thinking even with open imports. Times are tough. The Supra sales jumped this year in America and the projection back in Summer was around 4000 worldwide. Think theyve met that. Then again there are around 98 for sale in UK now many people have sold up 2019 models due to the situation. This car should be priced the same as the current nismo 370 new. £39,000 or $51,000 or it might struggle
×
×
  • Create New...