-
Posts
3,241 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by TT350
-
It's a lot more peppy when you get it remapped. TDI North did mine. But it was part of a stage 1 tuning package. Made 298bhp, up from 275bhp. TDI have it advertised on here.. Http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/70270-staged-tuning-packages-for-350z-and-370z/ You really do notice the change. You won't be disappointed if you go for stage 1. Does yours have an aftermarket exhaust system?
-
Crazy what a complete, powerful and comprehensively modified, tidy car you have and how little it's cost you and what you've got for that money!
-
22k? Bargain! What am I at... Turbo kit 2nd hand + install 6100 Forged bottom end + install 7500 Supporting mods (clutch, suspension etc) 4400 17k just there! There's more I forget! That's 2nd hand turbo kit too. I don't think I'd sell the Z after unless I had a good chunk saved towards an R34. And they're fast being hoovered up by the 'muricans.
-
I did my Z with the eBay specials and the soapy water. Paintwork looked and felt like glass. Deep.
-
Just appeal to their ego. It's why anyone joins the Police. Power. Then when they see how limited that power is, they become....frustrated.
-
It surprises me the defeatist attitude owners have towards their Z. A new, maybe young, owner will ask: "will my stock Z keep up with my mates Fiat 500 Abarth?" And he'll get an answer from an older, usually fairly wealthy owner who's had Porsches and maybe owns a Ferrari or has had modified cars such as a Pulsar with 400bhp: "Nah m8. The Z is a fat b@stard with an asthmatic V6 out of a Renault. Just buy it for the looks bro or get an Evo and spend 10 quid on a pop charger for 750hp instead" Have more faith! Turbo or Supercharge your Z and it transforms. The inertia of its obesity is overcome.
-
I nullified this debate earlier.
-
You can all sorts of cheap tat off eBay, doesn't mean it's any good though. That said, the Megs stuff isn't the cheapest of the decent stuff anyway. And sometimes it's just as good.
-
I can say from experience. Yes. Convincingly so. Although I'm turbo not super.
-
BS. Use water in a spray bottle with a few teaspoons of car shampoo. You can buy claybars in bulk on eBay for what it'd cost you to buy 2 kits of meguiars.
-
A few years back. Was taking my mum to chemo at Christies in Manchester. Was a 2 Lane road and there was a learner driver in the right hand lane doing 15-20mph. Was cutting it close for the appointment so I pulled into the left hand lane and overtook. I don't know why the instructor would have his learner in the right hand lane doing that kind of speed. Everyone was stuck behind her. Traffic copy a few cars back saw me and absolutely nailed it up to me so he'd be next to me at the lights, ironically also undertaking the learner. HUGE fat middle aged copy. Furious. "Driver! Pull over!!!" pointed to a street on the left. "Are you a f**king idiot? Doesn't the highway code apply to you?! You'd better have a bloody good excuse if you want to keep your licence!!" Had me get out. Show documents. This copy must have been about 7ft tall. And stood about an inch from me shouting down to me. Breath reeked. I told him where I was going and why I saw fit to undertake the L driver which I pointed out shouldn't be in the right hand lane going slower than all the other traffic. I didn't really understand his logic. Should we all have slowed to 15mph to avoid undertaking her? And if she slowed to 10mph, do we all hang back to 10? I was halfway through my sentence and he cut me off saying he wasn't concerned about the learner driver and that I should know better. My ears were ringing he was shouting that loud. He checked my car over. Had my mum get out. She was in the late stages of cancer and was pretty weak and a few years earlier had broke her hip so getting in and out of cars was hard work. He didn't even help her. Just kept saying "get out. come on. Your sons already taken enough of my time up" He absolutely scrutinised my car. Anyway his final bit of advice was "Drive safer and maybe your mum might live a bit longer" I wish I'd got his badge but I was pretty bewildered.
-
Also on the US forums they mentioned that after the viscous tears, which it does over time, it's basically like driving without a diff. Their words.
-
Weeeeeeeee!! That's with how much power?
-
Abbey Motorsport VQ35 built in a Nissan PS13 V6 drift car
TT350 replied to Mark@Abbey m/s's topic in Abbey Motorsport
Friggin 'eck! -
The guys on the US forum say it's a myth that they bang and clunk when you install a KAAZ 1.5 way diff. Or at the very worst, exaggerated. I've been looking at getting one and a longer final drive.
-
I would love an RX7 but I bet finding a nice unmolested one is hard work.
-
Hi from (sunny???) North Yorkshire
TT350 replied to paul4be's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
A lot of people joint from the NW and Yorkshire lately. Which is good. Welcome. -
Hi guys. I'd like my engine bay to be quite blingy. If possible I'd like a balance of blue hoses and stainless steel braid. Chrome fluid tanks. I'll be getting a Kinetix plenum so that in itself is a large piece of blingdom. Also the timing chain cover and that JDM Rare cover. If you know what I mean. Can anyone advise me which things I can change and for what? Will stainless over braid be ok to just, well, slide over original black pipes and hoses? Thanks guys and forgive my ignorance on the subject.
-
Apart from the niggles my Focus ST170 has, which are due to neglect from previous owners, it's a good car and the engine really shines. The Focus chassis was always good and the ST improves on it. I absolutely THRASH mine every day and the engine just wants more. The gears are good but between 1st and 2nd it could do with being a little closer. 200hp can be had with Jenvey throttle bodies. Throw in some hot cams and headwords and you're looking at 210-220. Stripped out and we'll set up I'd absolutely relish it as a track car.
-
I've heard that they're tiny inside. Hard for 6 footers to get comfy in?
-
They sound so good idling with a half bridgeport.
-
Any turbo car will make turbo flutter sounds. ust remove the BOV.Even a Fiat 500. And the bigger the turbo and and more the boost, the louder the flutter will be. Listen to an 80s Group B audio quattro! Huge turbo and lag lol.
-
My solicitors were a nightmare. 9 months it took them to sort it all. And to think of the money they charge.
-
Here you go. This'll scare you with its facts. After you watch it, tell me you'll just leave London and drive up to Scotland to your nans house while the missiles are in the air and play kerplunk and live off shortbread and spam until the shops re open after a few days then you'll drive back to London because you have a dentist appointment and you don't want to be struck off the NHS for missing it and you have planned a long weekend and already booked the Friday and Monday off work for the following week 'cos you're going to Benidorm as it's Wiggy's stag do and he's the arch bishop of Banterbury and you haven't seen him in ages, lol. I've been discussing all this with a friend lol. He's bought a lifelike CO2 gun and he said he'd just wait in his house upstairs and that he'd be ok because he's got that and he'd stop looters coming in to nick his tv and xbox lol!! The description from 8:39 is chilling Theres this too....